Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Packing The Perfect Bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old December 25th, 2008, 04:45 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Packing The Perfect Bowl

Hello everyone, secretsquirrel from Toronto, Canada. Does anyone know how to "pack the perfect bowl" for a "perfect smoke?" Let me explain. I've been smoking hookah now for several years after discovering it during one fo my many travels to the Middle East with the Canadian military. So while there I bought several high quality hookahs and all the related supplies. I have managed since that date to have some fairly good smokes here at home, but I still haven't been able to recreate the "perfect smoke" that all the cafes in the Middle East seem to serve up so easily. I strongly beleive it is all in the packing of the bowl. I don't imagine the water level makes to much of a difference provided the bottom is underneath 1-2 inches of water and I only use high quality tobacco and coals (natural lemonwood). In the Middle East they will typically only put 3-4 small coals (and I mean small) on the top of the bowl and it will last easily 30 minutes. The smoke is thick and NEVER harsh with no after taste. Whenever I do it, I try not to pack the bowl to tight, but it seems I still end up with quite a bit of wet tobacco left over in the bowl near the bottom. If I use too little tobacco I can't generate enough smoke. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions. Has anyone seen a "Hookah cafe preparer" in the Middle East prepare/stuff the bowl. During a recent visit to the UAE I asked a Hotel waiter who prepared Hookahs to show me his method and he literally pressed and compressed the tobbaco around the inner rim of the bowl only. He did not lightly stuff/pack the tobabbo throughout the bowl. Suggestions. Thank you.
Old December 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to FusionX
Default Re: Packing The Perfect Bowl

i think its from the Shisha. U ask em what brand he was smokin?
Favorite Tobacco:
Tangiers - Pear, Orange Soda
Nakhla - Double Apple
Old December 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master
Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

here's the official HP sanctioned set up video for ya' squirrel.hope this helps.if your still having problems let us know we'll work w/ya'!
Hopefully, the guy in this vid. knows what he's doing!
Old December 25th, 2008, 08:41 PM
Hookah Newbie

I think its all about using the same type of tabacco and coals, then finding the correct ratios/methods/systems to optimize your session. Its like learning a new subject in school every time your change out your tobacco for a different flavor or coal type. It might get boring, but all I could get for a while was Nakhla apricot, and now I can make it the best smoke ever.

Its all about finding your own rhythm with things, much like other skills.

Good luck to you and your quest. Someday I will smoke in the mid east and see what the hell your talking about this "perfect smoke".
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook