Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Exotica's Like Cracker Jacks never know what the prize inside is!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 28th, 2008, 12:37 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Exotica's Like Cracker Jacks never know what the prize inside is!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Dear God. I can't believe people still use these.

Coco Coals FTW. Doesn't even matter what brand, they all kick ass!
Apparently, you haven't tried the Starlight coconut coals.lol
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:40 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I like those.

You Shut yo' Mouth! (David Bowie).
Old December 28th, 2008, 12:51 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
I like those.

You Shut yo' Mouth! (David Bowie).
that's 'cuz your a ''little china girl''!
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowtoy View Post
Well this is over to me im nolonger going to use these coals weather my life depends on it or not. Ive been told if there is no quality controll sticker in the lid there not his coals. Well the ones he sent me arnt his cause there is no sticker even though these are the boxes he sent me after the last incodent and now Gaberial is personally atacking me off sight through e-mail when all i wanted to do is inform him of a problem in his coals and the same with the public so no one became ILL. To all this is over and no need to carry on the choice is obvious. To all smoke at your own risk and good luck.

Travis
These sort of reports surprise me because i've used literally a mountain of Exoticas (OK, a foothill) and my friends have used several times as many over the past couple of years and I've never had an issue with Exoticas. Yet clearly something is wrong here. Honestly, if I had as much bad luck with a brand as Travis i'd avoid it like the plague.

As to Gabe I admit to being conflicted. My very limited personal dealings have been very positive yet attacking Travis the way he has is simply wrong. A vendor should thank a customer for pointing out problems with his product and fix the problem. Abusing someone the way Gabe has makes me want to avoid buying his products.

In all truthfulness a lot of great coals are on the market: Coconaras,
Zoghal Ghalebs, Starlight & Al Awa'el all make fantastic products and they don't publicly abuse people that get stuck with defective products.
Old December 28th, 2008, 02:17 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowtoy View Post
Well this is over to me im nolonger going to use these coals weather my life depends on it or not. Ive been told if there is no quality controll sticker in the lid there not his coals. Well the ones he sent me arnt his cause there is no sticker even though these are the boxes he sent me after the last incodent and now Gaberial is personally atacking me off sight through e-mail when all i wanted to do is inform him of a problem in his coals and the same with the public so no one became ILL. To all this is over and no need to carry on the choice is obvious. To all smoke at your own risk and good luck.

Travis
WOW im suprised about the abuse, maybe you could upload a section of the email he sent you, to prove what kind of person he is, and if this is true, i will be surely not using exotica's again, casue it would be the same abuse i would get if i had a defective lot and reported it
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:02 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

Im not going to post the fore mentioned e-mail due to ethics on my part but gabrial did send me a new e-mail moments ago that i will post witch may put some at ease about there coals. I dont know what to say at this point and dont want to down some one for there product and there changes for the better I do see a good point in his e-mail where stated that I DID NOT RECIVE the the inspected coals so im sure if I had by whats explained in this attached e-mail the new coals after the certain date that they would be the best coals he could make but until then imunsure about things like back stock and situations where a vender may be sitting on old stock and would he (exotica) be willing to work with thoes who recive thoes. Till some time passes im not going to jump on that bus i post things like this not to slander but to informe and im going to stand my ground firm take it as you will and im going to leave it at that.

E_MAIL SENT BY EXOTICA IMPORTS

[FONT=Arial]Thanks for the email. As stated before and I will again, I do not know what coals are out there at the moment other than what I sell now. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]"All the coals leaving Exotic Imports USA as of Nov 15, 2008 are all gone through massive extensive quality control and all coals are guarenteed. In order of knowing what is new and old, the new coals have quality control stickers in the the inside flaps of the kg boxes. After past issues and customer feedback, we have implemented many safetly and quality control steps and we have resolved all issues and concerns that have been presented to us in the past 2 years. We have researched and resolved all the potential issues with straining and compression as well as mixing and drying process. All issues have been resolved and there are no reasoning why any exoticas leaving our warehouse will have any faults as of Nov 15, 2008. The straining process elimiates any particles in the coals due to mining and moving from Syria to China to USA. The binder is mixed more evenly than b4 to eliminate white spots or softened areas in the coals. All the coals are to 100% specs and get tested 10x by the time it is in our hands in USA. All coals have no taste, no smell, last longer than ever and do not break or shatter as all issues that caused the following have been resolved."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I hope you can post the above comments in your thread on the forum. That is what we have to say and we are standing 100% behind our products on all coals manufactered after Nov 15, 2008 and have the stickers. Hope this answers your questions and feel free to reply. Please post my paragraph if your kind enough on the forum as a statement from us.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thanks again buddy and sorry for the issue. But thanks to you, we implemented some of the straining processes as you were the only one that informed us of the issue in the past. Thanks again for your support and hope we can gain your business back one day. I assure you once the new coals hit the markets near you, you will understand and try us again[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Thanks again[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Gabriel[/FONT]

Last edited by 1lowtoy; December 28th, 2008 at 07:04 PM. Reason: he= exotica Im not trying to make it personal
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

Okay I read it. I honestly do not see where he "threatened" you like you said. it looks to me he's just explaining the quality control.

IDK...Well they had to be old batches since I recall the other issue you had was wayyy before november 15

Hope everything works out. But for me, I still love these coals and that sucks you had to go through this sorta thing
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:50 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Okay I read it. I honestly do not see where he "threatened" you like you said. it looks to me he's just explaining the quality control.

IDK...Well they had to be old batches since I recall the other issue you had was wayyy before november 15

Hope everything works out. But for me, I still love these coals and that sucks you had to go through this sorta thing
well i gotta say. my heart was pounding a little because of all the negativity towards exoticas (i just ordered a kilo). :\

But, you're super faith in exoticas makes me feel a a whole lot better. lol. i will confidently try them and give a review later on. woot woot

Last edited by gigdarling25; December 28th, 2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old December 28th, 2008, 07:57 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post

the "threat" was in another email the OP received earlier to what he sent, the posted email was just received

-matt
Old December 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

He didnt post the threatening e-mails because of his own personal ethics. Re-read his post prior to the e-mail post and it should clear it up, theres 2 e-mails. I was threatened and publicly bashed by Gabe when I called out his product, I am not surprised he is still threatening his customers.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:33 PM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

who cares there 8 bucks.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Never had a problem and I've used 8 kilos or more.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaganoush123 View Post
who cares there 8 bucks.
Its your health, besides I would rather give my money to someone who gives a shit about his customers and not belittle them and bullshit them.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaganoush123 View Post
who cares there 8 bucks.
Rolands are cheap too, you should try them!
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

Jilly it was in another e-mail i chose not to post it cause it wasnt it public domain and i do respect that. It wasnt that threatning though more telling me about my lack of intelligence in a field. Im done commenting on this if any one has questions ill take them on a personal level hit me up on a pm if you would like to ask any questions for some reason. Im still not going to give any info on our conversations due to them being on a personal level and were meant to be kept that way. this was once again meant to be more of a public service announcement to pay attention to what you smoke you only get one life and i intend to be here as long as possiable thats why even when i smoked i used to stuff my own cigs that way i could controll my own concumption. I even look over my shisha well i have found hair in it weather from my enviroment or the process of manufacturing and removed particles and was happy but with coals you cant brake them down to put them back together and that why i have concern ive even crushed quicklights, japs, and natural qubes apart just to see what was inside. I have experiance in the field of the use of carbon (charcoal) and binders in a way and thats why i check things i have had some weired things come in a 55 galon drum of pure carbon powder and thats why i check things. Even in lump charcoal to be ballmilled to powder ive seen odd things mainly metalic objects but have found some weired items none the less.
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:41 PM
broken_eko
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
I beleive that some form of gelatin is used as a bonding agent to hold things together, and because gelatin is an organic matter, it would certainly allowfor the growth of mold.
[FONT=Century Gothic]
I'm no expert, but I think the heat used to light the coals would destroy any mold in them. Thy need moisture to live and produce their spores and such. A good 3-5 minutes (or however long it takes to light Exoticas) should be more than enough heat to kill them.

According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC) mold needs a good amount of moisture to survive. (Where are molds found[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic])

The CDC also says that the spores can survive conditions that mold can't so your best bet, if you really do think it's mold, is to throw it away. There's nothing for the spores to stick to outside of the organic matter they grew from (What are molds[/FONT])

[FONT=Century Gothic]Better safe than hospitalized! [/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]
[/FONT]
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:49 PM
broken_eko
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_eko View Post
[FONT=Century Gothic]
I'm no expert...[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]BTW, the CDC are experts Better luck with your coals next time!![/FONT]
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook