Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Some Starbuzz...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 11th, 2007, 12:30 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Some Starbuzz...

Is it worth the buy at all? It's a pretty steep price, and i could get two Tangiers for the price of one SB. I'm really leaning towards pumpkin pie, if anything, but i just want to know if SB is just crap, or if it's pretty fine shisha.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Default Re: Some Starbuzz...

Starbuzz is waaaaay better than Tangiers IMHO. But, you have to read the reviews on teh flavors. Its kind of hit or miss, I have liked 50% of the Starbuzz flavors I have tried. Cost is a huge factor for me though, I would much rather spend the dollars on Layalina or AF cause Starbuzz is pretty spendy. Check the reviews.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:46 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I have read the reviews, and they do help greatly. I just needed some straightforward answers to help me out. I guess i could just go with some 100 g and sample to top 5 flavors in the reviews. But i also rather enjoy tangiers, it suits my fancy quite nicely. . But i don;t dig Layalina too much. The colors make me queezy. AF is great flavorwise though, i HAVE to agree.

Starbuzz just seems like a huge step from AF or Layalina, i just hope its wprth the price. :P
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM
ghostofdavid
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to ghostofdavid Send a message via MSN to ghostofdavid Send a message via Yahoo to ghostofdavid

I don't know if I would ever compare the two to be fair to both shishas. They are opposite ends to the shisha spectrum.

Tangiers is a molasses based unwashed advanced shisha.

Starbuzz is a honey/sugar based washed shisha that anyone could light up and smoke.
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:47 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Think of it this way...you can get 2 Layalina or 2 Al Fakher for the price of the stuff. Some say its worth it, I personally do not. As a matter of fact, you might catch some guys selling Layalina or AF low enough to get 3 boxes, for the price of one SB. Your choice...
Old September 11th, 2007, 12:54 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Hmm, yeah, i'm kinda down with quality over price, and i tried layalina in a couple flavors a couple days ago, it wasnt my cuppa tea. But your right ETC, 2 or 3 AF is a better deal then 1 SB, by far.

And i know Tangiers and SB are much different, but i've recently discovered Tangiers beauty, as i posted on HF. I am just a sucker for taste quality, and i;ve heard Starbuzz is pretty high on that scale.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Well, if the colors of Layalina made you queezy then you will not like the SB colors as they dye them bright green, deep reds etc.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:09 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Damn, So is pumpkin pie brown?
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:16 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Starbuzz to me is amazing...My 2 favorite brands are tangiers and starbuzz. I prefer starbuzz for lots of flavor and less buzz, and Tangiers when I want alot of flavor and a strong buzz. It depends on my mood and what I want to smoke at the time. I would recommend both brands but I believe as far as flavor starbuzz is the best and well worth the price.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Not real sure. Hookahpimp will be able to answer it though, and possibly some of the others around here that have tried most of the SB flavors. I had their Lemon Mint and no lie it was the brightest green I have ever seen.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

For Starbuzz, you can't go wrong with X on the Beach, White Peach, Irish Cream (although hookah-hookah hazelnut is better!), and I hear Marlette is great (it's on my list of shisha to try).

And to answer your question of if Starbuzz is just crap? I would say "No", it is actually really good, and really easy to smoke, and cheaper in the long run, since you don't have to use a ton of it in some special bowl to smoke it!!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:42 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
For Starbuzz, you can't go wrong with X on the Beach, White Peach, Irish Cream (although hookah-hookah hazelnut is better!), and I hear Marlette is great (it's on my list of shisha to try).

And to answer your question of if Starbuzz is just crap? I would say "No", it is actually really good, and really easy to smoke, and cheaper in the long run, since you don't have to use a ton of it in some special bowl to smoke it!!
haha, good point! I read that "Less is more" which is always good. i wanna try X on the beach of course. Pumpkin pie just seems to be making me drool now though. I did ask Hookah pimp if the 100g were available and said yes.. but when i go on the site i cant order any. And i dont wanna pay $9.48 shipping from socialsmoke.
Old September 11th, 2007, 01:55 PM
spongebob
Hookah Newbie

i havent heard anything great about pumpin pie maybe worth a shot though. peach and marlet are really good and the social smoke blend
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:34 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Hookah Hookah makes Pumpkin Pie and it's real tasty! I guess it all comes down to it's your money to spend. I won't ever buy shisha for $19.99 a tub, unless it includes a massage. It might be very good but it's not twice as good as Layalina or AF or Al Waha for that matter.
Old September 11th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

im a fan of starbuzz.... however i reccomend buying the starbuzz in the 100g's from PYH.com....
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:09 PM
spongebob
Hookah Newbie

wow pimpyourhookah.com has 3 100gm of starbuzz and coal for 25 bucks! there is your answer to try out starbuzz
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:17 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

$25.00

****Red Hot Special****

Chose 3 of Starbuzz Tobacco' 100 Gram Cans and get a 1Kg of Starbuzz Exotic Charcoal!

$54.95

****Red Hot Special****

Chose 3 of Starbuzz Tobacco's 250 Gram Cans and get a 1Kg of Starbuzz Exotic Charcoal!

https://www.pimpyourhookah.com/index.php
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:33 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

If you are looking for Starbuzz, Bilal at PYH has the best deals, and some of the greatest customer service I have ever experienced!

I want to order one of the Starbuzz specials from him myself ... I need to finish up my samples and then place my order.

... you know the ones I would recommend zensilk ...

Cheers!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:05 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Ahhh, theer it is! 25 bucks. Hell yes. I think i'm goin with some marlette , x on the beach, and pump. pie. Might substitute marlette for rasberry... But dammn. And i'll try some HH too.
Old September 11th, 2007, 05:11 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

My advice to you is to DEFINETLY give it a shot...I used to smoke Al-Amir, but once I tried Starbuzz, lets just say I never looked back...check out the review section, I left a lot of reviews on a variety of different Starbuzz flavors...I can honestly say I don't mind spending $20 per/250g tub...I always have and always will unless something better comes along(doubt it)...You can try buying in bulk...that's what I do and it saves you a little money...like you can buy a Starbuzz tobacco and charcoal package for like 60 bucks from social smoke or hookah-shisha...and it includes 3 Starbuzz 250g tubs of shisha, and a box of 100 coals. Basically you're getting the box of coals for free, or one tub of shisha for free, whichever way you look at it(compared to if you were to buy each tub seperate)...I usually buy these packages about once every 3 months...but yeah, give it a shot, you're not gonna lose anything with trying it right?

edit: Or you could go with the pimpyourhookah.com special, which seems like a better deal lol...(let us know how those Starbuzz charcoals taste and perform)
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

HH does make a great pumpkin pie, probably the best. If you are looking for suggestions on Starbuzz I would go with Lemon Mint, Marlett, and social smoke.
Old September 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Damn you guys are all so hella helpful! Now i know i can't go wrong.
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:42 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Everybody gave good reasons for and against, for both SB and Tangiers (and other brands). It all comes down to personal preference - some people love the buzz of Tangiers and can handle the "other side" effects Tangiers has. Others like the ease and good taste of the SB shisha. Some perefer different brands completely. It all depends on how much you want to spend on the stuff, if you think the flavors are worth it.

I like certain flavors of Tangiers but it makes me sick, I'm not able to tolerate the side effects.
I like certain flavors of SB, but it can be costly and somewhat difficult to master (SB tends to be heat sensative).
But.... I do love other brands - Layalina, Al Fakher, Nahkla, Al Waha... ect.

Best bet, trade for some samples BEFORE buying the full-sized tubs. Read reviews and compair.

Everybody's tastes are different, what I like you may hate (and visa versa).
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
Best bet, trade for some samples BEFORE buying the full-sized tubs. Read reviews and compair.

Everybody's tastes are different, what I like you may hate (and visa versa).
That is some GREAT advice! Especially on shisha like Starbuzz and Tangiers. GO out an buy a tub of your favorite shisha (something proven and great), and offer it up in 50gm samples for the ones your want to try ... hope that makes sense? In other words don't offer a crappy shisha for trade, and you will get better choices to trade for, if you use a good shisha to barter with.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook