Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

kiwi bowls

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default kiwi bowls

Hello everyone. I jus watched sambookas video on how to make a kiwi bowl and decided to try it out ealrier today. I gotta say it was a challange but it was pretty damn cool. It's kinda hard to maintain a good temp with out making the bowl harsh but it did spit out some thick smoke when I dropped a second coal on it. Has anyone else tried this? And sambooka do you have any tips that weren't covered in the video?
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:32 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Default Re: kiwi bowls

I attempted at using an apple when my hookah dropped at a party and the bowl cracked in half. But i couldnt get it to smoke well at all, either the bowl was too big, or it was too moist and cold inside to kee the tobacco warm...idk, didnt work well with an apple for me. I was drunk too so that could have altered my results...
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:46 PM
Hookah Newbie

haha what flavor were u trying to use? I got some nice apples so I might try to make a bowl tomorrow. Did u have a windcover? I was having a hard time getting smoke without one but it was cool after I put the cover on. Haha boredom=fruit bowl experiments
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Hookah Nut

I do apples all the time and windcovers are key. . . doesn't last as long but it adds great flavor. . .i usually use AF DA when i use an apple bowl DELICIOUS!
Old December 22nd, 2008, 05:59 PM
Hookah Master
Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

When ever i use AF i do a apple bowl, it actually makes the bowl last for ages, once me and a few mates smoked for 6 hours on like 20-30 grams of shisha and it was great throughout.

I've done a pear, pinapple, apple, lemon and kiwi bowl and the easiest one to do i the apple and pear rest are too juicy and wet but still work great
Old December 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hookah Newbie

I've done tons of apples, pears, and lemon bowls. I don't usually do a kiwi bowl because it is generally more delicate and seem to warp if you're not careful. I also only cut off the top fourth of the fruit which makes it easier to work with in my opinion.
Old December 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
Hookah Nut

Making fruit bowls is fun, i'd imagine it definitely takes some practice before you can get a good functioning smoke out of it. I tried to make a vortex-like bowl with an apple before, the smoke wasn't too thick but i could really taste the apple, mostly because i was smoking with a shisha that has a very subtle taste itself (jewels double apple). A kiwi bowl sounds like it'd be very tricky to make, i'm gonna have to take a look at that video sambooka made now :P
Old December 22nd, 2008, 09:12 PM
Sambooka Jr.

You need to use a non-ripe fruit (in my opinion) .. cuz they are firmer! Also try a windcover with it, to build up the heat. You definitely need some head to get it going.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old December 22nd, 2008, 10:08 PM
Hookah Nut
Send a message via AIM to iamscott06

As stated above, Windcover is key! I've made a couple apple bowls in my day and when 'built' properly, they kick ass!

Here are a couple pics of what mine look like. This bowl was some AF Orange.

And here's a quick vid i made a while ago.
Old December 23rd, 2008, 10:57 PM
Hookah Nut

Apple bowls usually work for me. I just pack it with pharohs double apple and drop 3 coals on and its fulllll of flavor. funny story: set up and apple bowl at a party and after i scraped the tobacco out into the trash can and forgot the throw the apple away and 5 min later i saw this drunk guy eatin it haha.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook