Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

amusing reactions from friends

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 17th, 2008, 10:03 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default amusing reactions from friends

so i took my hookah over to a friends house yesterday and we smoked some. i set up a bowl of blue mist and had it going well but kinda low heat to keep the flavor fully there then tried my first bowl of AF golden grape which was a pretty good smoke but i got it going real well and had nice thick smoke. my friends could barely take it even when the smoke started to thin out, not really sure why, it wasnt harsh or anything but any way.

what reactions and things happen that have amused people when yall have taken your rigs over to friends or had friends smoking.

o ya also when his mother came back she walked in and looked at us really weird for a min until i explained to her what was up and how it all worked and all, still kinda skeptical since it is still tobacco but ya, either way had no room really to say much since her son is 18 and all of us are adults

-matt
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM
jimmmmaaaa
Hookah Nut

Default Re: amusing reactions from friends

Well, I brought my hookah to a party last weekend, and got cocky and set it up to make massive clouds.. which included WAYYY too much heat. Once I finally got it smoking decently, a female friend expressed an interest in trying it. So, i took a hit, it was fine, passed it to her, her hit was fine.... and then she went for another one. On this second hit, a crapload of ash got sucked into the bowl, in addition to there being wayy too much heat, and created the harshest smoke ive never tasted. She was coughing for a solid 4 minutes, and was convinced she was going to puke it was that bad. I felt terrible, she refuses to ever smoke again.

And after posting that i just realized its not very amusing... whoops.
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:40 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

the only amusing thing for me is when people gawk at the size of my clouds. Since i'm a brass player and do many breathing exercises to help expand my lung capacity, muscle strength, etc., my regular breathing/smoking air has more volume than many of their FULL inhalations. gotta love that breathing gym
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:47 PM
southernshisha
Hookah Newbie

i took my little baby hookah over to a party and this girl said she did hookah all the time and she loved it and when i took out the little 18 inch hookah she said it was one of the bigger ones and everybody made fun of her

wow just like the guy above that wasnt funny
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:50 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

lol it's hard to convey funny memories over the internet. it's usually a "you had to be there" type of deal
Old December 17th, 2008, 10:55 PM
x_Odin_x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to x_Odin_x

Okay....so one time I took my beloved 31" Egyptian over to a friend's house, who had done hookah a few times...but this time I decided to mess with him. So I overloaded the bowl with straight up Pipe tobacco, not shisha, and overheated the b'jesus out of it.

I took the first hit, but only drawing from the mouth, like smoking an actual tobacco pipe. I passed it, and he was a little overzealous and took a big inhale...he ended up choking on it doubled over on the ground.

Kind of a mean prank I suppose, but it was funny.

Last edited by x_Odin_x; December 17th, 2008 at 10:59 PM.
Old December 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
the only amusing thing for me is when people gawk at the size of my clouds. Since i'm a brass player and do many breathing exercises to help expand my lung capacity, muscle strength, etc., my regular breathing/smoking air has more volume than many of their FULL inhalations. gotta love that breathing gym
same here, i have a breathing apparatus that i use to help train my lungs for playing tuba.
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Last night, we were smoking hookah at a little Mediterean restaurant. I cut my plastic hose protector so that it has maximum air flow. Well the girl across from me wanted to do the same, since she trusted my judgment on that kinda stuff. So I am blowing some nice clouds .. and she wanted to do the same. So she sucked on that hose HARD! her cheeks were caving in! and she produced the most pitiful smoke you ever saw. I mean seriously, it was barely vapor!? So she kept trying .. and finally I notice her tip is all jacked up, and the hole was the size of a pin the way she cut it (all mangled up) so we recut another tip and viola! she was blowing some decent smoke .. haha

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Ok so one night we were at Lizzie's and this one drunk guy kept asking us if we were smoking something illegal. He kept insisting that it looked like we were. I think it finally sunk in after about 10 explanations. Then these two girls came in and one of them was very friendly. She asked what we were smoking and we explained a little. She was just amazed and kept commenting on how relaxed we looked. She was dying to try it. I think she gave my wife her card so we could call her the next time we were going up there and we could double date and get some hookahs so she could see how to do it right. LOL.

My wife's co worker has joined us a few times. She aparrently she had a bit of a history with the illegal stuff and she kept hitting it like that was what she was smoking. Oddly she had never smoked anything else before. Still cracks me up to watch her smoke on it. She takes a huge hit off it and sucks it in deep then slowly releases it out of her nose until she kind of melts in this relaxed pile and the smoke comes out her nose and mouth at the same time. Looks like she gets unnattural enjoyment out of it.

We went to Aladdin's in Nashville and the place was getting packed. A couple that I think was a pro athelete and a cheerleader sat down next to us. We didn't talk a whole lot but it was interesting watching them interact. To our right were a bunch of local college boys. The college boys had taken to doing some sort of weird ritual where two of them would take a hit at the same time and then blow the smoke in each others face. The guy sitting on my left looked at them and laughed and said how gay is that. I kind of laughed and he looked at me. I was like yeah. Then I said it was about half a step away from a hookah kiss and he about lost it. Next thing I know the entire table of college boys had taken a hit and they all blew smoke at each other like some kind of toast. LOL. Needless to say we had fun.
Old December 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

UPS guy came by whilst i was smoking outside yesterday and sort of looked at me open mouthed and concerned. I just said "nothin shady goin on here" and he laughed and left.
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:26 PM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by necco View Post
UPS guy came by whilst i was smoking outside yesterday and sort of looked at me open mouthed and concerned. I just said "nothin shady goin on here" and he laughed and left.
that is the best comment you could have said! these stories are PRICELESS
Old December 19th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Bulldog_916
Hookah Newbie

I had a couple of lady friends over one time and I asked them before I packed my hookah "do you want to smoke something that produces low buzz or no buzz OR do you want something that's going to put you on the floor?" They almost unanimously said "Give us the floor buzz." So I packed up a bowl of Tangiers Horchata and sure enough, they took a few good deep hits off of it and the both of them had their heads in their hands on the table reeling from it. One of them was on the verge of passing out. I had to laugh a little and they said that next time they'll be a little less enthused about wanting a strong buzz.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook