Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookah moochers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 11th, 2008, 02:55 AM
zoomjoo
Hookah Newbie

Default hookah moochers

have you guys ever had people mooch off you for your hookah? I live in a college dorm and smoke with about 10 different guys on my floor. Im friends with all of them, but, as you can imagine my tobacco and coals run out fast. only about 3 of the 10 guys contribute to replenishing my supplies. I proposed the idea of asking for money to one of the guys that never contributes and he got very defensive and said "you better not start charging us" I didnt have "charging" in mind but I would appreciate it if they voluntarily offered cash or supplies. Its a touchy issue b/c they dont expect to have to pay...Anyone have a problem like this before? if so, howd you fix it?
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:00 AM
MarshyTheKid
Hookah Nut

Default Re: hookah moochers

Put out a jar and say if you want to smoke, put in a buck or two.
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:06 AM
pharm
Hookah Nut

i smoke with my girlfriends dad...when we ran out of shisha and ch coals...he offered to buy some shisha and exotica coals...he really wanted to smoke so...id say when you run out ask if any would like to pitch in to get alot more...i did so and got help...but in your case...it would be worth a try
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:08 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

yeah i told them that they had to give some money if they wanted to keep smoking with me cause i did not have the money to keep paying for it but if they gave some money i would let them pick the flav they wanted, but my close friends would also have hookahs so we all bum off each other
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:49 AM
pharm
Hookah Nut

yea similar situation with me...girlfrends dad smokes out of my mya...he cant wait till i come over cuz i smoke the km with a phunnel and he cant do my rig alone...he helps buy stuff when we run out...pretty soon hes gona have to buy some coals cuz my 2 kilos of shisha is plenty but the CH qls are gone so now im using Ch nats....
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:26 AM
DaGreyEst
Hookah Nut

sometimes its not the worst thing that can happen. With my circumstances i am forced to smoke alone, as the only people in town that i know of that smoke hookah are my mployees and there is a strict no fraternization rule. i like to spread the wealth so i bring them samples and help them out when they are lacking either goods or knowledge but thats as far as i can take it. I actually had one of my servers call me at work with harshness problems it was pretty cool. but it can be kinda lonely
Old December 11th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Adam2uBer
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Adam2uBer Send a message via AIM to Adam2uBer Send a message via MSN to Adam2uBer Send a message via Yahoo to Adam2uBer Send a message via Skype™ to Adam2uBer

It's one thing to offer people to smoke and wanting money for it, which I believe is highly irrational. Yet it is also another thing for people that come over wanting to smoke and you wanting money, which is a more valid arguement.

If I offer to people and they are willing to pitch in for all the times they've smoked, I will gladly accept the offer. But it's quite BS when people have the audacity to say "you smoked all my stuff" when they've only paid partially for what was smoked and also smoke all the shisha from countless amounts of bowls prior. In the past year of smoking with friends and acquaintences, I've only had one person offer (out of 30+ people) and he pulled that move. There are also the people who come over to "hang out" and just end up smoking, sleeping, and eating all my food without asking or saying thank you. Those are the people I have no problem with telling off.

Outside of that lowsy group of associations I do have 2 other friends from a different group that have their own hookahs and we switch off with whose shisha gets smoked and whose coals are used. That is the company I truly enjoy. After all that time I've pretty much cast all the others out.
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:00 AM
pharm
Hookah Nut

true there are factors that arguable...im not that kind of person to make you pay...some frends do come and just smoke...but the ones i constantly smoke with take the initiative and offer help....smoking alone does really get lonely
Old December 11th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Ekove
Hookah Nut

Well, if your friends are really inconsiderate or not self conscious enough to realize they're mooching off you, you should go ahead and tell them, or simply put a jar to put money in if they wanna smoke. Just be honest, it might offend some of them, but they're using you with their careless actions.

The longer you hold up and not be honest about it the worse it'll get. You're not taking their money afterall.
Old December 11th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Hide your tobacco and coals, then when they all come over to smoke just set up an empty hookah and let them know you are out of supplies and dont have money to replenish and since they smoke too they need to pitch in to replenish supplies or they can buy stuff and bring their flavors when they come to smoke.
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:05 AM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Hide your tobacco and coals, then when they all come over to smoke just set up an empty hookah and let them know you are out of supplies and dont have money to replenish and since they smoke too they need to pitch in to replenish supplies or they can buy stuff and bring their flavors when they come to smoke.
nice! thats the way to do it
Old December 11th, 2008, 07:09 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

I have the same problem.

Few colleagues of mine started having smoking gatherings at a colleague's place. First time I went there I offered bringing my rig and stuff, they said it's OK we have more than enough. I only shared few puffs of a bowl..... Nothing much.

Next party I brought in my two rigs, lots of AF tobacco, and I had no problem letting them smoke my stuff. No one else brought anything, not even a single bag of bulk coals.

Then they hear I got some SB. SB is not sold here in Egypt and it is almost impossible to get since customs would not let tobacco in without massive taxes (700%) as well as lots of paperwork, tests and approvals.

Anyways, only way to get SB is with a friend coming here from the US, and that is what I did. They knew of it, they told me they wanted to "taste" it. So they set up a gathering, I go there, they smoke and waste my tobacco like there is no tomorrow. They dump bowls after like 15 minutes to get a "fresher taste" because "it got burnt". And guess what, they pick on me, make condescending humor and all their put-downs are targeted at me. F***ing a**holes.

Anyways, remember a can of SB is $20, which is EGP 110, which is VERY much money in Egypt. and costs 3 times as much as AF or 30 times as much as Nakhla. This is expensive tobacco and not to be treated like that, plus, it is not just how much it costs. AF is expensive and I did not mind sharing it because it is available here. SB isn't, I can only come by SB once a year or even less.

So, they want to set up another gathering, and some other people heard of the legendary SB and want to come to the gathering. And, when they talk about the gathering, it is for granted that I will come and bring my tobacco. Last gathering they consumed tobacco worth no less than $20.

I told them I am not coming until they pitch in money for the tobacco. Guess what the responses were? I was heckled, made fun of, called cheap. One of them even said "hey so what? is it the ONE bowl each of us smokes?". another said that the bowl doesn't cost even a dollar, would u be that petty?. Mind u, these persons smoked like 3-4 bowls, each was overpacked, and they know how much the tobacco cost.

So I just decided to bail out on these gatherings, and just smoke alone at home. Maybe invite my brother-in-law who is very busy and rarely comes to smoke with me, or when my sister and her husband visit ..... This is family and I don't mind, but moochers, not for me anymore !!
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

No cash no smoke! It's that easy.
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:18 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
No cash no smoke! It's that easy.
Exactly. This is what I am doing right now.

P.S: is that ur version of "no glove, no love"?
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
P.S: is that ur version of "no glove, no love"?
LOL No. I would be glad to share my hookah, but I smoke alone 99.5% of the time.
Old December 11th, 2008, 08:45 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i dont smoke outside for that reason partly, too many people wanting to take a hit, plus i dont trust all of them, and i dont really have tips to go around, so i stay indoors with a small cirlce of friends who pay me back when we go out

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:35 AM
hookah head
Hookah Nut

hella people try to mooch all my shisha to
i just tell them im out
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Egyptian I believe the guys here that give me recommendations on hookah lounges and stuff are coming your way. I am sure they would have chipped in and smoked with you. They are used to paying $10 to $12 for hookahs to smoke Al Fakher.
Old December 11th, 2008, 10:56 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

All my friends mooch...but I wouldn't finish a bowl anyway...so it would be wasting if I didnt let them smoke with me...
Old December 11th, 2008, 11:12 AM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

dood tell'em to put in 2 bucks a person which isn't alot of money so i don't see what the big deal is. You pay triple that at the bars so stand up and tell them this isn't cheap and i need some funds.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
All my friends mooch...but I wouldn't finish a bowl anyway...so it would be wasting if I didn't let them smoke with me...
I got a free Genie bowl from sahara smoke and it is perfect for personal smokes as it is plenty even for a small bowl

Mooching is huge at my school, I bought my hookah with the intention of sharing but it gets expensive as time goes on.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Do a half pack, that what i do when i know i have to go some where but i want to smoke. Only use one coal or half a quick lite. But its up to you.
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

i'd tell him he's a bum!

load some nasty herbal smoke and let him it or some AF :XXXX
Old December 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM
DeVille13
Hookah Newbie

yeah, i've had some experiences like those prior mentioned.
When i first bought my hookah, I didnt have a place to smoke.
so i would go over to a friends house, and of course he would smoke
also, along with the usual suspects, about 7 other guys and gals...
and as soons as the supplies were gone, i had none to smoke,
these people didnt offer any help on replenishing the goods.

so i bought more myself, and we would usually do about 4 bowls.
everyday, so what i did, i cut it down to 1 bowl a session...they would complain.
and i simply said, "dudes, i buy my supplies with my money, and seeing how i'm not filthy rich and cant buy supplies every day, so i have to manage em' wisely and accordingly." without question, before the shisha ran out, they went out and bought
some to pitch in.

its simple, just make your point, fast and easy, leave no room for questions.
Old December 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
Egyptian I believe the guys here that give me recommendations on hookah lounges and stuff are coming your way. I am sure they would have chipped in and smoked with you. They are used to paying $10 to $12 for hookahs to smoke Al Fakher.
I did not understand that?
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook