Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

what makes nakhla so hot?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 15th, 2009, 02:18 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill
Default Re: what makes nakhla so hot?

Ok so, along with the Nakhla theme, there are "wet" lines and then there are... not wet lines?

I'm confused about this and i think i'm getting a wrong idea... as stated before, the smoke is created from heating the glycerin/molasses... but if the shisha is "not wet"... how is the smoke created?
Old January 15th, 2009, 02:59 AM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

im hearing all these great things about nakhla but i hate buzzes

is there a way to wash it without ruining it?
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPill View Post
Ok so, along with the Nakhla theme, there are "wet" lines and then there are... not wet lines?

I'm confused about this and i think i'm getting a wrong idea... as stated before, the smoke is created from heating the glycerin/molasses... but if the shisha is "not wet"... how is the smoke created?
In comparison to swimming in glycerin and other juices varieties it's dry. When people say it's dry it really isn't. Nakhla (except for Mizo) has sticky or as some describe it oily texture to it. Mizo is very wet. I have got a 50 G pack or 2 of Nakhla that was dry due to age. A little 50/50 glycerin honey combo fixed it up nicely. Every 250 G pack of Nakhla I've seen were pleny moist. They smoke nicely.

Last edited by Dunkel; January 15th, 2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:12 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

nakla is crap
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xazon View Post
nakla is crap
You can't even spell it right and how is your post in any way helpful or necessary?
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
You can't even spell it right and how is your post in any way helpful or necessary?
Nakhla** i dont like nakhla because i bought about 5 50g packs and they were all dry no moist at all
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:33 AM
mitchard
Banned

Its supposed to be dry.
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:03 AM
CPill
Hookah Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to CPill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
In comparison to swimming in glycerin and other juices varieties it's dry. When people say it's dry it really isn't. Nakhla (except for Mizo) has sticky or as some describe it oily texture to it. Mizo is very wet. I have got a 50 G pack or 2 of Nakhla that was dry due to age. A little 50/50 glycerin honey combo fixed it up nicely. Every 250 G pack of Nakhla I've seen were pleny moist. They smoke nicely.
Thank you dunkel, that clarifies a lot haha.
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:15 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Am a happy man today i just revieved 4 kilos of nakhla and a couple of AF.
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:58 AM
denali7432
Banned

glad to see this is still going, i really appreciate reading everyone's opinions..
Old January 15th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHARRYxCOLONx View Post
im hearing all these great things about nakhla but i hate buzzes

is there a way to wash it without ruining it?
It is called El Basha I believe that is the washed line of Nakhla. I haven't tried it yet. As to buzz it will all give you one unless it is herbal but for us it is almost celebratory. When the buzz first hits or you change coals and it is coming back we announce found it. LOL. Buzz lovers until we have to walk.

Another thing I like about Nakhla is the underlying tobacco flavor. As is seen in the thread about it I started a while back there seems to be little knowledge about what it is or possibly even why but I just like the tobacco itself better than the tobacco flavor of some other brands. I only know a few types of tobacco leaves/curings so I can't speak to it but I know that it is nice. I have only recently started noticing it I have been so enamored by the flavorings I almost forgot I was smoking. Now I have come to notice and appreciate the quality or more to the point lack of quality of the tobacco or smoke. I like that AF is wetter because I don't like the tobacco as much. I like it covered up. Nakhla has a lot of flavor from the flavorings but it also has great tobacco. So yeah I guess add quality tobacco leaf choices to the reasons why I like Nakhla.
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:32 PM
denali7432
Banned

i told my brother that people like the $7 250g nakhla over the $20 250g starbuzz and thats its better..he says why smoke the cheap stuff that only last 30 minutes and your throat is burning from it..now i kinda do listen to him because hes been smoking for about a year now..and i believe the only brand he smokes is starbuzz..but the main brand i was talking about was nakhla..any truth to only lasting 30 minutes and burning?
Old January 15th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

nakhla doesn't last that long in my experience...however starbuzz is the worst. it definitely doesn't last a long time.
Old January 15th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

I generally smoke nakhla for no less than 1hr 30mins the last two bowls lasting more like 2 hours and I don't put very much of it in the bowl. So no there is no truth to it at all. I was kind of wishing it was true by the time we gave up on banana the other night cause I didn't like it all that much.
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:01 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

it is true that shishas will smoke for varying periods, but burning shisha and longevity of shisha really comes down to heat management. it might be that your brother is a noob who likes to pile coal on his shisha and make big clouds and then cough and then pack another bowl cuz its all burnt.
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Yeah it takes a while to get the balance between decent amount of smoke (not necessarily the biggest clouds), good flavor, and longevity out of a bowl. Too little heat and you get small flavorless weak smoke, too much and you get thick, burnt tasting, harsh smoke. It isn't overly complicated but it can take some practice with different coals in different amounts for different amounts of time using different implements or not to figure out how to get the heat just right on each rig with each bowl and for each coal. It isn't rocket science but it is a little different with each variable you change.
Old January 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
StZero
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to StZero

So say I as someone who is new to the more traditonal brands, was to purchase Nakhla, seeing as how my local carries quite a bit of it, what would be a good starter flavor the local only carries 250g packs. Is there a special way to pack the bowl, is it more friendly with a phunnel or with a mod bowl. just some questions. I mean when youve got a elephant shitting on Al-Fak and Tangiers it has to be at least good.
Old January 15th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StZero View Post
So say I as someone who is new to the more traditonal brands, was to purchase Nakhla, seeing as how my local carries quite a bit of it, what would be a good starter flavor the local only carries 250g packs. Is there a special way to pack the bowl, is it more friendly with a phunnel or with a mod bowl. just some questions. I mean when youve got a elephant shitting on Al-Fak and Tangiers it has to be at least good.
Sweet Melon, Mizo White Grape, Mint and Peach, Fakhfakina Mixed Fruits, Sheherazade Cinnamon, Cardamon, and Earl Grey, and Pistachio are all damn good.

Pack it fluffy to just below the rim of the bowl. Nothing special about technique. Don't heap a ton of coals on top looking for fog out clouds. If you want to smoke an asston use a funnel, but I use a standard Egyptian clay bowl.
Old January 15th, 2009, 07:21 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I just can't do nakhla though. It's way to strong for me. I get migraines after I smoke it. I need something with a little lesss umph. Flavors were pretty good, just need a more washed brand so I don't get a buzz/ sick - during/ afterwards. When my fiance is in the mood to smoke lemon, i instantly turn green. That one always kicks my ass, and hard.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:22 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

'Cuz it's the only m'oessel endorsed by the Legend himself!

The Late
The Great
JAMES BROWN!

IT'S HOT!!! TOO HOT!!!!
MAKESM'FEELGOOD!!! HEH!!!
YAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!

Now, if I could just get somebody to photoshop a really tall MZ into this pic.......

Old January 15th, 2009, 08:27 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by StZero View Post
So say I as someone who is new to the more traditonal brands, was to purchase Nakhla, seeing as how my local carries quite a bit of it, what would be a good starter flavor the local only carries 250g packs.
One word: Mandarin
Old January 15th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Roadie
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten View Post
I just can't do nakhla though. It's way to strong for me. I get migraines after I smoke it. I need something with a little lesss umph. Flavors were pretty good, just need a more washed brand so I don't get a buzz/ sick - during/ afterwards. When my fiance is in the mood to smoke lemon, i instantly turn green. That one always kicks my ass, and hard.
Same here.
Old January 15th, 2009, 10:11 PM
masteripis
Hookah Nut

i'm currently switching over to nakhla. i smoked a lot of af before, but i'm finding the flavors now are not as consistent or as good. for example, i bought a pack of af strawberry maybe 4 years ago, and it was amazing. great taste, great smell. i got another pack maybe 3 months ago and it was unsmokable. the first nakhla i tried was grape, and to me it was so so. but then i tried mizo grape and loved it. currently, i'm smoking nakhla mint and i'm in heaven. don't get me wrong, i like a candyish flavor once in a while, so i keep some sb and af flavors on hand, but nakhla is my new go to because of price, flavor, and consistency!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook