Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Cough

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 24th, 2009, 08:36 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Default Re: Hookah Cough

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlight View Post
Smoking messes up your lungs period. Can you tell? Probably not unless you're involved in athletic activity. When I smoke I really can feel it in the gym or when riding the day after (especially). I freakin smoked 2 bowls with a friend on saturday and felt plus heard a wheeze yesterday that I know is from smoking. That freaked me out, so I gotta say I'm gonna b smoking less. And hopefully get my fitness up.
um, idk what your doing to set up your rig or if you just have sensitive lungs but i smoke 2-3 bowls a day and dont have a cough or anything, i probably would be better off not smoking but what ever. the reason i cannot run far or do much athletic stuff is because i havent dont crap for a while, most athletic things i do are walking 4 blocks each way to 1 class and blowing glass (but thats more weight and endurance of weight than cardio)

but ya whats will all the necro posts lately
-matt
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:16 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Agreed... I'm sure smoking doesnt help me... I havent developed a cough from it. I have allergies so I cough from that. I'm not athletic at all and the farthest im running is to my car. lol.
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:26 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

I've developed a cough, but not entirely from smoking hookah. It's a combination of being sick and smoking. Gotta remember, you're putting some nasty stuff into your lungs, even if hookah smoke is a lot less harsh than a cigarette. Give the hookah a break for a few days.
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:57 AM
blowjustinup
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
-matt
Maybe it has something to do with the free shisha being given away for reviews that require you to have 50+ posts.. Idk, though.
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:19 PM
mr2guy
Hookah Nut

Nicotine paralizes the cilla in the airways, so even is hookah has less tar its still possible to get a cough because the cilla move mucous and particles back up to be expelled. If they don't work you cough it up.
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:21 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowjustinup View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the free shisha being given away for reviews that require you to have 50+ posts.. Idk, though.
that would make sense

-matt
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
um, idk what your doing to set up your rig or if you just have sensitive lungs but i smoke 2-3 bowls a day and dont have a cough or anything, i probably would be better off not smoking but what ever. the reason i cannot run far or do much athletic stuff is because i havent dont crap for a while, most athletic things i do are walking 4 blocks each way to 1 class and blowing glass (but thats more weight and endurance of weight than cardio)

-matt
Man, easy on the dissments! I did like 40 min of stair climber that day, and just sayin its much harder to workout after smoking, period. Smoking is smoking no matter how you put it, you're still getting shit into your lungs. 4 blocks of walking is all your activity? Keep smoking 3 bowl/day without staying in some kind of shape and l think you'll have trouble going much further...
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:35 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Man, easy on the dissments! I did like 40 min of stair climber that day, and just sayin its much harder to workout after smoking, period. Smoking is smoking no matter how you put it, you're still getting shit into your lungs. 4 blocks of walking is all your activity? Keep smoking 3 bowl/day without staying in some kind of shape and l think you'll have trouble going much further...
its wasnt really meant to be a harsh comment, the curse of text vs spoken word.

i walk around a lot, all my classes i am active in for the most part ( studio art classes so im walking all around a metal studio back and forth and glass blowing so its constant sit stand sit stand walk around back and forth etc)

i need to start working out but i just dont have the time right now and i am at least moving a decent amount compared to most peoples general day

-matt
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
jdeuel3868
Hookah Newbie

Yeah all smoking has irritants involved. Some people can stand more than others just like cig smokers some cough others dont. I hate the fact that an enjoyable act such as smoking is harmful, but it is what it is. The doctor one time told me that my blood sample had a higher about of RBC's than that of normal people to make up for oxygen loss caused by the long sessions of hookah. Not really any harm in uped RBC count, but food for thought.
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:07 PM
necco
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by floFSpro View Post
I LOVE HOOHAH!
As every male should
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:25 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Quote:
its wasnt really meant to be a harsh comment, the curse of text vs spoken word.

i walk around a lot, all my classes i am active in for the most part ( studio art classes so im walking all around a metal studio back and forth and glass blowing so its constant sit stand sit stand walk around back and forth etc)

i need to start working out but i just dont have the time right now and i am at least moving a decent amount compared to most peoples general day

-matt
That's cool, sometimes it is a curse. I just enjoy smoking and enjoy working out, so I gotta balance both. It's good that you stay active on the daily, maybe more important than going to the gym.
I just am stressing I hope we all take care of ourselves... while enjoying life.
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:55 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i hate running, i hate it so friggin much, but i have to do it at least 3 times a week. this week i'll end up running around 18 miles, already a third of the way done...and i hate it, and i hate the way my legs feel....and i cough my lungs out like crazy when im done, but shit, if i didnt run, id be like 20lbs heavier

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:39 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
That's cool, sometimes it is a curse. I just enjoy smoking and enjoy working out, so I gotta balance both. It's good that you stay active on the daily, maybe more important than going to the gym.
I just am stressing I hope we all take care of ourselves... while enjoying life.
ya, my prof for glass blowing said he only goes to the gym so he can lift/work heavy pieces of glass more easily, and i think it pays off for him cause he does some really nice large stuff... then again he also skates or used to at least (hes really messed up his knee so idk how much more he does)

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
i hate running, i hate it so friggin much, but i have to do it at least 3 times a week. this week i'll end up running around 18 miles, already a third of the way done...and i hate it, and i hate the way my legs feel....and i cough my lungs out like crazy when im done, but shit, if i didnt run, id be like 20lbs heavier
ya i cannot run just to run, i would run down the street and be dead but could go play paintball all weekend and not get winded (probably all the adrenaline) but just running also kills me knees. i got lucky in the weight department and lost 25 lbs when i stopped eating anything with gluten (found out i have celiac disease which basically make gluten a poison for my body).

-matt
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Renz
Hookah Newbie

if never felt that
but i do go the the gym very often
and smoke in moderation
Old February 26th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Knowdifference1
Hookah Newbie

The only time I ever had a cough after smoking hookah was the time me and my friend tried to see if it was possible to light a shisha bowl on fire...It was stupid and it is
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:12 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

mr2guy hit it on the money why there's a cough. Smoking irritates the cillia, they cause mucus to get the outside toxins out, and we cough to get the crap filled mucus out of our system. Be THANKFUL that you have a cough, it means your body is working lol. But since i started smoking, i've had constant mucus in the back of my throat and if i don't constantly hack it up, it will build up and FORCE me to cough.

as far as smoking vs physical activity, maybe it just affects everyone different. Some members here say that when they DON'T smoke they are much more apt to perform physical activity... but some members, myself included, don't notice any decrease. Bodies are unique, it happens lol.

Photolinger: Maybe you could try doing some lightweight strength training? I'm very overweight and am in the process of getting in shape and i can NOT run that much to get in shape cause 1. i physically can not do it, 2. too much running could destroy the joints in my legs cause of the stresses.
Having 1lb of LEAN muslce ((not heavy lifting muscle)) will burn 500 calories per day... so maybe hit some low weight strength training to burn the calories your goin for? It might even be less detrimental to your asthma. Just some food for thought
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:15 AM
Diz
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Diz Send a message via Skype™ to Diz

Well i have a hookah cough. I dont smoke cigs, so it has to be. Its probably cos i do some stupid stuff like used bbq charcoal once and i dont mind burning the tobacco abit. Its also probably got something todo with the humidity here which is close to 90%
Old February 27th, 2009, 10:45 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
mr2guy hit it on the money why there's a cough. Smoking irritates the cillia, they cause mucus to get the outside toxins out, and we cough to get the crap filled mucus out of our system. Be THANKFUL that you have a cough, it means your body is working lol. But since i started smoking, i've had constant mucus in the back of my throat and if i don't constantly hack it up, it will build up and FORCE me to cough.

as far as smoking vs physical activity, maybe it just affects everyone different. Some members here say that when they DON'T smoke they are much more apt to perform physical activity... but some members, myself included, don't notice any decrease. Bodies are unique, it happens lol.

Photolinger: Maybe you could try doing some lightweight strength training? I'm very overweight and am in the process of getting in shape and i can NOT run that much to get in shape cause 1. i physically can not do it, 2. too much running could destroy the joints in my legs cause of the stresses.
Having 1lb of LEAN muslce ((not heavy lifting muscle)) will burn 500 calories per day... so maybe hit some low weight strength training to burn the calories your goin for? It might even be less detrimental to your asthma. Just some food for thought
you should try swimming, its supposed to burn the most calories and be the lowest impact

-matt
Old March 7th, 2009, 02:51 AM
jayteen101
Hookah Newbie

i bought my first hookah a week ago and i love the only problem im having is i smoked it the first night i bought it and didnt cough at all and every thing went well the second day as well but now any time i smoke i cough my nuts up wats going on here am i doing sumthin wrong sum one please help
Old March 7th, 2009, 04:29 AM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

Probably scorching the tobacco. Is the tobacco touching the foil and burning?
Old March 7th, 2009, 03:50 PM
TheHookahStore
Vendor

I smoke 4 to 6 times a day simply because I have a hookah that lives next to my desk in my office and the hookah is going most of the time. I always inhale as I am addicted to nicotine and need my nicotine fix regularly.

I have a cough like crazy. Much like a cigarette smoker but that should be no surprise considering my smoking habits.
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Wraggot
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Wraggot

Yeah, my lungs have certainly been affected by smoking both hookah and cigarettes. My voice comes and goes at times. But I suppose it's the risk we run and the price that we can pay.
Old March 8th, 2009, 01:12 PM
cherno83
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to cherno83

Don't break out laughing during your pulls haha

Well i'm not actually sure what the cause of your cough is, I run only 5 miles a day but stopped cause of my broken wrist. It's hard running with this soft cast I have on.
Old March 8th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i smoke everyday and dont notice any extra coughing. i have the occasional "let me clear my throat" deal, but never hardcore coughing
Old March 8th, 2009, 04:35 PM
QuakeHookah
Hookah Nut

for the workouts go back to boxing !!! skipping, swimming, speed bag, heavy bag, calisthenics, all for cartio you will feel as good as new.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook