Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

uber sad face, order coming tuesday and im getting sick

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:14 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default uber sad face, order coming tuesday and im getting sick

so last night i started to get a little tickle in my throat so i smoked some nakhla lemon and af mint but not this is starting to get the makings of a cold and i have my first order form CH/HJ coming on tuesday with some really nice stuff (3X250 af: cola, mint, golden grape, SB blue myst, citrus myst, and cola for a friend, 4 boxes of nat coals 1 of those for my friend, and some 50 grams of layalian key lime, nakhla earl gray and AF orange)

gar i did really good this semester, this is the first year in probably 4+ years i didnt get sick until this late in the year

-matt
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: uber sad face, order coming tuesday and im getting sick

You should smoke with Cepacol in the base ...lol jk

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:38 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

This is my buddy studd's remedy, he is the goofy looking kid w/ the blonde hair in my early vids:

2 Shots Wild Turkey
4oz water
1 Melted Halls
a dash of Chloraseptic
----
microwave till warmed.
----

You could have a post nasal drip going, if so, I suggest a sinus rinse of some sort. the netti ***, or the bottle (that works better for me). its kind of like a douche for your sinus, it feels weird the first time you do it, but you can breathe so well afterwards. and youd be amazed at the gunk that comes out.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 7th, 2008, 08:44 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
This is my buddy studd's remedy, he is the goofy looking kid w/ the blonde hair in my early vids:

2 Shots Wild Turkey
4oz water
1 Melted Halls
a dash of Chloraseptic
----
microwave till warmed.
----

You could have a post nasal drip going, if so, I suggest a sinus rinse of some sort. the netti ***, or the bottle (that works better for me). its kind of like a douche for your sinus, it feels weird the first time you do it, but you can breathe so well afterwards. and youd be amazed at the gunk that comes out.
haha, that concoction sounds a little, um, ya. this russian i took violin from in highschool told me to eat 2 cloves of garlic, take 1/2 shot of vodka, put warm socks on my feet and go to bed. it worked ok at least felt better when i woke up.

ya i keep hearing to use the rinse but i cant bring my self to try it. ive been just spraying the saline spray all day. i might just break down and take some pseudefed, im not really congested, at least in my nose

-matt
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

if its chest congestion, take mucinex.

if its sinus, use the rinse, its cheap, and you just need the bottle, the solution is table salt and baking soda, and you dont even need the baking soda, thats to lower the ph a tad, but for me it really no different.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:22 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:

2 Shots Wild Turkey
4oz water
1 Melted Halls
a dash of Chloraseptic
----
microwave till warmed.
----
I might just do this right now, and I feel great
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:38 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
if its chest congestion, take mucinex.

if its sinus, use the rinse, its cheap, and you just need the bottle, the solution is table salt and baking soda, and you dont even need the baking soda, thats to lower the ph a tad, but for me it really no different.
i almost wish it was chest cause musenex is my hero (just dont accidentally take it too often, i read the label wrong and took it twice as often as i should have one time and wow, i was messed up, terrible terrible). i wish i could get in on blow gun darts cause my roommate should have been talking it for his cough that has lasted 4 weeks.

i think im going to pop some good old nightquil tonight and drink some lemonade with baking soda in it to help raise the PH to help kill of any stuff in my system

-matt
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:48 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

... the ph was the issue for the sinus rinse, not to ingest, but to rinse out.

major issue people dont listen to when sick is hydration, you gotta piss out the sickness.

Old December 7th, 2008, 09:56 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
... the ph was the issue for the sinus rinse, not to ingest, but to rinse out.

major issue people dont listen to when sick is hydration, you gotta piss out the sickness.
well, i bought 3 jugs of juice friday that usually last me through the week with the tea i drink and ive almost killed 2 of them. and ive been drinking a lot of tea.

the baking soda thing is something an alternative medicine guy told my family that works really well. you mix like 1/4-1/2 tsp of baking soda is something to ingest it (juice works the best from what ive found) and it helps raise your over all ph in your body to kill any viruses. you just do it a few times in a day and it usually knocks stuff out, i never really tried it more than once but my brother just was able to kick a sickness in a day or 2 doing it like 3 times a day

-matt
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:57 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

You get the dorm room special? When one person gets sick everyone gets sick.
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:09 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
You get the dorm room special? When one person gets sick everyone gets sick.
naw im not even in dorms im in an apartment and i rarely even interact with my roommate (he has the loft), but he never cleans and wouldnt take musinex cause it made him cough duh. i dont think i caught it from him since hes been sick for a few weeks. but it doesnt help that the glass studio for my school has community blow pipes that are never sanitized so i probably caught it from one of the pipes.

but lord this kid is one of those that doesnt clean but complains when stuff is kinda messy for a good reason

-matt
Old December 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

we call it the barracks, but its worse than the dorms, cause this disease has had decades to breed in the same spot

Old December 7th, 2008, 10:57 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

i would suggest just waiting it out cause for me medicine never works unless im really sick a little cold i have to just wait out. jsut eat healthy nd stay comfortable not really warm and not to cold. just comfortable.
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Biloshambles
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
so last night i started to get a little tickle in my throat so i smoked some nakhla lemon and af mint but not this is starting to get the makings of a cold and i have my first order form CH/HJ coming on tuesday with some really nice stuff (3X250 af: cola, mint, golden grape, SB blue myst, citrus myst, and cola for a friend, 4 boxes of nat coals 1 of those for my friend, and some 50 grams of layalian key lime, nakhla earl gray and AF orange)

gar i did really good this semester, this is the first year in probably 4+ years i didnt get sick until this late in the year

-matt
don't let it stop you from smoking! I am getting over the flu, had a temp of 101.6 and stuffy nose etc, but I still smoked a bowl each day
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Divine
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biloshambles View Post
don't let it stop you from smoking! I am getting over the flu, had a temp of 101.6 and stuffy nose etc, but I still smoked a bowl each day
I don't know dude, that may be a little excessive haha. I guess if you were up to it and had a good time though?! ; )

I smoked some Layalina Peach out of a phunnel with a not-so-clean glass mod (smoked like 4 times prior w/o cleaning it) and the day after my throat felt like trash. I use a KM Chiller + ice in the vase, so I use a lot of coal to produce a lot of smoke. Layalina for some reason wasn't burning until it was at really high temps. It's been a week since this happened and I still feel a little horse in the throat/nasal passage, it's kind of stopped me from smoking as of recently.. ;/

Last edited by Divine; December 8th, 2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:27 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

another thing i've heard of that works ((i heard from my friend a long time ago)) is to drink TON'S of water and curl up in a lot of blankets and comforters and just sweat it out. And i like to drink a lot of the Orange Vitamin Waters. i drank probably a gallon of that a day and it SEEMED to help me get over it sooner, with the extra vit. c and whatnot.

but i hate taking medicine... i just feel like when i do it makes my body weaker for the next time.
Old December 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

screw nightquil, took some generic i had still that is from when it was easier to get and it worked well at making my throat feel great for a while last night but after 3 hours i was up, probably got no more than 5 hours in last night between 11-8

i would take some plain psoudophed (how ever the freak its spelled) but that and my musinex i guess didnt make it in the move so ill have to figure that one out if this doesnt get better. soooo glad the semester is about over and i can get the motherly caring for a month but i hope i can kick this before sunday cause im supposed to take my brother to play paintball for the first time ( ironically im the little brother at 19 and hes the big brother at 31 but it all good still)

-matt
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:22 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

my way to get unsick is multivitamins and whiskey and plays video games in bed for a day or two and you should be good to go.
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:40 AM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

since everyone gave you good suggestions I'll tell you what does not work.
Don't fill your base with capicola, southwest ranch dip, or equal parts of mustard and relish.
Don't crumble medicines into you bowl with the tobacco.
Don't try to hold your hookah in your hands and levitate down the stairs.
Also don't go mountain biking with you hookah in your backpack and the hose in your mouth, it is not the same theory as a camel pak.
Don't ever mess with a Zohan , and don't ever watch that movie it will only make your symptoms worse.
And finally don't reward you recovery by hiring a prostitute from a questionable source because you might find yourself sick again. A high end distributor is every bit worth the money ask Spitzer.
Feel Better!

Last edited by RushN24; December 8th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by RushN24 View Post
And finally don't reward you recovery by hiring a prostitute from a questionable source because you might find yourself sick again. A high end distributor is every bit worth the money as Spitzer.
Feel Better!
You may end up with a discharge other than nasal then.

I always load up on the combo decongestant expectorant and take with liberal swigs of whiskey and vodka. The classic is whiskey, lemon juice, and honey. The honey makes it all coat as it goes down and the lemon juice kills bacteria and boosts vitamin C while the whiskey just pretty much kills everything it comes in contact with. Mix all that with Rooibos tea and you have a formidable yet tasty weapon. There is also zinc tablets and getting as much of the Sobe Blizzard you can stand to drink. It has all kinds of disease fighting ingredients.
Old December 8th, 2008, 11:59 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

i love RushN24's random bits of comedy in all the threads haha
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

I've been sick since Wednesday, so I feel for you man.
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:30 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
You may end up with a discharge other than nasal then.

I always load up on the combo decongestant expectorant and take with liberal swigs of whiskey and vodka. The classic is whiskey, lemon juice, and honey. The honey makes it all coat as it goes down and the lemon juice kills bacteria and boosts vitamin C while the whiskey just pretty much kills everything it comes in contact with. Mix all that with Rooibos tea and you have a formidable yet tasty weapon. There is also zinc tablets and getting as much of the Sobe Blizzard you can stand to drink. It has all kinds of disease fighting ingredients.
hmmm i have some flavored rooibos teas, but i only have a tiny bit of crow royal left, might try it tonight though.

gar the order came in early (it showed up at like 9 am today instead of tomorrow) and i really want to smoke but i i know i will not enjoy it at all being sick. im glad i got sick after i finished working on stuff for my art classes but of course i have 2 finals left still

-matt
Old December 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
RushN24
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
i love RushN24's random bits of comedy in all the threads haha
thanks CPill, feel free to let me know if it goes out of control, sometimes I get a little too silly.

P.S. Fezzik, that little discharge joke, disgustingly funny, LMAO, I wish I thought of that.

Last edited by RushN24; December 8th, 2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Props to Fezzik
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Sucks a fat one man, don't smoke too much and get a throat infection.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook