Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Ice Chamber

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 7th, 2007, 07:05 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Ice Chamber

Home made, store bought it dont matter what kind. Do you think they make a difference over simply puting ice in the vase and chilling your hose? Personally I found that chilling my hose makes a huge difference over an unchilled hose and ice cubes in the vase. What do you guys think? Anyone ever use an ice chamber?

Billy
Old September 7th, 2007, 10:57 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Ice Chamber

I only smoked once with a chamber at a friends friend and didnt notice any change. I wouldnt spent money on something that makes a such a small difference or nothing at all. The best to do IMO is to put chilled water (denser, so filters better and less air passes = thicker whiter smoke) and clilled hose ( for cold flavourful hits)
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:19 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Ice chambers for me don't really seem to make a difference. If its a hot day, I get a bucket, get some freezer bags fill them with ice and put the base inside the bucket with the ice bags around the base. Chilling the hose is always a Plus and Ice in the base is a must. I have found that using crushed ice and less water versus more water and ice cubes, using crushed ice works alot better, or perhaps a combination a both, kind of a mid-point.
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM
rowland
Hookah Newbie

If you put dry ice in the chamber it would make a huge difference. however dont EVER put it in the vase. Dry ice would make you sick if not worse and certainly destroy your vase.
Old September 7th, 2007, 03:32 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

very little difference. Xerxes had one, it didnt make much of a difference. If you wanted a truly cold smoke, clean out the hookah and put it in the freezer for ten minutes. Take the bugger out and fill the ice chamber with shaved ice. Gave you a truly cool smoke that way. Just with the ice chamber, you didn't really notice a difference.
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:09 PM
Das_messiah
Hookah Newbie

the next hookah I buy will have an ice chamber.

But for now, I wrap the base with those ice packs like for keeping your cooler cold or to put on an injury. then wrapping it in a towel for insulation to keep the cold in. works wonderfull
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:17 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I tried Doing that with the ice packs but in a backet and i didnt see a big improovment.
I never put ice in the vase. instead i always have ice cold water to use instead. i fill the vase and put it in the fridge 1st( not really a difference here, just a habbit) and leave it there until i prepare the bowl and everything else.
The best thing to do for ice-cold hits is to put your hose in the fridge. (not in the freezer, last time i did i had a soarthroat the next day)
As i said an icechamber is not somethind i'd pay extra for...
Old October 25th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Guess i'm the odd man out here but i've noticed a huge benefit to using an ice chamber. A pal of mine has a 35" Syrian with an ice chamber and it condenses the smoke and makes it more flavourful. I personally own a Khalel Mamoun ice chamber I got from www.SphinxHookah.com and I've got to say it is fantastic.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook