Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

MYA's kinda suck at purging?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 31st, 2008, 01:49 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: MYA's kinda suck at purging?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joytron View Post
no i mean i get in "theory" what is a purge valve but the only time you might need to use it is if you have a large vase and only take hits every few minutes. But other than that if it is a small mya just breathe in the smoke. The purge factor is the most overreated part when you are judging the quality of a hookah
No you are not getting the theory at all. When we say stale burnt taste we don't mean its smoke that just sits in the base for a few minutes. The reason we like this feature is because if you begin to burn the shisha, which will happen to most people who know how to manage their hookah, and you catch it before its ruined (good smokers know how to do that) then you use the purge valve to get rid of the bad smoke and get some good smoke in. Otherwise you have to smoke through the bad smoke, and you get to add that burnt taste to the flavor of your hose and that burnt taste will also mix in your water. It is far more enjoyable to skip that sensation by using a purge valve.

My wife's 13" astro in magenta still purges quite well, and I taught her when to purge it, its base is small and I'm getting her to smoke that instead of her parliament menthols...she doesn't just let the smoke sit...

(btw i have a review of that coming up i filmed it, just have to put it together)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:51 AM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyIsJustKidding View Post
Eh I'd just say get it if you are planning to get a MYA.

I know that KMs smoke superbly compared to many other brands, but at the end of the day, a hookah is a hookah. Meaning they will smoke just like its supposed to if everything is set up right.

Heh I have a Mya hookah myself and its great. The only bad thing is the purge.

But, I'm sure that this mod will help

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8030
this is true, but after having my MYA and looking back I would buy a KM or Nour as they seem to be easier to clean - taste's linger in my MYA because the down stem is very pourous and the heart is very open and not perfectly polished making it extremely hard to clean. The purging issue is solved by taking a small airsoft BB and replacing the metal ball bearing, great mod!
Old December 31st, 2008, 01:02 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i am to lazy to read through the whole thread but 2 easy fixes,

-put a smalls tray into the inside of the purge valve and run it down part way on the down stem (above water level) and tie it in so it doesnt fall off. purge fixed

or

-just learn good heat management, i never have to purge when i smoke any more... and as you smoke you will get used to thick smoke, i can smoke uber thick milky clouds that some of my friends cough on, not harsh just lot of smoke

-matt
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:06 PM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehourlater View Post
this is true, but after having my MYA and looking back I would buy a KM or Nour as they seem to be easier to clean - taste's linger in my MYA because the down stem is very pourous and the heart is very open and not perfectly polished making it extremely hard to clean. The purging issue is solved by taking a small airsoft BB and replacing the metal ball bearing, great mod!
The mod listed there is my straw mod.....the only thing that the bb mod changes is the amount of pressure needed to purge a given volume. My mod changes the point of the pressure vent so that it is set up to vent the vase properly.
Old December 31st, 2008, 04:40 PM
Migas3007
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Migas3007

wow! thanks a lot guys for all of these tips and pointers and all the info you're sharing with us! Appreciate it mucho!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook