Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

burnt bowl and cleaning

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Hookah Pro
Default burnt bowl and cleaning

Hey everyone, I just bought my first hookah not too long ago. Mya Econo-Gelato. I've smoked a few bowls from it and my question was is it normal for the ceramic bowls to get burnt a little around the top-edges? I admit my first bowl was a bit harsh, and I didn't really know what I was doing. Also, what's the best way to clean out your hookah? I've been soaking the bowl and the base in warm water and soap. I still get some left-over flavor from the previous session through the hose.
Old January 25th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hookah Guru
Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle
Default Re: burnt bowl and cleaning

yeah dude, the line on the top of the bowl is called the carbon line. there's no harm or anything. you can remove it with an SOS pad if you'd like.

i use lemon juice in my hoses (i have washable hoses, make sure you do too). i use hot water and baking soda, lemon juice, or rock salt to clean the vase and stem. but most of the time i just wash it all out with hot water.

a good way to clean the bowl is to bring up a *** of water to a rapid boil, and with either a glove or a pair of like BBQ tongs; place the bowl in there for 5 mins. then take a teaspoon of baking soda (NO MORE!) and dump it on top of the water. it will bubble up then rapidly deteriorate. leave it for a couple more mins. makes your bowl brand new again.

Last edited by chadtizzle; January 25th, 2009 at 05:30 PM.
Old January 25th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

when cleaning my hoses, i use just water, then i pull out the baking soda and lemon/lime juice every now and then, but all you are aiming for when cleaning a hose is getting any dust out.

scrub off the charcoal lines, those 30cent green scrub pads work. if its still there, boil it in hot water then scrub it, make sure not to burn your hands.

and yes, the carbon is harmless, but its better to keep things clean.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old January 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Hookah Master

ya those un glazed rims get kinda burned in, ive found if you use a brillo pad (green scrubby) pretty soon after you smoke it washes it off well, stays a little black but not to much

if its not messing with the flavor dont worry

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook