Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tangiers Dogging

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 14th, 2007, 09:23 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Tangiers Dogging

LOL Yeah man there are alot of Soex and Rolland haters out there!
Old September 14th, 2007, 09:33 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Well because personally, I consider rolland charcoals to be a inferior product...Soex scared to try it... I'm just saying...i'll show you a tangiers bowl on me if i ever meet up with you tangiers hater's and show you a good time...
Old September 14th, 2007, 09:42 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

yes people call rolland inferior yet they are singing the praises of their exotica coals

now how can you dis a coal that also gives you a show when it explodes? i mean thats an added bonus and adds some excitement to your life. wondering "oh shit is it going to blow up now or later?" your there with your bomb squad suit on managing your coals and smoking. now that is what i call a good coal

now soex is the shit. get good quick bowls out of it which are about 30 minutes of flavor. if you have a need for quick sessions because you dont have time but dont want to keep smoking the same bowl this is the shisha for you
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:14 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Sorry if i seemed mean or anything, but I wasn't trying to point fingers at anyone. I both like and hate Tangiers - I can say that becasue I have tried to smoke it. (Same w/ Soex and Rollands, been there done that.)

I was trying to state that not everybody smokes for the same reasons, not everybody has the same experience (some have smoked for years, others just starting), and then there are reasons beyond anybody's control (bad batches, the weather, screwy coals, ect).

But I guess I'm making things more confussing and such-not, so I'll just keep quite. Sorry.
Old September 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM
The Messiah
Hookah Newbie

I love Tangiers, that's pretty much all I've smoked for the last year. All I have to say is it's more for the experienced smokers. Some strong stuff.
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:00 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

What's wrong with MYA? IMO, excellent rigs.
Old September 14th, 2007, 07:11 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

I will forever stand by tangiers products they make great tasting amazing smoke tobacco. I have never had a bad bowl it takes time to learn to perfect it and it will be come good and you will enjoy it. Some love it. Some hate it. i get it i dont care i like you dont thats cool lets smoke a bowl of laylina or hh and sit back and enjoy or if you wanna let me make a tangiers bowl i will thats all i gotta say.
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:08 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

well I took some of the advice from heart and tried out a bowl. Not terrible, really still is harsh. I coughed up a lung but then again I don't smoke cigs. I'm going to try it out a few more times and see if I can get a hang of it.

Anyone got anymore tips for it?
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:24 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

I thought the original subject of this topic was something else.

I also wonder if it's really about tangiers the product, or because of tangiers the person?

I have recently started to smoke Tangiers and following the basic advice have enjoyed some great sessions. I don't get very buzzed - just very relaxed.

It's actually quiet easy to get going and smoke well.

I was very dubious about the lack of heat required... but having used 1/2 the normal amount of coals it was really good.

Just my 2p's worth.

JD
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:51 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

personally- if this thread had anything to do with tangiers the person and him being "dogged", i'd think that would be ridiculus. Hopefully nobody is stupid enough to jump on a bandwagon and say YEAH, i dislike so and so, Or No he's AWESOME and pick fights with each other.......

Eric is a great guy. I've had the pleasure of talking to him via internet and phone and he is a very intelligent and very sweet person. If this thread had any ill intentions, i'm glad nobody posted about it and if they do have issues, those can be kept to themselves.

You don't have to respond to my post, but please keep your comments about shisha only. Period.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth_DeNightshade
I thought the original subject of this topic was something else.

I also wonder if it's really about tangiers the product, or because of tangiers the person?

I have recently started to smoke Tangiers and following the basic advice have enjoyed some great sessions. I don't get very buzzed - just very relaxed.

It's actually quiet easy to get going and smoke well.

I was very dubious about the lack of heat required... but having used 1/2 the normal amount of coals it was really good.

Just my 2p's worth.

JD
You have got to be kidding right? No one even eluded to Tangiers the person...at all. This thread was about why a select few people have dogged tangiers in various threads. One of them being me I am sure because I can recall doing it a couple of times. Thats all. Never made mention of the person only the horrible smell and taste I experienced and the inability to go through the riual to make it work. But it doesnt surprise me that somebody would twist it and develop a conspiracy theory. Dont look too hard into it JD, its only about tobacco here, we dont care about creating any drama with vendors or manufacturers. We are only giving our own unbiased opinions of products and flavors that WE personally like in a setting that allows it without editing or deleting posts because it doesnt conform.
Old September 15th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Big + 1 to what KK said, in response to what Seth/JD said ...

and a GINORMOUS +1 to what Husky said, because seriously Seth/JD, where do you get that members are talking about a person and not the product!??

This thread has not been anything more then a civil discussion of Tangiers Shisha.

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:31 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Agreed, I'm just trying to get some talk as to why people are thinking this. I'm also trying to get opinons on the style as this is actually a completely different style of shisha. I plan on trying to make my own brand with a few people in high places i know, similiar to tangiers with more flavor, and perhaps a little more forgivingness. I'm trying to start a hookah bar/a shisha brand as a hobby rather then a source of profit since I already have a job which i could easily do while maintaining a brand and a bar...as well as the partners I have going into this.

Just looking for reason on why people put it down so hard.
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:44 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by sznapsy
Agreed, I'm just trying to get some talk as to why people are thinking this. I'm also trying to get opinons on the style as this is actually a completely different style of shisha. I plan on trying to make my own brand with a few people in high places i know, similiar to tangiers with more flavor, and perhaps a little more forgivingness. I'm trying to start a hookah bar/a shisha brand as a hobby rather then a source of profit since I already have a job which i could easily do while maintaining a brand and a bar...as well as the partners I have going into this.

Just looking for reason on why people put it down so hard.
probably because of the harshness, the tickle in the throat. I don't smoke cigs, so my lungs aren't adapt to it at all. The shisha's I've tried have for the most part been smooth and flavorful.

Recommendations for a house brand, get good well cured smooth tobacco. The tobaccos the base and very important.
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

If you do decide to do this, place do a washed brand? Some of us, really cant handle buzz but would love to have the flavor.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:53 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Doing a Washed, and an Unwashed line...Just doing the same style, leaves will be only cut once into half the size to make heat management a little bit easier.
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Thats a cool idea sznapsy! You hit the nail on the head though, make a product that is more stable and consistent. Thats a problem I have with Tangiers. If you get it worked out, I would definantly try some samples.
Old September 15th, 2007, 01:39 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Old September 15th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Nofrendo, not one person here has been talking about the manufacturer of Tangiers Shisha, his personality is irrelevant to the topic of discussion, and that topic of discussion is Tangiers Shisha "The Product" and this thread was created because somebody felt it necessary to find out why people dislike this particular product, this thread has never brought mention to the manufacturer himself ... the manufacturer is irrelevant to the topic of discussion. So could we please keep this on topic instead of adding more tangents to this thread!? Nobody here is personally attacking a particular person, it is simply a discussion about a particular product.

I just hope everybody can learn a lesson from this thread ...
... "That people are going to have their own values and opinions of products/manufacturers/vendors, don't actively and publicly try to change their minds because everybody is entitled to their own opinion ... the conclusion you come to based on everyones unique opinion of a product/manufacturer/vendor is what truly matters."

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 15th, 2007, 06:25 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Amen Samb, Amen. We are here to give our personal experiences about things that we like, dislike, what works, what doesnt. We are here to ask questions and guess what, theres no stupid question. I am still asking questions because I like to know peoples personal opinions on various things. This is a great forum, lets keep threads on topic so they dont get shutdown. Hey Sznapsy, how far into the mfg process are you in making your own shisha? You should start a new thread and update us on it periodically.
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:00 AM
Seth_DeNightshade
Hookah Nut

easy children, easy.....

Maybe I misunderstood the title of 'dogging' Unless you talking about having sex in carparks... But that's a whole other issue.

I'll put it down to a lost-in-translation.

Didn't mean to get your heckles up.

JD
Old September 16th, 2007, 08:57 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

No worries, just clarifying is all so we are all on the same page and keeping the thread on topic. I tend to post a paragraph when I explain things, I do that when I am talking to someone face to face as well. Not sure if its a good thing or not hehe
Old September 17th, 2007, 10:35 AM
NonstickRon
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to NonstickRon

Hahahaha. SO much drama...over a brand. Too funny.
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:21 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

The only reason I don't like tangiers is because you need to be a coal master to be able to enjoy a session. I just wanna light up and smoke just like i do with my other brands.
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:01 PM
ASUSEAN
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel
The only reason I don't like tangiers is because you need to be a coal master to be able to enjoy a session. I just wanna light up and smoke just like i do with my other brands.
no way, i do exactly tht with tangiers and have great sessions every time
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook