Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla Mandarin

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 16th, 2009, 10:39 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Nakhla Mandarin

I was going to make a video review for HP on this but having technical/patience difficulty. Here's how it went:
Nakhla Mandarin, there has been a big buzz about this lately so i wanted to try it myself. I opened it put it in a flat tupperware and let it acclimate for a few minutes, loosely dropped it in an egyptian clay bowl and started my first smoke. It was great flavor, weak on the smoke. I know most Naklhla smokers don't care to get big clouds, flavor is more important to them. I disagree, I want big flavor and big smoke. Next bowl was packed in a tangeirs small phunnel bowl with toothpick holes driven all the way to the bottom of the bowl like I would prepare tangiers only I wanted less holes thinking tat the tangiers hole method I use would bun the nak. It didn't burn it but I got the same great flavor and more smoke. The next night I went all the way, made the tangiers hole pattern, if you don't know what this is I have a "how to pack a tangiers bowl" here on HP. I keep the holes distance from each other as if i wa poking them with a 3 pronged oyster fork. So I did that and awesome smoke and flavor.
Tonight I wanted to share that with a video review, my problem is if I edit I can upload, bs, etc etc. I am fine running 1 take but not multiple and this is frustrating if I want to add my HP intro and so you before and after time. Anyways, hope the verbal works. I was never a big Nakhla fan but thanks to HP I am trying more flavors.
Someone asked me about what type of hole pattern to use and I was about to answer but couldn't I have been experimenting with so many types of shisha and hole patterns that I realized I am always changing. That's what I suggest for you guys and you'll get your own methods for what works best.
If you haven't tried Nakhla Mandarin go for it! Great stuff.
John
Old January 16th, 2009, 10:50 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89
Default Re: Nakhla Mandarin

its like going back in time before t.v when we had to read and stuff. nah it was good read though cant wait for this to come out on tape that way i can listen to it instead.
Old January 16th, 2009, 11:23 PM
kidpoker11
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
its like going back in time before t.v when we had to read and stuff. nah it was good read though cant wait for this to come out on tape that way i can listen to it instead.

LOL jay and ill wait for a podcast of it...haha you made my friday night with the tape comment!
Old January 17th, 2009, 10:58 AM
NazarHookah
Vendor

Send a message via AIM to NazarHookah Send a message via MSN to NazarHookah Send a message via Yahoo to NazarHookah

8-track man
Old January 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Bojangles
Hookah Nut

I've heard a lot of buzz about this flavor too, I'm intrigued.

Nice read John, I appreciate your unbiased opinion
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:04 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

It's delicious. I would suggest trying it. and dropping 5 bucks for it is in no way a gamble either, all the batches are always the same and just as good as the next one.
Old January 17th, 2009, 01:30 PM
denali7432
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NazarHookah View Post
8-track man
and beta..lol
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:11 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali7432 View Post
and beta..lol
i have a beta player still! lol and i really wanna try this mandarin this'll be in my next naklah order for certain
Old January 17th, 2009, 02:37 PM
dragginskulls
Hookah Newbie

I actually just picked up a 250 of this at my local place (like 7-8 bucks) and it smells amazing. I also got mizo white grape based on all these people loving it. We'll see how it goes and I will definately have a video review of it. John you better be right! lol j/k even if this stuff isnt amazing its WAY cheaper than buying a batch of SB that you dont like.
Old January 17th, 2009, 04:24 PM
MercQV62
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to MercQV62

It's quite a good flavor, though I've also noticed it's lacking in smoke. So I decided to mix Nakhla's Fahkfakina Orange(a wetter shisha that produces more smoke) with the Nakhla Mandarin at a ratio of 65% Mandarin and 35% Orange. It smoked better and tasted great
Old January 18th, 2009, 12:50 AM
dragginskulls
Hookah Newbie

Ok tried it tonight. not a fan at this point. It was a decent flavor, light headed type buzz pretty quick, not much for smoke, and was rather dry. I have a phunnel bowl on the way so as soon as I get it Ill try it again, till then Hookah hookah orange owns this stuff..
Old January 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I'm smoking some Nakhla Mandarin right now, it does seem to be a little drier than other flavors draggin, it may be just the age of the batches i've been getting but some flavors seem to be more dry than others to me. Mandarin is a kind of dry one, and the wettest i've seen seems to be the DA. Regardless though i like it a lot, it's one of those nostalgic smokes with me because this is one of the first flavors i ever tried (:
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook