Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Ugh, buying shisha is ridiculous.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 31st, 2008, 07:52 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Ugh, buying shisha is ridiculous.

All I want is a 100 of Fumari Melon, a 100 of Epic Peppermint, and a 50 of AF Chocolate, and maybe a 100 of Sb Watermelon.

This is not possible to make all on one order, and shipping, at the lowest, will be 13.00 combined.

1) I can order everything but the Epic from TheHookah or MN, but that's kind of the whole point of the order.
2) I can order the Epic and the Fumari and the SB but no AF from Texashookah - the catch is shipping is 10 bucks.

I don't want to pay 10 dollar shipping for most of my choices, that's a tad ridiculous, they also take 2 days to ship.

Why can't there be all of the brand in one place? Sheesh.
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:59 PM
xavier
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Ugh, buying shisha is ridiculous.

Hookah-Shisha.com has most of those except for the Epic, as for shipping don't know it does get rediculous that some brands are everywhere and others are harder to find good luck though.
Old December 31st, 2008, 08:44 PM
Divine
Hookah Nut

I feel the same exact way. There -needs- to be a bigger shisha warehouse type website that we can order from. $5 shipping on all items no matter what it is may be the 'magic number', because I personally find it very hard to spend $10-$13 on shipping for a few hundred grams of tobacco. Is this honestly too much to ask for? Not to mention it's practically impossible to buy Tangiers products without paying a ton on shipping.
Old December 31st, 2008, 11:42 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

all i do is try to wait and save to make a order worth while on the flat rate shipping ill usually order at leat $100 worth of shisha at a time or allot of coals. in the long run you save quite a bit.
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:27 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
I feel the same exact way. There -needs- to be a bigger shisha warehouse type website that we can order from. $5 shipping on all items no matter what it is may be the 'magic number', because I personally find it very hard to spend $10-$13 on shipping for a few hundred grams of tobacco. Is this honestly too much to ask for?
The only problem with your idea is that some brands sell faster than others. Some brands would sit and collect dust while others would fly out the door. I think that's why some brands are found on every vendors site and some are on very few. I would rather buy my tobacco from a vendor that carries a handful of brands and know that it's fresh than some Wal-Mart of shisha.

As for shipping, good luck on $5 shipping on all items. One of the things I despise most is low prices for products and a huge shipping charge.
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:48 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
The only problem with your idea is that some brands sell faster than others. Some brands would sit and collect dust while others would fly out the door. I think that's why some brands are found on every vendors site and some are on very few. I would rather buy my tobacco from a vendor that carries a handful of brands and know that it's fresh than some Wal-Mart of shisha.

As for shipping, good luck on $5 shipping on all items. One of the things I despise most is low prices for products and a huge shipping charge.
soooooo true.

the way large warehouses can lose track of age is horrid, as an example, most of the paintball paint from walmart is 6+months old some times pushing 2 years when paintballs need to be used with in 3 months tops from date of manufacture or they can settle out and not fly straight, get hard and not break, or get brittle and break to easily, or just get soggy.

i wouldnt want to see how old of shisha you would get from a huge ware house type thing like that, we already are getting 3-6 month old shisha some times from the larger vendors.

-matt
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:16 PM
x_Odin_x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to x_Odin_x

From my encounters with hookah-shisha, the going shipping rate is $7.50 if I'm not mistaken
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:23 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_Odin_x View Post
From my encounters with hookah-shisha, the going shipping rate is $7.50 if I'm not mistaken
uhh, no, they go by weight with UPS, ive paid up to 30 bucks shipping from them.

its safe to say 7-10% more on your order about from HS

-matt
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:25 PM
Volkswagens782
Hookah Newbie

It's 9.50 from hookah-shisha to washington
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:27 PM
Volkswagens782
Hookah Newbie

just kidding, your right. I just checked and all my orders have been differently priced on the shipping. my bad
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

Don't feel so bad, I just bought some nakhla (5-250gms) on line @$5.00 a piece and shipping was $22.00, although its still cheaper than locally @$19.00 for a 100 gm box.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:35 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volkswagens782 View Post
just kidding, your right. I just checked and all my orders have been differently priced on the shipping. my bad
its CH that does flat rate shipping you may have been thinking of

-matt
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:22 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

h-s does have the free2ship coupon code floating around still as well
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:36 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by necco View Post
h-s does have the free2ship coupon code floating around still as well
but they only allow one coupon and the 15% discount with the forum is almost always more off, gota be cheap
-matt
Old January 1st, 2009, 08:33 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

you guys have to look at the positive side of things. I have never been to a store with as much selection as some of the online vendors we have here at HP. Also, many of you (I would say us but I'm not included in this one) live in the boonies and/or have to drive pretty far to take a chance on some store you found in the hone book hoping they have fresh shisha with a selection. and like dunk mentioned it's hard to stock up on a ton of flavs when some sell and some don't. also, these gdam shisha companies make too many flavors sometimes, like sb with 80 flavors. why buy sb "apple" when you can get af apple for half the price. it's not that much better. on the other hand sb's citrus mist and blue mist sell like hotcakes so i am always having to get those. ok, i'm going off a tangent here...
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:30 AM
hukkadude
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine View Post
I feel the same exact way. There -needs- to be a bigger shisha warehouse type website that we can order from. $5 shipping on all items no matter what it is may be the 'magic number', because I personally find it very hard to spend $10-$13 on shipping for a few hundred grams of tobacco. Is this honestly too much to ask for? Not to mention it's practically impossible to buy Tangiers products without paying a ton on shipping.
I never pay shipping for shisha because I am in oregon and we have the hookah store. He delivers in person and doesn't even charge for shipping. The only catch on free shipping is that we have to wait a little longer since he doesn't stock shisha in the local warehouse.

Since you are in oregon, give les a call and tell him what you want and he will probably get it for you and deliver free.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

What I always wonder is how come it's so cheap when I ship shisha, but it's so damn expensive when i buy it online!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:57 PM
Hooksta
Hookah Nut

I agree, it would be awesome if there was one place to buy just shisha and another to buy just coals, and shipping would be free. I would always buy from them. The closest place I know of is ******* hookah or hookah john (Same person), he has one of the best selections.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:44 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

This is why I save up and bulk order or try to hit "free shipping" sales. I like to try strange brands, often ones many vendors don't carry. So I've given into the "hit or miss" purchase, I just try to keep it down to 2-3 vedors max... but I'll buy 60-200$ worth of stuff at a time (normally once to 3 times a year - that's what TAX RETURNS are for - lol)
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:56 PM
HookahFiend
Hookah Nut

hookahkings.com has all of the above flavors
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
uhh, no, they go by weight with UPS, ive paid up to 30 bucks shipping from them.

its safe to say 7-10% more on your order about from HS

-matt
Then adjusted by distance. I pay less for shipping from H-S then any other since i live 3 hours away. And is always next day delivery even with UPS ground.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
dwicker21
Hookah Nut

with the elite members discount, shipping is basically free when your order is large enough, so the answer is quite simple.... go orange
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:10 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
Then adjusted by distance. I pay less for shipping from H-S then any other since i live 3 hours away. And is always next day delivery even with UPS ground.
o right, forgot about that, for shipping to VA its about 7-10% and takes 3-5 days give or take
-matt
Old January 16th, 2009, 02:47 PM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Did not know they had a Al Fakher Chocolate...interesting
Old January 16th, 2009, 07:12 PM
UXK
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to UXK Send a message via Yahoo to UXK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
soooooo true.

the way large warehouses can lose track of age is horrid, as an example, most of the paintball paint from walmart is 6+months old some times pushing 2 years when paintballs need to be used with in 3 months tops from date of manufacture or they can settle out and not fly straight, get hard and not break, or get brittle and break to easily, or just get soggy.

-matt
thats why it was nice to be sponsored by ******* or draxxus for most of the time ive played. :P

i think it would be possible to a so-to-speak 'wal-mart' of shisha but shipping would take longer for the less popular brand. since like most distributors they would have to order in bulk at a time. stay stocked up on the most popular stuff and basically special order the hard to find stuff when demanded.

just my .02
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook