Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

actually had a good lounge experience

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 27th, 2008, 02:10 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default actually had a good lounge experience

tonight went out for sushi with the wife, need to get out with all of the family happenings like holidays and our new edition. we finished sushi early and headed to anaheim and smoked at dreamz cafe. in anaheim there are a bunch of lounges and they're usually not my style for many reasons, mainly being that i can make i own hookah whenever i want at home the way i like it, but, sometimes you need to get out so it was a very enjoyable atmosphere, both arabic and american music, crowd was early 20's, a bit younger than me but still was really nice. i may have to do this once in awhile just to get out.
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:47 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: actually had a good lounge experience

I have been wanting to hit a good lounge for a while now. Sadly most of the hookah specific lounges have been converting more to a club atmosphere rather than a smoking lounge as of late in Boston. I have my eyes et on Stanza Dei Sigari. it's a cigar focused lounge (which is beautiful for me and my buddies) but they have a hookah room too with a cool selection of hookahs and an ok selection of tobacco. Their drink list is awesome and their setting is pretty astounding. lots of cigar memorabilia. I am waiting for some friends to save up some money after the holiday season and then we are making a night of it.
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:50 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

mmmmm....sushi....!Good to see you gettin out johnny.Mixing w/the young folk you old fart! (oh wait! we're the same age.LOL)
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:36 AM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

i went to edgewater tonight in new jersey. i went to this place along the hudson river which shows all of NYC from across the water. It was spectacular. Then we dined on a yacht on the river having somw "saki" (spelling) and some fried squid legs. MMMMmm good. Thinkin about taking some lucky girl to this place. Will post photos. Very panoramic
Old December 28th, 2008, 06:39 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
mmmmm....sushi....!Good to see you gettin out johnny.Mixing w/the young folk you old fart! (oh wait! we're the same age.LOL)
lol ..
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:55 AM
babaganoush123
Hookah Nut

hey ******* hookah what ethnicity are you?
Old December 28th, 2008, 03:02 PM
ArtemK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to ArtemK

ha, right now I live in kiev, ukraine , and one thing is, that hookah here is THE THING in every decnt bar and every club has hookah on theyr menu, and there are planty hookah bars that have green tea, arabic foods and spices, and all other things that go great with hooka, so for me it is no problem at all to spend an amazing hookah evening, with everything you might need thought with the world srisis, right ow its cheaper to uy yout own hookah, then to go smoke hookah 3 times in a hookah-lounge....
Old December 28th, 2008, 03:06 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

lebanese, and no joking, babaganoush is one of my fav dishes
Old December 28th, 2008, 03:08 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

I normally don't go to hookah bars for the smoke, but for the atmosphere. There is a vendor who supplies all of houston that has a very small bar around the corner from me. It almost feels like going to a friend's house and hanging out in the game room. Pretty good food too, and he blends his own shisha.
Old December 28th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Activehookah
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Activehookah

yeah dreamz is pretty cool man love the service i went there once with some friends and i would like to go back soon
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It's great to hear positive stuff about shisha cafes since the news is so overwhelmingly negative or at least it seems that way. When I ran a lounge I had to play popular type music but it would be great to see a lounge that plays traditional Arabic music. Even here the local places play crap like Leila K. But in the end, if the owner knows his stuff and the customers are cool it works out.
Old January 5th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

We have a restaurant that has traditional hookahs and we like them most. Mainly because they will talk with us and let us control the heat and coals and what not. The absolute worst experience was a Cigar bar that had hookahs and it was terrible. Great atmosphere terrible experience. Best Arabic food Tarboosh no doubt. Lizzy's is the best all round food but Tarboosh has a fairly nice Arabic menu. Aladdin's is nice but basically just has bar food. Decent nachos but not the best quality just good flavor. Tarboosh and Aladdin's have bulk coals one uses mesquite the other uses Hickory I think. Both woods actually give a slight flavor to the smoke but generally it is a pleasant addition. However, the heat management as with most bulk coals sucks and they won't give you tongs or anything like that. They also both use these cheap Open chamber hookahs that purge horribly. Blow all you want and you can't clear the bad smoke out. Lizzy's is the best all around but my wife loves the others for their coals not for the heat management but for the flavor when it actually is right.

We haven't been to a hookah lounge since I got mine but I imagine at some point we will point the truck towards Nashville and hit Tarboosh for a nice lamb sandwich and some hookah with a great view of downtown.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook