Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

September forum contest outide US

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 9th, 2007, 02:01 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Default Re: September forum contest outide US

Thanks. I just wanted to say that am not writing this in an angry manner but rather in disapointment
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner
I also don't think that 90% or more of modern youth have the rationality needed decide if they really want to consume tobacco and I don't think any minor has the ability to appreciate the artistry of this hobby which is a major attribute that when lacking makes the whole practice banal.
IMO Thats not true. And its Kind of discriminating, saying that young people cant appreciate (doesnt have the ability as you said) this hobby). I Believe that that is completetly wrong. There are many of us that enjoy this hobby and feel the way you feel about hookahs.Only if you knew me....

And about the greadyness... lets just say, not all of us work ,here.

The minor issue  was not a part of the thread, or to be discussed publicly. The thread was started for those who live outside the US.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:37 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Well, You were given an answer on that, and people voiced in there opinion on what they thought about the other issue raised. Personally I agree with everything that was said by Hajo. I highly disagree with providing you anything to enable you to do this. Regardless of the laws, Selling any tobacco product to a minor (under 18) Is illegal in the U.S. and can get you 1 year in jail. Doesn't matter if the recipient is outside the u.s. It means any minor under the age of 18.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:58 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I think he can respect , appreciate and enjoy hookah. Him going for examples sake (from 17.5 years to 18 years) doesn't make you respect it, appreciate and enjoy it. Only experiance and time can do that.

but I digress, That still doesn't take away from the other topic at hand.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

the fact of the matter is that these vendors are american vendors and have to follow american laws on tobacco sales. i dont have a problem with him smokin at that age, but the rules and laws are set and have to be followed. like it was mentioned above, the vendor could get into a lot of trouble sellin to a minor, even outside of the U.S.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:41 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Well, i ve have not experienced a problem with buying from american vendors cause my parents are ok with hookah ( smoke sometimes themselves) and everything is done uing his name. I believe if it was done with him representing  me, there would be no problem... Its not only about the contest am talking about but also vendor and shops here.
Thanks, i never though that i would draw so much atention(nor i wanted to) with this topic and i 'd like to thank everyone on that.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:51 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Well, You have to see it from there view point. If anything did happen he is response. The U.S. is very strict with there tobacco laws, if I give a minor one puff of a cig, its 1 year in jail. Regardless, it seems like they don't even care, just enjoy your time, and try and win, don't let this effect you. We are just stating opinions on the matter.
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Dont you have to be 18 to join this forum? Isnt that in the rules when signing up? Whether you purchase in your fathers name and he approves or not, its still illegal on his part. He cannot supply a minor, period.
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:42 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
Dont you have to be 18 to join this forum? Isnt that in the rules when signing up? Whether you purchase in your fathers name and he approves or not, its still illegal on his part. He cannot supply a minor, period.
technically, its not illegal even in the us. Aslong as you're smoking on your own property.

As far as joining the forums, yea you do have to be 18
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:45 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Technically, its not me buying it so there is no problem with that. As long as its someone adult, there is no problem at all with it.
The ventor is not supplying a minor, period (no desrespect here).
I spoke to Samb, about joining,  and  says its oK
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:11 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

We are not held responsible if a minor joins the forum. They are to follow their countries/ states anti smoking/ tobacco laws. Each country is different and there is no way we will ever 100% know who is who and what age they are and what their laws are. Even if there was an age thing on this site, people lie.

Each person has the responsibility to follow the rules and if they get into trouble by their government, hookahpro will not be held responsible or liable.

As for the vendors, I think it is wrong that you keep arguing your point. You are a minor and your father is helping you be delinquent. I dont' care that your father is, and it's whatever you two decide. I have no moral issue with this, and say hey whatever. I do on the other hand, have a problem with you sharing this information with everyone on this forum, and possibly the whole internet. If I were you, i'd get that information off the internet. Stranger things have happened.

DON'T TYPE THINGS YOU DON'T WANT ANYBODY ELSE TO SEE OR READ.

As for what you mentioned. If I were a vendor, I probably wouldn't send it without your fathers id and proof that he was the one buying it for himself to use. There is no way that i'd risk my business.

And there is a BIG problem with an adult buying it and a minor smoking it. It's STILL illegal. You may not understand that, but in america, if a convience store sells a person of smoking age a pack of cigs, and that person turns around and gives it to a minor. the convience store can still get into trouble if they knew that the person was buying for a minor. Which any vendor that has read this thread will now know........

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:31 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

I dont feel bad about my age and i hate lying. If an adult is buying something, no one can tell him not to.
Now about what happens afterwards, the vedor has no responibility as long its not used at the vendor's lougne . This is a fact i researched and i dont usually say things i dont know about unless am asking for help.
Anyway, i hate argueing, the thread was not suposed to be for the age but for people outside US.

Cheers, stefanos
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:38 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

www.wecard.org //// http://www.wecard.org/index.php?opti...3e2ab320581a9e

We Card Recommended Policies

Third-party sales a clerk may suspect an adult customer is purchasing tobacco products for a minor.
If you have reason to believe that an adult is buying tobacco for a
minor, the responsible thing to do is refuse the sale. In a number of states, the clerk and/or the buyer can receive stiff fines and even jail time when an adult purchases tobacco on behalf of a minor.

We card is one of the TOP carding programs/ companies, if not the number 1 that stores and police agencies work with.

I agree. this discussion is done.

Old September 9th, 2007, 01:44 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

cant find "Third-party sales" where is it
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:50 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishaholiC
Anyway, i hate argueing, the thread was not suposed to be for the age but for people outside US.

Cheers, stefanos
Well, if you truly hate arguing, why not just let this all go and contribute to the forum as you normally would. You are 100% on the defensive on this one (rightfully so), and the more attention you bring to your situation (meaning, each time you respond to a post), the less it helps your argument. Your living outside of the U.S. is one thing, but when you start talking about how you get around the laws/system where you reside, it does nothing to help your case, just makes you look more like a sneaky teenager smoking illegally. Following your argument, if I want to go out and buy a gun and let my 3 year-old daughter play with it, it is ok because I purchased the gun (I'm an adult), and to let my daughter play with it is my decision as a parent. Unfortunately, parents DO NOT have the final say where some laws are concerned (including tobacco), and whether they somehow circumvent the law or not to put tobacco products in their children's hands (that would be you) does not make the law null and void. No reputable vendor is going to put that hookah and tobacco in your hands after reading this thread, and it is partly because you just can't let it all go, and you keep digging yourself into a bigger hole each time you reply.

And I like how we are all arguing in this thread as if you had already won the contest, and we are just deciding how to handle the prize.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:04 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

This thread is no longer about the prize for me...

I ll give you my own source of information. http://slati.lungusa.org/reports/SLATI_06.pdf
I read most of it ,400 pages or so, and its an index with all laws on tobacco.
from what i read, only in one state i remember saying that its allowed (not forced) to deny sale of tobacco to an adult he suspects that it will be given to a major.
Anw KK please lock this thread
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:35 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
This thread is no longer about the prize for me...

I ll give you my own source of information. http://slati.lungusa.org/reports/SLATI_06.pdf
I read most of it ,400 pages or so, and its an index with all laws on tobacco.
from what i read, only in one state i remember saying that its allowed (not forced) to deny sale of tobacco to an adult he suspects that it will be given to a major.
Anw KK please lock this thread
Wait, so you're a 15 year-old living where? And you are interpreting the tobacco laws in the U.S. where myself and most of the other members reside? Come on shishaholic, we live here for God's sake. We know how the law works, and we are telling you, IT IS ILLEGAL FOR AND ADULT TO PURCHASE/GIVE TOBACCO PRODUCTS TO A MINOR. Read all you want, but like I said before, these rebuttals of yours are not doing you any favors.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:47 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

cmon, the way you say " a 15-year-old" sounds very insulting. Anw as i said the thread should be closed as its getting out of topic
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:05 PM
ioannisds
Deleted Per User Request

Quote:
cmon, the way you say " a 15-year-old" sounds very insulting. Anw as i said the thread should be closed as its getting out of topic
Why close the thread? It is relatively civil at this point, and this is something that begs discussion I think, especially considering this has something to do with the contest in question. I think you'd like the thread closed because it is slowly dwindling away any hope you had for getting around the rules of the contest. You reap what you sow... And I didn't mean to insult you at all, it was more of an "age is a good teacher" kind of comment. I hear where your coming from (I was there once, about 19 years ago), but that doesn't mean I can't think you are wrong.
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:10 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

The thread wont' be locked. Everyone is acting civil. There isn't any rules being broken.

As for the topic swaying, you played a major factor in the second topic cropping up. It has stayed on the two primary topics and it stays until it gets out of hand. If youdon't like what is being said please avert your eyes, stop posting and it will eventually die down.

Old September 9th, 2007, 03:32 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Just thought I would post this concerning tobacco sales and use by a minor AND an adult supplying a minor. It makes no difference whether he is on his own private property, he is in possesion of it and can be charged. You will notice there is a guideline for youths, adults supplying and the company selling it. These are state guidelines and states can be tougher than the posted guideline.

Youth in possession of tobacco:

1st offense: $25 fine plus 8 hours community service
2nd offense: $50 fine plus 16 hours community service
3rd offense and beyond: $100 fine plus 24 hours community service

Individuals providing tobacco to underage youth:

1st offense: $100 fine
2nd offense and beyond: $100-$500 fine

Corporations selling tobacco to underage youth:

1st offense: $25 fine
2nd offense: $100-$200 fine (if within 2 years of first conviction)
3rd offense: $250-$500 fine (if within 2 years of first conviction)
4th offense: $250-$500 fine (if within 5 years of first conviction)
5th offense: $1,000 to $5,000 fine (if within 5 years of first
conviction)
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:27 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

such a long topic over somthing so simple....
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:32 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

and it was going away until you brought it back

Old September 10th, 2007, 07:34 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Bilah made it go to 4 pages hehe Woot!
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:38 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

yeah i just had to bring it back because every time i read through it i almost die in laughter
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Its almost like a presidential debate.
Share with your friends on facebook