Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

glycerin?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 10th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: glycerin?

I find honey burns easily. I use 1/4 teaspoon per bowl for dry tobacco and Desi Murli.
Old January 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=7962&at=0

This is what I use
Old January 10th, 2009, 10:43 AM
tzighy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to tzighy

"Pure Vegetable Glycerin, Alcohol-Free Extract". how does that go? glycerin IS an alcohol(http://www.pioneerthinking.com/glycerin.html)...
Old January 10th, 2009, 12:24 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

i was wandering... do you also put that in Nakhla? because if you do, you must be doing something wrong is you cant get it to smoke without it.
Old January 10th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzighy View Post
"Pure Vegetable Glycerin, Alcohol-Free Extract". how does that go? glycerin IS an alcohol(http://www.pioneerthinking.com/glycerin.html)...
Where does it say that it IS an alcohol?? Here is a direct quote from that website:

[FONT=Arial]Glycerin is a neutral, sweet-tasting, colorless, thick liquid which freezes to a gummy paste and which has a high boiling point. Glycerin can be dissolved into water or alcohol, but not oils. On the other hand, many things will dissolve into glycerin easier than they do into water or alcohol. So it is a good solvent.[/FONT]

Not sure where you find the logic that it cant be alcohol free? Besides, it is derived from coconuts and I dont remember coconuts having alcohol in them.

Last edited by Huskysibe; January 10th, 2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
tzighy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to tzighy

[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]on the same page, but at the bottom, it says:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](1) The pure chemical product is called Glycerol (which shows that it is an alcohol), while the impure commercial product is called Glycerin. This is a technical complexity, so for this article, I'm sticking to the more familiar term, Glycerin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]i chose pioneerthinking because i try to avoid wikipedia as being open source it tends to have a lot of misleading data, and also was too lazy do go down to the billionth google results page. i did however some research and the the vegetable stuff is obtained by treating some glycerol fats obtained from coconuts in a certain way, so yeah, it makes sense now, and you were right. Probably the vegetable thing is also a lot less risky for your body. (last aprt removed by editing)[/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited by tzighy; January 10th, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old January 10th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzighy View Post
[FONT=Arial][FONT=Verdana]on the same page, but at the bottom, it says:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial](1) The pure chemical product is called Glycerol (which shows that it is an alcohol), while the impure commercial product is called Glycerin. This is a technical complexity, so for this article, I'm sticking to the more familiar term, Glycerin. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]i chose pioneerthinking because i try to avoid wikipedia as being open source it tends to have a lot of misleading data, and also was too lazy do go down to the billionth google results page. i did however some research and the the vegetable stuff is obtained by treating some glycerol fats obtained from coconuts in a certain way, so yeah, it makes sense now, and you were right. Probably the vegetable thing is also a lot less risky for your body. I don't see why your reaction had to be somewhat aggressive, though... won't try asking any other things related to your posts from now on, sorry for doing so with this one as well... [/FONT]
[/FONT]
Aggresive? How do you figure? I was merely trying to point out there are different types of glycerin and I thought maybe you had gotten hung up on the alcohol aspect and didnt read it clearly. Sorry for trying to help.
Share with your friends on facebook