Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

How'd you get into hookah?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 9th, 2007, 11:58 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Default How'd you get into hookah?

Always was curious how everyone got into hookah. What was your first smoke? How'd you get into it?

High school graduation was the day.

Me and my friends went to the mall and bought my first cheap hookah with graduation money, and enjoyed a crazy nice smoke after the ceremony. Then it was history from there...
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:19 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

Default Re: How'd you get into hookah?

my best friend was in the marines and was sent over seas. he bought one while he was in iraq and had it shipped back to his base here in the states. after he got out of the marines he moved in with me and decided to smoke it one night. and that's all she wrote
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:23 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

One school trip on the 6th grade elementry school was enough to get me innn. My first smoke was note really good, as i didnt know how to set it up properly, but still enjoyable enough to motivete me.
Old September 9th, 2007, 01:59 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

about a year ago at someones party. i forgot what we smoked that night. i dunno when i drink i like to smoke something and there happened to be a hookah so got to smoking that, i enjoy a cig on occasion still though
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:18 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

I bought one out of curiosity. A cheap chinese knockoff with some herbal shisha. The stuff tasted like arse and the hookah was sub par. Later on, the local joint started carrying actual tobacco shisha. After that, I got right back into and got a decent hookah.
Old September 9th, 2007, 02:31 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I had quit smoking cigarettes for 7 months and missed my after dinner smoke. I started looking around for an alternative to cigs and found sites about hookahs. Once I saw all the flavors available i thought yep I'll try that. My first smoke was Al Waha Vanilla out of a 22" Egyptian I bought off e bay. I liked it so I continued.
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:06 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

well it started one early morning about a year ago now. the story begins with 3 kids at the tender age of 19 they were sitting around at about 7 am totally wasted (well one doesnt drink) and they were like hey we got this hookah that WAS used for the naughty(once we found out about the stuff its suppose to be used for it has never been used that way) and we were like i bet there is some kind of tobacco that you can smoke sure enough we get to the tobacco store and the one with all the money (me) was still totally wasted and i was like "i want some tobacco that i smoke out of a hookah ya know dawg?) and he showed us some of there kinds. The first smoke that day was king molassal cherry and it was amazing so we got better tobacco at a headshop downtown and the rest is history.
Old September 9th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I bought one out of curiosity as well. After that first smoke I never looked back and have been hooked on it since.
Old September 9th, 2007, 04:48 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Raised around it, Im arab lol.
Old September 9th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

Bought a hookah on a whim.
Old September 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

I started first by going to farrah's in Gainesville florida... then after that i went to a couple of other lounges... and decided to buy my own and from there it kept on going
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:20 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I first got into it a couple of years ago through a friend which owned a 13 inch egyptian. The first time I saw it I asked him what it was, he explained it to me, let me try it, and ever since then I've been hooked...
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

i was brought up around hookahs all my life the first time i smoked that sweet smoke was when i was about 13 or so and i think it was al waha starberry if i remember.... and ever since then i have been a hookah smoker so i think i have a couple years on my belt...
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:29 AM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

day of highschool graduation as well. we were at a party that just about everyone who graduated that day was at when a friend came and got me and said, have you ever smoked hookah? it took him a minute to convince me that they were actually smoking tobacco as he led me to the van everyone was in getting ready to smoke. they mixed up some strawberry and banana and i couldnt believe how the shisha looked and smelled! even more fascinating was all this foil stuff with coals and the works. they waited till it was going to hand me the hose and said, now just breath in slow and deep. at the end of my breath i started to say, i dont think i got anything, but was cut short by this huge cloud that blocked everyone out lol
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:09 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

My bf wanted one. He always wanted to have one, but didn't know where to get them or even how to use them. I used one long before I met him, but as a gift, I hunted around the net (6 years ago) and located a "discount" hookah on Ebay for him.

Although it was ugly, he loved it... thus began a long love affair w/ hookahs. Although over the years, I became more interested in them than he did, but he still enjoys them once and awhile.
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:08 AM
FURsAKeN
Hookah Enthusiast

My wife took me to a hookah bar when I returned off deployment.. ever since then, I been hooked..

/root
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:19 AM
Jubs
Hookah Newbie

My girl's cousin is going to college down the street from our place and she was into it and I was curious to try it out and we were going to hit up a hookah lounge and it was closed. She wanted to get one anyways so we picked one up and brought it back to our place and fired it up and I was hooked.
Old September 15th, 2007, 08:22 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well, ZVT and some of her friends from college (hookahcouple) took me out to a restaurant one night. We ordered a hookah, and I was intrigued by the design, tradition and shisha (hookahcouple explained a lot of it to me, as they were from India). It was a very pleasurable experience, probably the best one ever because it had that newness factor. We ended up buying a hookah that night and that was all it took! I was into it, especially since I was quiting cigarettes and ZVT was OK with me smoking the hookah. So I went nuts and bought some more coals and shisha online (when we ran out) and have been enjoying the hookah ever since. So thanks to ZVT and Hookahcouple for introducing me to hookah

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 15th, 2007, 02:19 PM
crashingsucks9
Hookah Nut

my friend had a hookah that she always brought to parties and then my best friend bought one and we started using it daily so i just bought my own
Old September 15th, 2007, 02:26 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Friend's cousins who live in Riverside were into it, they said it was awesome so we bought one. A little difficult because we were 16, but been smoking ever since thanks to older friends.
Old September 24th, 2007, 04:33 PM
herfer2
Hookah Newbie

Visited my Marine son in Istanbul a year ago. He had a very nice turkish girlfriend and she took us to a lounge for tea and hookah! Let the seduction begin! We had a ball! Turks smoke and drink tea voraciously! Spent 10 days hanging tuff with them! Nargile took my virginity and sent me home a fallen man addicted to her! Thankfully, my wife shares me with her!
Old September 24th, 2007, 05:55 PM
kingmaddog
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to kingmaddog Send a message via AIM to kingmaddog Send a message via MSN to kingmaddog Send a message via Yahoo to kingmaddog

I got into hookah when I visited a local bar. One time was all it took. I like the look of the hookah, and I enjoy the relaxation I feel when I smoke.
Old October 21st, 2007, 11:48 PM
Ace2666
Hookah Nut

I tried it at a party once and it was ok.

Not till my friends and I hit up the local lounge as a past time was i hooked.

Then one of my friends had one (4 hose King tut) let me borrow it for some parties recently, but i wanted more quality and I've just ordered over $200 on a hookah and hookah supplies. The hookah I bought was the Abyss from www.hookah-shisha.com.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:27 AM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

My friend came home from college on a break, and brought his hookah with him. Green Social Smoke 26" Egyptian

It was Soex Raspberry, ironically still one of the best smokes I've ever had
Old October 24th, 2007, 12:43 PM
mr weenis
Hookah Nut

a friend of mine bought a hookah about two years ago. we all had a get together and smoked it...i believe it was AF mint chocolate....the hookah was the backdrop for just about every time we hung out for the entire summer (which was jus about every day/every other day). my best friend graduated and moved to ohio, so i had a hookah-less year....then he came back here and I graduated, so we bought a hookah to celebrate!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook