Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Khalil Mahmoun

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 13th, 2007, 05:46 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Default Khalil Mahmoun

I am looking to get one of these, to kinda add some variety to my MYA collection...

I am looking for something really solid, preferably without one of those ashtrays that chatter around

With a really nice vase, probably not the regular shape, those aren't my favorite.

Something white, or green would be best.

Any recommendations?
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:19 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer
Default Re: Khalil Mahmoun

basically all of them chatter around. they sit on a 2nd "base" where ash falls in at the hole. they all have the same basic base which is like
[]
[]
[ ]

there is a clear base and a green one.
https://www.pimpyourhookah.com/index...d=31&Itemid=26

not everything listed in there actually what he has for sale. look in the stem section of PYH for the rest of the stems he has and even then not all of them are there.
https://www.pimpyourhookah.com/index...d=22&Itemid=26

really if you want to know all he stocks the best way is to call him and have him look around back there because there is A LOT. there are even small hookah's in there like no more than 12 inches tall he does not have listed.

i say go with a pear and ask him what colors he has available because there are more than he has listed. i bought a blue pear and its not up on the site.
Old September 13th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

KM's tray will chatter. BUT, you cant go wrong with one. I can almost guarantee once you get one the Mya's will be shelved for good.
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:03 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Why is that though? I have a blue cobra hookah which in appearance is similar to a KM. It's ok, but nothing spectacular. The tray chatters, but it's a solid smoke. Is there something special in particular that makes the KM's better? On this one, I didn't like the grommets. They were plastic and I had to replace every one...

I can tell a MYA from anything, and this really looks like a KM to me. Are there any distinguishing features to look for?
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:06 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

The reason why they chatter is due to the water level in the hookah... the less water the less chatter, more watter, louder chatter... just cut a small peice of card board and place it in between the trey and the second trey..

or if you want to go pro status get some dyno mat and put some underneath the trey
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:11 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

the tray? as in the tray that catches the ash? a hookah should be loud as a panzer! let it chatter and clang with dignity!

Old September 13th, 2007, 07:14 PM
hookahpimp
Hookah Nut

man you are playing too much call of duty
Old September 13th, 2007, 07:15 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

haha! you were close man, actually playing too much red orchestra.

personally, i like my hookah loud and furious, scares the cat away, makes the cig smokers look like librarians, yadda yadda yadda
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:06 AM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

We all have needs. If he doesnt want is shaking around and making noise he should have an option for that
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:25 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

so something along the lines of this? :P

Old September 14th, 2007, 12:32 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Actually I already have that one, except instead of wood, the handles are pink and fuzzy
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:44 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofrendo
Actually I already have that one, except instead of wood, the handles are pink and fuzzy
HAHAHA!!! you have a good sense of humor. when you were talking about the tray rattling, do you mean the ash catching tray? if its a bit loose, why not just tape it up?? my first hookah is fairly quiet for something that looks so manly and tough, heres a pic:

Old September 14th, 2007, 07:28 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Nofr, your blue hookah does indeed look very similar to a certain style of KM (there are several). KM's are known to be well produced, by hand if I am correct, and are solid rigs. Some of the "similar" looking ones are probably like the MYA knock-offs, they looks the same but may/may not be of the same quailty. Yours (in the picture) looks well made, a solid steel piece - looks like it smokes well. I just never did like the "plastic/marble" inserts I've seen on this style of stems.

One big thing w/ KM's is the fact that some are SOLID BRASS CORED stems. Many of the one's on PYH's site are listed as Stainless Steel. Not saying they aren't as good as the Brass ones, but myself personally, would aim for a Brass Cored version of a KM. That's what they are known for.
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

KM's are indeed hand made and the quality of the craftsmanship is second to none. Th etray was an issue for me when I first bought it but I liek it now, its easy to use and when you bump something, the tray moves or gives and the hookah isnt easily tipped or knocked out of your hand.
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:27 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

I'm planning on getting a KM fifa from PYH at the end of the month. I got the chance to smoke one and now I defiently need one. I'm trying to move from the Mya's and move to something more unique. It's going to be more of a solo smoke thing, mya's for the group smoking. Keeps it more of a personal smoke type of thing...
Old September 14th, 2007, 08:31 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

You wont regret it man, I went from a Mya to the KM and it has enhanced my smoking experience 3 fold to say the least. Its definantly an awakening.
Old September 14th, 2007, 12:35 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe
You wont regret it man, I went from a Mya to the KM and it has enhanced my smoking experience 3 fold to say the least. Its definantly an awakening.
Which model Mya did you have before? How much better is the KM compared to the Mya in flavor and smoke density? I'm asking because I have a 33 inch Egyptian (red isis in the review section), that looks almost identical to certain KM models...I can't really see there being much difference between my egyptian and the KM performance wise if they even look the same. My egyptian has no leaks and smokes like a champ, but my Mya is WAY better...so I'm just interested in a more detailed description of why a KM is better than a Mya...

Edit: Ok, never mind...I just answered my own question by going through the "which hookah do you have" thread...No wonder you noticed an improvement when you switched to KM...the Mya QT will never smoke as great as Mya's taller and more expensive offerings...My friend has a 13 inch Mya Diva, and let's just say he will always rather smoke out of my 30 inch Mya Blue Column, simply because his little Diva doesn't smoke or taste half as good as mine... seems like there really is a vast difference between the short and tall Mya's...I'm kind of skeptical of a KM being better than my Mya, I don't know, I think I'd have to try it first (orlando meet up) before I would ever consider buying it...
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:10 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Well I got two KMs, an Amer and Hafa, I'll bring em' to the Florida meetup, if we ever have one!

KMs are hand made, and absolutely beautiful and authentic. I love how well it smokes, and is completely air tight for me. I also like that they have brass cores. I also like the price, especially for what you are getting for such a low dollar amount! You can't beat KMs in the arena of "best bang for the buck", In my opinion. Here is one that PYH carries and this one has a stainless steel stem, but the cost is $59!
https://www.pimpyourhookah.com/index...mart&Itemid=26

If I had to buy them all over again, the only thing I would change is that I would have ordered them way sooner!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 14th, 2007, 01:38 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
Well I got two KMs, an Amer and Hafa, I'll bring em' to the Florida meetup, if we ever have one!
LOL...hey I hear ya bro! I'm dying for there to be a set date already so I can plan on it...It would be really sweet if I could try one of your KM's... I've always wondered how good they are...
Old September 14th, 2007, 05:56 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Bang for the buck.... ahhhh I see now.
Old September 17th, 2007, 12:19 PM
HookahETC
Banned

Send a message via AIM to HookahETC

Make sure you let me know when you get your new rig in
Reply Share