Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

September forum contest outide US

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 8th, 2007, 11:09 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default September forum contest outide US

I cosnider my self an active member of this community and i just re-read the rules of the contest and says that
" * Winner must be able to provide a valid US mailing address (no PO Boxes) to which the prize will be sent."
Thats a bit cz i live outsite the US and i guess its the same as many others here so..

could we get a chance?

I understand that it about shipping costs but i'd have no problem paying shiping myself i won the prize

Everybody who agree pls post here
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:47 AM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Default Re: September forum contest is unfair.

you could just have it sent to a friend in the us who will turn around and send it to you.
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:56 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

If you are willing to pay the shipping cost I don't think they will have a problem shipping it. They just don't want to eat in addition to the lost of stock the shipping cost out of country since we all know it isn't cheap.
Old September 8th, 2007, 12:09 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Markeba, thats a nice idea but i have no freinds in THe US so it would be easier and cheaper in total.
It would be shipped 2 times so it would be cost more. I dont find anything bad in shipping directly abroad if the winner pays for the extra costs.
Old September 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC
Markeba, thats a nice idea but i have no freinds in THe US so it would be easier and cheaper in total.
It would be shipped 2 times so it would be cost more. I dont find anything bad in shipping directly abroad if the winner pays for the extra costs.
technically, they cover the first shipping cost (right?) . Then you'd cover the second.
Old September 8th, 2007, 12:36 PM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

im sure PYH wont have a problem with it
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:32 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

I don't think the contest is unfair at all. There have to be at least SOME restrictions. There are contests all the time that render some people who would like to participate unable to do so. I live in California, and anytime I try and enter one of the Guinness beer contests or giveaways, I am summarily rejected because of the stupid rules in my goddamn state. Is it unfair? Absolutely, but that's the way it goes. I'm assuming you live in a relatively civilized part of the world, but what if the winner ended up living in the furthest reaches of, I don't know, Greenland? Would it be fair for PYH to pay eight billion dollars to get the prize out there? I think not.

That being said, being you are offering to front the cost of shipping, I'm sure Bilal would be willing to make an exception, assuming you win of course.
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:39 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Well seeing as it would be illegal to send it to you as you are underage, you are already not eligible. Sorry to point this out, but if you're going to whine about being from another country and not being eligible, you have no leg to stand on anyhow.
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Kind of harsh to come into someones house and call thier rules unfair on items donated graciously by a vendor. How about having some respect to our host and the vendor and contact them via PM and ask to pay the shipping if you win rather than whine about it publicly. Geez you mention free stuff and people lose their manners.
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:45 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
Well seeing as it would be illegal to send it to you as you are underage, you are already not eligible. Sorry to point this out, but if you're going to whine about being from another country and not being eligible, you have no leg to stand on anyhow.
Well, there you go.
Old September 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioannisds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
Well, there you go.
Correct, even though the smoking age in you country may differ than that of the US, the contest has to follow US rules since the forum owner and vendor are both located in the US.
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:10 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I dont think that there is a problem with the underage thingy (I ve received tobacco many times w/o any problems at the customs because i live at my parents house and the address is on his name), unless its just that they dont want to give me the prize in case i win. but the topic does not only concern me, there are many foreign members that post frequently here so  it would be a problem.
I am really sorry if it sounded like an insult to the mods and PYH i ll edit my post to make it more "decent"
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:13 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC
I dont think that there is a problem with the underage thingy, unless its just that they dont want to give me the prize in case i win.
Why on earth would they just not want to give YOU the prize if you won? I mean, c'mon man. It's not the world vs. shishaholic.
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:19 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: September forum contest outide US

I know and didnt mean it like that i dont know if thats how it sounded, i just said it but i find no reason for not being aligible for the price. Anw that hsa nothing to do with the topic. I' ll have a talk with Sam about it instead of doing this in public.
The topic is about everybody outside the US who wants to participate in the contest.
It was not my intention to start a topic like this that will likely end in a "fight". Really sorry about it. Lets keep the topic where it started, pls.
Old September 8th, 2007, 02:45 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

every contest has its restrictions. not only for legal ages for xxx contest but any other fees which come into play. if he where to ship it and customs didnt like it for some reason and held it then you never get your prize and possibly complain. they could send it to you and then customs wants money for it for some reason. so who pays that. really its just a lot of small restrictions that could go bad and to make sure that nothing goes wrong some places are cut out.
Old September 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

As long as shipping is concerned there is no problem. I ' ve had some orders up to today and i know that its ok. The address is not on my name so there is no problem with that. Now about the forum rules, i already asked sambooka, so the thread should probably end here
Old September 8th, 2007, 05:54 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

As of right now, the rules and conditions stand. I will need to talk to Bilal (about this month's contest), but shipping, customs and everything else that comes along with shipping to another country is just to much of a wallet buster, on the vendor sponsoring the free contest giveaway.

This is a great community made up of lots of people from all over the world! What makes up our community is our passion for hookah ... what shouldn't make up our community is solely a desire for free hookah stuff. The contest was initially created as a way of rewarding members that put that extra effort into helping out via tips, tricks, comments, helpful advise, and positive nature within the community ... and especially to the members that have the desire to make this community a successful one, that they can call home and be proud to say that they help contribute to building it! - Just think how great it will be to look back on the community in a few years and see all the original people that really put in that extra effort to build up the community to what what we all know it has the potential to become

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

It's not that i only take part in here for free stuff, but am really into this one. I have my next door neighboor here, my best buddy (friends for 13 years^^ am 16) that we 've been smoking together for quite a bit now. 99.9% of the bowls i smoked it was with him. When he saw it it the forum( the hookah) all he said was wow. So if i get this one i 'll share it with him. I know it doesnt sound nice, giving your prize but its not really giving away, its sharing.
Thats why am into it,  Plus i love to help people.

EDIT : PYH if you carry Starbuzz hookah why dont you have them on your site?
Old September 8th, 2007, 07:50 PM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

I find this really disrespectful now....

I did kind of overlook this possibility...but really all I read in this thread coming from shishaholic is greed.

Smoke a bowl and relax...maybe PYH might consider....but like everyone is saying...shipping overseas is $$$ and also any customs....or any other fees associated with the FREE prize is a wallet buster like Sam said....

Old September 8th, 2007, 09:47 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

Well, as of right now, I feel completely uncomfortable with shipping any prize to a minor and that prize will be forfited from said minor and given to the next person. I'm sorry. Any vendor that sends you a prize could find himself in some hot water and possibly shut down due to the anti smoking laws in our country and many others.

Our rules state that you have to be the legal age of majority for your state in order to join in on the contest. I will stand behind those rules, because that is the law.

I personally, as a mod will not allow a minor to win the contest. You can promote and help the site but I do not want the site, or any stores being shut down for selling to / contributing to the delinquency of a minor. I hope you understand.

As for shipping out of the country, That should be up to each individual sponsor because they are losing money on the item/ and then shipping in the US. Let alone triple the shipping for overseas.

Hope I don't come out as rude, but seriously, this isn't about who we like the best, or screw anyone over instance, this is a CYA type of thing. Sorry dude.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I am really busy at the moment with the big homemade shisha & narghile fest I wrote about recently so I have had no time to do forum stuff.

Still, I see this thread and I am annoyed for the simple reason that the charity of PYH is for the good of this place as a community no one is in a position to state that his generosity is "unfair". This forum has some first rate people and is the best place to discuss our passion and build a community. Anyone that doesn't get that and is instead just looking for free stuff is someone that can't be an asset to this place.
Old September 8th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I just realized the minor age aspect here and I've got to say that I am totally opposed to minors being in this hobby. In part it's because it's illegal and frankly I don't want the whole "corruption of youth" angle being used as just another talking point for the tobacco prohibition lobby. I also don't think that 90% or more of modern youth have the rationality needed decide if they really want to consume tobacco and I don't think any minor has the ability to appreciate the artistry of this hobby which is a major attribute that when lacking makes the whole practice banal.

This whole thread is offensive and disruptive in my mind and I hope that it fades away soon.
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:02 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

look i just want to jump in a little bit...
this contest was set to bring people to this forum... for me i donít mind were you live.... as long as its not going to cost me up the a** for something that was free.. keep in mind that when a winner is named i must get a copy of an id to verify age... and probably a pic holding that ID to make sure is not just some one else id... hmmmm..... no that dosnt sound right maybe a copy of a birth certificate, a copy of your state/country laws on smoking... and.. have it notarized and signed by two people while holding a beer mug and smoking a cigarette, while you recite the national anthem, lol i can keep going and going this is fun...

listen all! be nice. make the forum about hookahs and smoking cuz why so we all smoke... to have fun and relax... so chill smoke and when a winner is named i will ship it out... except to Korea cuz its expensive there.... lol
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:48 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

I guess I should chime in with my personal view on this,

being a part of this community isn't about winning prizes. Don't be a post whore just to win prizes. I really don't care. I don't plan on ever winning anything here. This is a great community and I just like being able to post and learn. That alone is reward enough for me. If we get a laugh every once in a while, thats a bonus.
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:29 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

im a post whore normally, you should see my other account on a gaming site. in about a year i was in the top 10 posters. in 2 i was number 3. only people who beat me where one of the admins and the post bot hahaha. this contest just jump started me
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook