Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla disappointment turned good!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 24th, 2008, 05:01 AM
ImalimHookahMan
Hookah Newbie

Default Nakhla disappointment turned good!

I bought some Nakhla Double Apple 250g, it was nasty. Dry, not very well packaged, smoked horrible, smelled of Grandma. Seriously, don't buy it. Its a waste of cash, buy a couple 50gs of AF instead.

With that being said though, I did make it something tolerable, maybe even good. I added a little bit over a tablespoon of orange honey, and about 20ml of water, and mixed it up (all this after taking out 20 stems or so). Packed it super loose in the bowl and used one segment of a Japanese coal, with orange-mango juice in the reservoir.

The first hit of it made a lot of smoke for nakhla. Then the orange and the apple sort of fused together and it went for longer than I expected to. I was pissed off so my expectations went a lot either, but it turned out alright.

I think dryness is either caused by dehydration or lack of molasses or honey, and it seems that adding molasses or honey is what saved it. The 250g had a leak in the packaging when I bought it so... yeah. Maybe water would work for dehydrated shisha.

Overall I pleased how it turned out though.

What methods do you guys use to convert shit shisha to tolerable stuff?
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:05 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Default Re: Nakhla disappointment turned good!

Glad to hear that things worked out for ya :P

BTW, just use only glycerin and honey lol.

IDK...Couldn't water lead to mildew growing in the shisha if it is stored in there for too long? Who knows?
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:12 AM
ImalimHookahMan
Hookah Newbie

Mildew! I didn't sign up for that. My thinking is that it would just mix with the honey and whatever else Nakhla puts in there stuff and be OK. I keep it out in the garage where its a cold.

Even if it does turn into crap, I have some AF sex on the beach that's unopened.

Mildew... gross.
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:16 AM
TheHookah.com
Vendor

Nakhla is a dry tobacco. Many people do not seem to know that. It is not supposed to be juicy at all. It is dry and sticky, that's about it. Though many hookah smokers do not like Nakhla, I think it is one of the most consistent brands out there and has surely been around much longer than all the other brands which exist today. I know many old-school smokers who do not smoke anything but Nakhla (usually Double Apple). It's a classic in my book.
Old December 24th, 2008, 05:42 AM
ImalimHookahMan
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHookah.com View Post
Nakhla is a dry tobacco. Many people do not seem to know that. It is not supposed to be juicy at all. It is dry and sticky, that's about it. Though many hookah smokers do not like Nakhla, I think it is one of the most consistent brands out there and has surely been around much longer than all the other brands which exist today. I know many old-school smokers who do not smoke anything but Nakhla (usually Double Apple). It's a classic in my book.
Didn't know that! Thanks for your experience. (not being sarcastic, really)
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Migas3007
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Migas3007

Quote:
Okay,
so, Nakhla, is dry tobacco, and is unwashed right? meaning, that it's not as "safe" as other types of shisha.
Does Nakhla give off a lot of smoke? I think I read somewhere on this thread that it doesn't.... is that true?
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:09 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migas3007 View Post
Okay,
so, Nakhla, is dry tobacco, and is unwashed right? meaning, that it's not as "safe" as other types of shisha.
Does Nakhla give off a lot of smoke? I think I read somewhere on this thread that it doesn't.... is that true?
Well, its not necessarily "safe"...It just has more nicotine...Meaning that if buzzes really get ya..then this stuff will be pretty heavy!

If you manage your heat management well, Nakhla can give off some amazing smoke...Just as long as you don't burn the tobacco. Also if you pack it right, Nakhla can be amazing!

I used to HATE Nakhla when I first started out. But then...I learned how to pack my bowls better and Nakhla became pretty good.

The Double Apple is pretty good (its pretty much licorice...Its a complicated flav) Haha and that means a lot since I HATE licorice! Its one of those smokes that are good from time to time.

I also like the Mandarin! Its really realistic and strong.
Old December 24th, 2008, 12:22 PM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Well, its not necessarily "safe"...It just has more nicotine...Meaning that if buzzes really get ya..then this stuff will be pretty heavy!

If you manage your heat management well, Nakhla can give off some amazing smoke...Just as long as you don't burn the tobacco. Also if you pack it right, Nakhla can be amazing!

I used to HATE Nakhla when I first started out. But then...I learned how to pack my bowls better and Nakhla became pretty good.

The Double Apple is pretty good (its pretty much licorice...Its a complicated flav) Haha and that means a lot since I HATE licorice! Its one of those smokes that are good from time to time.

I also like the Mandarin! Its really realistic and strong.
Yes Jilly is absolutely correct. I found that with Nakhla Two Apples, if you put too much heat on this particular flavour, it will taste very very bad and get harsh FAST. Don't be foolish and opt for big clouds over the flavour. This only means a spent bowl with awful taste. Don't get me wrong, I love big clouds but always put flavour first and then comes the clouds. But the bottom line is if you pack it well and manage the heat well, you can get some crazy smoke with Nakhla. I don't believe it will give you that density like Starbuzz/Al Fakher but I've gotten pretty decent smoke with it. By any chance do you use a windcover? That can help out a great deal
Old December 24th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Make sure you are buying fresh boxes of Nakhla. If it doesn't give to slight squeezing then put it back. I get great sessions in excess of 2 hours with Nakhla using my KM/phunnel setup and clouds as good as any other. Nakhla is a learning experience, learn the heat and you'll be rewarded. My favorite brand. Love the cut, flavors, consistency and price.
Old December 24th, 2008, 02:36 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

thats a shame u don't like it cause it is my favorite brand just had some chocomint and loved it
Old December 24th, 2008, 03:56 PM
ArtemK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ArtemK

Alright, I am not going to read beyond the first post! Nakhla is ALWAYS packaged well, has rather pleasant small taste and texture (unless you burn it really badly)... If the Naklah you bought isn't good, then it is probably a fake. Nakla is the most commonly counterfeited shisha! Especialy in the UK... I have expierienced buying fake Naklah when I was in UK, and it wasnt a good expierience... Maybe your just unlucky and bought a bad package, or maybe you ought a fake one... Any way, Nakhla DA always was great with me...
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Migas3007
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Migas3007

Okay okay, Nakhla = awesome taste and BIG buzz!
clouds of smoke....not so big, but you may get some big ones!
Correct?
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
southernshisha
Hookah Newbie

nakhla is my favorite brand but everyone who said to know the heat is correct cause it does burn easy and tastes like shit
Old December 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migas3007 View Post
Okay okay, Nakhla = awesome taste and BIG buzz!
clouds of smoke....not so big, but you may get some big ones!
Correct?
Yup Yup

And the flavor and PRICE is amazing!

$5-$7 of amazing smoke and flavor? Nothing beats that! lol

Its the best stuff for the price. Don't let the price fool you...It really is good
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:26 PM
ArtemK
Hookah Newbie

I use one layer of regular foil with holes, a 0.5cm foil ring on it, then another layer of foil with holes. On top i put 2 three kings quicklights... that gives me 3 hours of AMAZING flavour and "Fxxk Off Clouds"...
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:37 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

My nakhla two apple is gooey as heck... and it clouds great too. I actually don't have much dry nakhla, most of it is pretty gooey and very sticky.
Old December 24th, 2008, 06:59 PM
ArtemK
Hookah Newbie

I guess ImalimHookahMan just got an expired/bad/fake pack of Naklah, cause it is know to be very good and reliable brand... Feel sorry... Wouldn't want that to happen to me...
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

it had to have dried out and gotten bad. nakhla is dry but it can give some good smoke (and if you can manage heat well you can get huge clouds, not as thick/milky as AF but pretty good none the less)

good to hear it worked out, now im thinking about all the different types of honey there are and wonder how they would all taste in shisha, makes me want to figure out how to make good shisha from scratch

-matt
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:36 PM
prince of hooka
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Nakhla DA is defenatley a classic
________
Wendie 99

Last edited by prince of hooka; April 22nd, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:38 PM
ImalimHookahMan
Hookah Newbie

I don't know what the hell was wrong with the package that I got. Usually Nakhla 250gs come in boxes, but mine came in a glass dish/jar thing. It was shrink wrapped and between the shrink wrapping and the glass was some juices from the shisha. The lid is solid but annoying to get off and on. It was probably dropped and the lid came off and was never put back on right.

I've tried the apricot and the orange flavors that Nakhla puts out and loved them. Infact the apricot was the first I purchased. I hated it at first, like someone said, but then when I learned to pack it right and use the coals correctly it was insanely good. I'd still prefer AF or Waha, but it didn't suck. I think because It was in a box rather than the glass.

Heres a couple of pics...

Old December 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

If you decide to add honey or glycerine,make sure the glycerine is of the edible kind.And for Matt check this out http://www.thehookahlounge.org/how-t...ur-own-shisha/
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:13 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
If you decide to add honey or glycerine,make sure the glycerine is of the edible kind.And for Matt check this out http://www.thehookahlounge.org/how-t...ur-own-shisha/
o ya thanks, i had seen that before but forgot about that. have you tried that by chance?
-matt
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:46 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImalimHookahMan View Post
I don't know what the hell was wrong with the package that I got. Usually Nakhla 250gs come in boxes, but mine came in a glass dish/jar thing. It was shrink wrapped and between the shrink wrapping and the glass was some juices from the shisha. The lid is solid but annoying to get off and on. It was probably dropped and the lid came off and was never put back on right.

I've tried the apricot and the orange flavors that Nakhla puts out and loved them. Infact the apricot was the first I purchased. I hated it at first, like someone said, but then when I learned to pack it right and use the coals correctly it was insanely good. I'd still prefer AF or Waha, but it didn't suck. I think because It was in a box rather than the glass.
That is weird. The jars they come in are usually the most moist compared to the boxes.

yup, you got a genuine Nakhla flavor. It seems that only certain flavors from Nakhla come in jars. I'm guessing only the ones that are higher in demand.

Did you mix it up well? I've noticed that with these jars, the juices fall to the bottom really fast. Or, perhaps your jar really did have a leak or it is old.

Don't give up on Nakhla! lol
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:57 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

no I haven't. but i think I'll try it in the new year if I can find the glycerine. been looking for awhile.somebody told me the otherday to try a bulk food store.
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM
ImalimHookahMan
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
That is weird. The jars they come in are usually the most moist compared to the boxes.

yup, you got a genuine Nakhla flavor. It seems that only certain flavors from Nakhla come in jars. I'm guessing only the ones that are higher in demand.

Did you mix it up well? I've noticed that with these jars, the juices fall to the bottom really fast. Or, perhaps your jar really did have a leak or it is old.

Don't give up on Nakhla! lol
Oh Im never going to give up on it! It was my first smoke, probably going to be my last. People here have defiantly gave me a new respect for it. Im smokin that stuff right now and its great!

Merry Christmas to everyone by the way.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook