Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers......Whats so good about it?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 10th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Tangiers......Whats so good about it?

I bought into the whole Tangiers hype and I wasted my money on it to be quite honest. I tried it 2X, used all the so called methods to make it work. Let it acclimate for at least 4 hours stirring occasionally, pack the bowl nice and full as it comes out of the package(Do not fluff it up) use a phunnel, room temperature water etc etc etc It smells like the grease I scrape off my BBQ grill before I cook a steak, and it didnt taste much better. I had watermelon and then I tried Kiwi 2 months later, they both tasted the same to me. So my question is this, whats the hype? the flavors not there, is it the buzz? Someone please educate me cause I just dont get it.
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:43 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Tangiers......Whats so good about it?

theres a fad every week lol. Nazar will back me up on this.
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I agree whole heartedly. All this you gotta do this, you gotta do that, less heat, warm water, pack it this way, foil holes must form a pentagram, cross your fingers, hop on one foot, pat your belly and rub your head at the same time to get it to smoke right is for the birds. I'd rather relax with a bowl of something delicious every session than hope for the best and gag out if not. :
Old September 10th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

dont forget.... you gotta burn black candles in the shape of a pentagram whilst slashing a goats throat in the center to get it right.

......this is supposed to be for enjoyment , right?!?
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

haha! this thread destroyed my hopes of ever thinking that tangiers was definatelly the best... i dunno from what i hear it seems like there should be no other reason for smoking any other shisha... but i mean its totally true that you should be enjoying a smoke instead of spiritual rituals to get tobacco to smoke right... thank you guys... for giving me the truth...
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

if and/or when you get tanigers to smoke right, it's great, but it most definatly isn't a "plop" and smoke shisha. It's hard, strong and most definatly an accquired taste.

I do feel you when ya'll complain about the difficultly, it's annoying and a pain, for everyday use I didn't like going thur that many hoops to smoke, but everyonce and awhile, it's a nice treat. But yeah - Tangier's isn't the easiest smoke.

Plus the fact of buying a "special" bowl and mod wasn't fun, the shisha's prices is ok, but I don't like anything that requires "special" anything just to enjoy properly.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:07 AM
glz88
Deleted Per User Request

I dunno I smoke tangiers to get the amazing buzz not for the flavor. My friend and I mixed starbuzz peach with the tangiers f-line kashmir and we enjoyed a very good flavor. If you aren't going for the buzz it is a complete waste of money.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:03 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I just got the hang of Tangiers, and i have to say, i love it. Brambleberry is very good. It's just a taste preference i suppose, not aquired, just what you like. I got a very small, mellowed out buzz from it, i get triple the buzz from Romman that makes me sick. I'd prefer Tang over anything i've ever smoked, and it's cheaper than all the others.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:15 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

I don't know why I like it so much, Some how in the way it delievers the nicotine it increase the buzz, because when i smoked this versus any unwashed tobacco it gives me a huge buzz. This buzz is like 2x's as strong as any other tobacco. Personally it might be a fad, or perhaps its a completely new form of shisha since as far as I know it is the only type with full leaves instead of shreaded leaves.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:53 PM
spongebob
Hookah Newbie

it is not a fad - its hype, and if you dont know what hype means lookitup. if you want to try something that is going to give you a buzz and still be flavorful, I would recommend trying Nakhla double Apple, grape,strawberry, peach, melon, or chocmint. im sry but i tried tangiers and all the flavors that were supposed to be great and they all tasted like bbq dookie!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe they should make that a flavor cz then atleast ud know what ur getting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/hype
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:33 PM
glz88
Deleted Per User Request

True nakhla is about half as expensive as tangiers but its still not as powerful but you do get more flavor
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:50 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I've gotten twice as buzzed on Nakhla than any Tangiers I smoked (Vanilla, Juicy Peach, Kiwi, Red Tea and Blackthorn). Nakhla's taste is also better (in my opnion).

Tangiers is harsher/stronger than Nakhla I believe due to the nicotine content & production method, but I prefer the buzz from Nakhla 100% to Tangiers hands down - any day.

And just a side note - not all smokers (ciggy, cigar, ect) like Tangiers either - so far I've not gotten a single person I know who smokes to like Tangiers - they all complain it's too harsh and not enough flavor.
Old September 12th, 2007, 03:22 PM
The Messiah
Hookah Newbie

I had some trouble with Tangiers at first. I met Eric and he showed me how to set it up and now I have huge clouds with tons of flavor. I think even though Tangiers is supposed to be for all hookah smokers, it takes an experienced smoker to really enjoy it.
Old September 13th, 2007, 12:43 AM
BxxxD
Hookah Newbie

My first Tangiers experience sucked, I'm with you on the barbecue grease, but honestly, every other time has been gravy for me. I just plop it in my funnel, throw on some coals, and it smokes like a dream: amazing flavor with ass-kicking buzz. I guess I'm just too much of a Hookah Champ for my own good...
Old September 13th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

LOL I think it's funny how you guys pat yourself on the back as some sort of hookah ninjas. Here's what happens, it's like the 2 country farmers talking about dogs. The one country boy said to the other "Man, dog food sure is getting expensive!" The other country boy says "That doesn't effect me." The first fella says " What do you mean you have a dog!" "I know but I feed my dog bullshit." says the second man. "Bullshit" says the first man "Hell my dog won't eat bullshit!" The second man says "Mine didn't either for 2 weeks."

Moral of the story is, if you train yourself to try something unpleasant long enough you might grow to like it. Way too many good smelling, good tasting and buzz packing shishas out there to bother with Ol' Bar B que.
Share with your friends on facebook