Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

my new hookah has the shisha taste when i use it but my old one has a...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 18th, 2008, 10:48 PM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

Default my new hookah has the shisha taste when i use it but my old one has a...

my new hookah has the shisha taste when i use it but my old one gives the shisha a burnt taste im thinking that its probably not clean?
thanks.
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:49 AM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

Default Re: my new hookah has the shisha taste when i use it but my old one has a..

I would think the hookah would have to be VERY dirty to do that to the flavor. Are you using a different bowl with the other hookah? Maybe a bowl that doesn't allow for as much space between the foil and the shisha? That can cause the burnt flavor because you may be burning your shisha.
Old December 19th, 2008, 01:52 AM
x_Odin_x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to x_Odin_x
Default Re: my new hookah has the shisha taste when i use it but my old one has a..

Yeah, different style bowls offer different quality of smoking, like switching from the standard clay to a phunnel bowl for example.
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:26 AM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

ok i found out that it was dirty as hell i used baking soda and hot water in the stem and green stuff came out and some black chunks.
Old December 20th, 2008, 11:41 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Yeah clean it..?
Old December 20th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Project Omega
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Project Omega Send a message via MSN to Project Omega Send a message via Skype™ to Project Omega
Post Re: my new hookah has the shisha taste when i use it but my old one has a..

I was wondering this very thing with my friend's Mya. He doesn't seem to have a problem with the taste, although I can always taste what feels/tastes like "burnt wood" on my tongue when ever I smoke from his hookah. At first I thought they were his pipes and I had just been spoiled from using my DIY hoses (which make for nice smoke).

He said he washed it often, but I'm going to have to bring over my brushes and chemicals. My chemicals essentially are a baking soda solution and concentrated lemon juice :P By boiling regular lemon juice to evaporate some of the water you can effectively lower the pH of liquid so it can clean better (at least imo). Using it in conjunction with the baking soda solution (water + baking soda) gets that fizzing action you normally get when mixing acidic and basic solutions together and it works for me to loosen the gunk from the crevices the brushes can't reach. Then just run warm water to clear it out and if you like you can run the baking soda solution once to remove the citrus smell if you would prefer, then just run some warm water again to clean it out.

Hopefully that's the problem and not his hose, otherwise we're gonna have to take a trip to Home Depot to make him a new hose

Last edited by Project Omega; December 20th, 2008 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Chemistry Fail. LOL; acids are lower in pH, not higher...
Old December 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

When i was new to hookah i would rarely scrub my bowl out, and there would be burnt black stuff on the top rim of the bowl which would sometimes make it taste crappy. the top of a bowl, if it isn't glossed will be naturally black after a while of smoking, but any residual gunk on there that you can scrub off should surely come off before you smoke. What i do to make that black gunk just not get there in the first place, is after i set up a bowl i take a paper towel and wipe off all the glycerine and molasses off the top rim of the bowl so it won't accumulate, i guess that's what happens when you're just charring all the shisha juice right up against the coal and foil.
Old December 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
hookah head
Hookah Nut

clean it with lemon juice
Old December 20th, 2008, 05:58 PM
ShishaBubbly
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaganoush123 View Post
ok i found out that it was dirty as hell i used baking soda and hot water in the stem and green stuff came out and some black chunks.
Yeah, I was also going to say "baking soda".My (father Born 1924) told me that they used it to scour, deoderant, toothpaste,yeah baking.I use it a lot on cleaning hookah, all the above, but my teeth are still yellow.If you live long enough all this stuff happens to us all.
Old December 20th, 2008, 11:24 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Wash your hose... the hose holds 70% of flavors... also at southsmoke.com there is a cleaner called Cleaner ***... I use it in my hookah bar works like a charm. Make sure you get all the water out of your hose or it will rust unless it is a washable kind.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook