Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Whats the strange fascination with...........

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 18th, 2008, 05:05 PM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Whats the strange fascination with...........

I enjoy the larger clouds, but i also don't complain if i have good flavor with out much smoke. The clouds are a lot of fun to play with and do tricks. That's part of my enjoyment of smoking.
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:06 PM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

Considering that one of the "examples" used in the original post was damn near a DIRECT quote from one of my posts, i will retort in an attempt to explain myself ((though the context of the quote was why the quote existed in the first place))

I'd also like to note that i understand/agree with Husky's post in general, and that I also feel like the premise has become a "fad", if you will, as of late.

I'll relate smoking to music, both of which being loves of mine and I'll be able to explain my thought process better.

huge clouds = volume of music
flavor of smoke = tone quality of music produced

When i play music, the MOST important thing is OBVIOUSLY the tone. Because when i'm playing my baritone, for example, if the TONE QUALITY is airy and sounds like fecal matter then i OBVIOUSLY don't want to play anymore, or practice so that it sounds beautiful instead, because what's the point of playing music if what's being played isn't musical?
BUT ((being primarily a marching musician)) if i can play LOUD and still maintain a beautiful tone quality and retain a high level of musicianship, why wouldn't I? Some music is beautiful AND LOUD, some music is beautiful AND SOFT. Music isn't beautiful BECAUSE it's loud, or soft. The volume is the vehicle that conveys the tone.

So why can't i also enjoy large volumes of smoke permitting that it doesn't taste like burnt crap?

But, to appease the members that have disdain for the flood of posts and threads about voluminous smoke, I won't mention it again.
Old December 18th, 2008, 06:20 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i just smoke to relax and enjoy the company around me as i hardly ever smoke by myself. so before taste and clouds its the company around me as i am picky about who i invite to smoke with me
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:02 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

So I guess by CPill's standards, smoke ring diameter times 10 must be how big your subwoofers are.
Old December 18th, 2008, 07:38 PM
nickster5001
Hookah Newbie

I dont' really think its a "fad". Freshman year me and my friends used to smoke hookah all the time and also enjoyed blowing out big puffs of smoke. We'd try our best to blow O's or even better an O thru another O. To do this you needed some decently thick smoke. I've been mostly off hookah for the last 3 years but i'm getting one for xmas and i expect i'll still enjoy trying to blow some thick O's. It's just prefernce. Some people enjoy manipulating large clouds out their mouth and are facinated by it. Others just enjoy the flavor in their mouth. Difference strokes. Maybe once i've mastered the O i'll just like the flavors in my mouth.
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:32 PM
QuakeHookah
Hookah Nut

its just like if there was no smoke coming out of the hookah, but you are still relaxed and you have the flavor whats the point? So the smoke is important, interesting, and fun.
Old December 18th, 2008, 08:41 PM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

smoke rings are SO 1943
Old December 18th, 2008, 09:59 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

personally i like both flavor and clouds, with flavor being more important. with al faker (as long as it is good and not chemically) i get good flavor and huge clouds. clouds are more so one of those perks and additional things i can enjoy but if the flavor is off i wont be happy.

now the weird thing is i can smoke pretty thick where as some of my friends cannot handle it so im not sure if really im over heating to get the clouds i am but it tastes good to me so what ever
-matt
Old December 18th, 2008, 10:45 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

i have to admit, i love getting huge clouds
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:53 AM
Bulldog_916
Hookah Newbie

I like taste as the utmost in my session. A good balance between clouds and taste is nice, which is why I smoke Tangiers and Nakhla, as well as AF. Starting to get into the more traditional brands as well. Picking up some Desi Murli soon, some Salloum, etc. Mastering Zaghloul first though. Almost have to pick up a whole new hookah just for the traditionals.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook