Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Giving much deserved thanks

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Giving much deserved thanks

As the old year disappears and the New Year is here, I feel the need to give thanks.

I want to thank all the members that have taken the time to get to know me and I consider my friends. Many of who I have traded with and got to try alot of different brands and flavors on a budget. There are many and I am grateful to have them.

I'd like to thank the vendors I bought from in the past year. The standouts being Nazar Hookah, South Smoke, Sahara Smoke, Hookah 1 and last but not least ******* Hookah. I would gladly do business with any and all of these vendors in the future.

I'd like to thank the vendors who were kind enough to sponsor contests, send hookups to Elite Members, etc. Very good of y'all.

Last, but certainly not least I want to thank my fellow Moderators. We are like family, enough said.

By all means please share with us what you are thankful for hookah related.
Old January 1st, 2009, 08:39 AM
tzighy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to tzighy
Default Re: Giving much deserved thanks

I'm thankful for the hookah my syrian friend brought as a gift, and i'm even more thankful for all the people that treated me nice. Thanks Dunkel, FBD, Samm, Jilly, The Egyptian, PCServe, Sykotik, Sambooka, ninemillimeter, abu ronin for all your advice and help. thanks also mr. bungle or huskysibe can't recall which one of you for being fair with my banning and also contacting me to tell me why and everything, it was something that impressed me in a good way. Hope i didn't forget anyone!

Last edited by Dunkel; January 1st, 2009 at 08:45 AM.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:20 PM
x_Odin_x
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to x_Odin_x

I'm rather new to the site, but even then, everytime I had a question it always seemed like Dunkel (especially), Zensilk, Photolinger, or even Sambooka himself had time enough to answer. Thank you Hookahpro community, you ladies/gentlemen are awesome.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:39 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

there's much to be thankful for when times are tough. And the past year has been tough on many of us w/regards to the economy and the many challenges facing the world today.As a single parent, I'm thankful for those who have been there to help and understand the difficulty of raising kids and I'm also thankful to my kids for keeping my on the straight and narrow.
As HP members we all have much to be thankful for. We have built and continue to build a thriving community comprised of great folks from different walks of life who all share a common interest in the ancient craft of narghille. I'm also thankful to the fine staff of HP for keeping this thing moving along smoothly and for our fearless leader Sambooka for putting his time, effort and resources into this pretty mess.
Some specific honors goto my friends dunkel,Hajo, mr. B, zen, kwiki, FBD,husky,al masri(TE), John, to name afew. And the rest of you for taking the time to contribute.Also a big thanx to all the vendors for there many contributions.
Our forum has grown impressively over the past year and hopefully 2009 will be a great year for HP and all its' members!

Last edited by abu ronin; January 1st, 2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:58 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Yep got to say this is the best forum i have ever been on, everyone is like family. Non of that crap like other forums, like bashing etc.
You can ask any question no matter how noobie or not or that has been answered in thousands of threads and you will still get people answering them
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:59 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

woww, awesome thread. i really appreciate how much i've learned about hookah from this forum. also, i made some good friends through this forum. Thanks Samb for making this happen, thanks members for helping me become who I am as a hookah smoker and vendor.
Old January 1st, 2009, 05:23 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I joined late last year, and wanted to thank all those that helped me out, all the vendors that gave this community great deals, John at HJ and Les @ THS, and HH/SH (i bought from these 3 most recently).

Thanks for watching the videos, thanks for the intro help, and for a place to show you that Nours are better than KMs .

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy

I think every one has said it all already but just want to let every one know I apricate it also and thanks to every one with great reviews, post, community and vendors are all awsome.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 01:11 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

I'm thankful for the community, and just the fact that someone would POST this shows the quality of a community that exists here.

thankful for:
video reviews
helpful moderators and other very intelligent members
natural coals
vendors
the invention of the hookah itself haha
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Ah great thread here! I am very grateful for all the friends I've made on here and for all the helpful tips given. Just to name a few of my peeps: Dunkel, Abu Ronin, John, Ahmad "Al Masri" (The Egyptian), Faisal (photolinger), Liszt (even though this knuckle head bashes on the almighty Nakhla), DaGreyEst, Mahir (NazarHookah), Diego (dmcwebd), the KING Sambooka, and the list goes on and on and on. You guys have been great to this Syrian man since day one. Huge thanks to the Moderators here and everyone who has shed some light on me through this past year. Dunkel for instance kept me up and smoking I don't know how many times because I was low on tobacco and he'd send out sample after sample to keep me running (I smoke like a train, what can I say? ) Much appreciation for that and you WILL be greatly rewarded soon my friend . I think I've said it once before...this is the only place where I've met so many Arabs and no one is fighting LMFAO. Best wishes to you all, and above everything else, there is a mighty fine reason why this forum is by far the best!

"The Phenom"

- Mohamed
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:52 AM
esisomsun
Hookah Pro

im thankful to still have my job, w/o it i'd have nothing...
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:05 AM
ninemillimeter
Hookah Nut

you guys are my buddies. im thankful for a place to go get nerdy with hookah so my wife doesnt punch me for constantly talking about it. "all those hoses look the same to me!" says the wife "BUT THIS ONE IS WASHABLE!!!" says me.

thanks guys for everything- sambooka, huskysibe, dunkel, mr. bungle, esisomsun, cpill, highlight, the egyptian, abu ronin, FBD, zensilk, photolinger, fezzik (where has our teddy bear full of questions gone?) big john at ch, sixpacksunday, jilly, kwikwi, liszt, churlz, everyone at sahara smoke, and everyone else i forgot in my shout out list.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I give thanks to all my friends - both online (HP and a few other places) and real world. Those people who have made this last year tolerable and enjoyable, dispite all the hardships. Who helped me when I needed it and allowed me to return the favor and help them when they did.

I'm thankfull I'm still breathing (in many ways & reasons).

I'm thankfull I have my job - which allows me to keep all I own and pay visit to the many vendors for make my hobbie what it is. It also lets me keep my home, which lets me keep close to my friends and my husband.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:17 PM
vegloo
Hookah Nut

I would like to thank Dunkel for helping me out when i really needed it, John at CH and Mahir at Nazar Hookah for their great prices and for helping me out, i would also like to thank Sahara Smoke Company for being so nice and sending me some samples to review, and of course the HP community, Sambooka and the mods. I hope i didn't miss anyone. Thanks guys!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:45 PM
onehourlater
Hookah Nut

Thanks to everyone, esp. the elite mem's your reviews and general knowlage has made my hookah experience very good! Vendor shout outs go to my boy Les from thehookahstore.com - only purchase and it was a good one!
Old January 3rd, 2009, 01:50 AM
Bulldog_916
Hookah Newbie

I'd like to thank the forums for all the awesome information they've given me. I'd like to thank Hajo for all the cool stories about the tradition of hookah. I'd also like to thank Eric of Tangiers and MDL (Matt) of Tangiers for continuing to make awesome shisha at a great price putting all the love into it. Hookah Company for being my go-to vendor for all my hookah-related needs. Most of all, thankful to have my job and my family. If you aint happy with what you got, you arent likely to be happy with what you want.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 04:59 AM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

Dunkel,

Truly excellent! A stroke of genius to start such a thread as we move into the new year!

I have been around HookahPro for quite a while now, and I see a strong progressive trend for amazingness!

I learned a lot here, and I still am....I feel that there is so much to learn out there from one another, and this is one thing I believe we all do here; learn from one another. I am very thankful that we have members on this forum who are so willing to teach/learn/offer advice.

Not only that....friendships occur here! We definitely share at least ONE thing in common...HOOKAH. It brings us all together as one, much like a family. I would like to make a shout out...but the list would be far too long! So my shout out goes to EVERYONE!

The moderators and admin on this forum keep this place nice and tidy for us all so we don't have to deal with anything completely and utterly useless, I appreciate that, and am thankful.

I also am thankful for all of the support that I receive, both as an individual and a vendor. I love all the reviews I receive, and cherish each and everyone of them. You all are my go-to, as I may be some of you all's go-to as well.

I am honored to be in such a place

Have a Happy New Year!
-Mahir
Nazar Hookah
Old January 3rd, 2009, 07:40 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I am thankful for not only the hookah community that samb has graciously built and poured his sweat and blood into, but the people here. Who have been through so much but yet still try to make it here to let us know they are still with us.

I am thankful to the awesome vendors who contribute to the forum via give-aways and awesome deals, to which we owe many thanks and reviews

Thanks to the mods and members for making this a fun yet interesting place to visit while spend the countless hours of silence and calm at work to pass the time.

I'm thankful that I am still here. Here being of this world. Many things happen and usually each day is taken for granted while anticpating whatever events await us in the future. Haven't been able to stop and smell the roses in a while, but hope to make sure I do this... If not at least once on October 31st! (My future wedding date).

I'm thankful that I have friends and family and a network of support here, without any of them or you, i think i'd be lost.

And finally to my hookahs, the old and the new. May the many restful smokes bless the future w/ many more smokes to come.

Happy new years guys.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

Im thankful for helpful members, those that ive traded with, and discussions ranging from politcs, to hookah, to other lighthearted subjects. Ill definatly be sticking around here for a long time to come.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 09:55 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

I tried to think of anything to add to what has already been said and came up with nothing. Except that even with those I butted heads with over issues and topics I have nothing but the greatest respect for this community and the members here, including the vendors. So being thankful for everything here that has kept me logged into HookahPro more than on line gaming. And believe me that's a lot!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook