Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The Home Hookah Lounge

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

Default The Home Hookah Lounge

OK guys and gals,
I've mentioned my hookah room in other posts, so I figured I should write about it a bit...I mean it is my hookah Sanctuary!

I've converted my office into a rather nice hookah lounge, taking a 8 foot by 4 foot high 3 shelf bookcase and making that a "bar / mix area / Shisha shelf." With the back of the bookcase facing outward, it provided me with a "behind the bar" feel when preparing the hookah, stopping people from getting to involved. I keep my hookah pipe collection on a shelf above across the room. and for sessions we all vote on which one we are going to use.

The office window opens up over my covered deck, which serves as a great location for a single burner to light coals even in the rain, and I just so happen to have placed the "bar," right infront of the window. It makes it way to easy to manage and prep the hookah.

Now for the fun part, This is my office after all and I need it for graphic design work, and audio production when I'm in the mood, so I wanted it to have an aesthetic and color pallet of warm rich reds and oranges...to offset the white desk and black everything else... This desk is on the wall to the right of the bar. Being in audio production I have some pretty nice monitors, which help to provide a great soundtrack to the session...Often prior to a party or social event a friend and I will program the sessions music... (I would love to supply you all with hookah session music too!)

anyway, here's the kicker... across from the bar I have a rather nice persian style rug, (hardwood floors + Coal = grounding from the hookah via the soon to be wife...) on top of the rug I have a stone table which I made out of patio walk way stones (home depot) and some landscaping brick for legs... it's large enough to hold a few hookah's if we wanted, but we usually only use one. But it provides a nice surface incase any coals fall, and just looks nice! It's only like 6 inches off the carpet, so we all sit on pillows and cusions I have around the hookah. It's a great setup, which I used to have in the den, but I figured, office + hookah lounge = great day at work!

I'll have pictures when I get my sd card reader replaced!

I encourage all of you who smoke inside to get one of the patio stone tablets (they are cheap and are what you would use when making a walkway in your backyard.) they make for a stable, unburnable fireproof smoking base!
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:39 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: The Home Hookah Lounge

hopefully this gives you some ideas for turning a part of your home into a hookah sanctuary!
Old January 4th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I too have a small hookah area in my basement equipped with dim lighting and a computer and speakers for music. But other than that, its not much
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:26 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

pics or shenegans

ya i take over our semi small living room in our apartment almost every night to smoke. have 2 lazy boys (one that was my family's and one that was my best friends who he got from an x-gf when they were dating) and then a couch that my dad had before my rents got married (its like 35+ years old now). got a carpet my roommate brought (burned it the first night, o well hes lazy and doesnt clean so it was preemptive retaliation i guess) and then a nice coffee table i made.

its not great for matching but its a nice apartment and has really high ceilings since it was an old warehouse and i love smoking there, mostly since its "home"

-matt
Old January 4th, 2009, 02:48 PM
kidvshero
Hookah Newbie

sounds better than most apartments I've smoked in!
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:07 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidvshero View Post
sounds better than most apartments I've smoked in!
its a nice place hands down, its got a few issues but every place does, and i step out my door, walk across the alley way and into the back courtyard/loading dock of the fine arts building where most of my classes are. only real down sides are my roommate is kinda stupid and the cost but its the most convenient place i could get

god i cannot wait to go back up to school, i want to be smoking every day again, not 1 time a week tops here at home... but i guess it is saving me coals and with limited funds that is helpful since i will get to about spring break once i get back and smoke my normal schedule

now when i build a house i will make a smoking den that has good ventilation if i want to smoke a cigar or if i want to pick up a pipe, and if i feel generous so i can let some friends to smoke cigs in there if they are being nice
-matt
Old January 4th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

I dont know about you guys but i like not having any ventilation when i smoke....it gives the room a nice haze and it looks sweet with my blacklight
Old January 4th, 2009, 04:01 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post
I dont know about you guys but i like not having any ventilation when i smoke....it gives the room a nice haze and it looks sweet with my blacklight
i dont have any really ventilation but i leave a fan on, either way the smoke ends up going pretty much up kinda fast, i have been leaving the HVAC fan on because if i dont it will let my room get up to 78-85* with the heat on even though its set to 72 (just a bad design)

i dont care either way though really with hookah, but if i was smoking any tobacco that is burned for smoking i would want it

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook