Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookahs To Use in a Bar?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 29th, 2009, 06:56 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Default Hookahs To Use in a Bar?

What hookah would be best for a hookah bar? I was thinking of going with the Mya QT or Mya Acrylic Orb?

I was worried the QT would be too small? Novice smokers might look down on it?

If I don't go with Mya, I was going to use the North Smoke "Hyperion" hookah.
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:01 PM
AngriestPhx
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Hookahs To Use in a Bar?

MYAs would be good because of the interchangeable parts. Sure someone may think a QT is small but once they try it they will realize it hits just like the rest of them. There's a local hookah lounge that uses KM precisions.
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

wonderland would be the guy to ask he owns a hookah bar and he only uses mya's they smoke great and look good to
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

KM's would be awsome but like mya acrylics i hear are lmost as good as one and u could get mya washable hoses and plus if someone accidentally knocks one down u dont hae to worry about the base breaking
Old January 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Def Mya.... I have a variety of mya's at my place.... I love the orb... PM me for info!
Old January 29th, 2009, 09:28 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Mya hookahs have a great look and you can probably get them fairly cheap if you get the industry connections. Syrains and KM have that wow factor that makes people enjoy the session superficially beyond the flavor and smoke. Make the hookahs visible so people can choose their own.

I would suggest having a selection of hookahs. A range of sizes and styles. That includes styles of bowls. Everyone has a preference.
Old January 29th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Cnphoto
Hookah Pro

the orb is what most bars use
Old January 29th, 2009, 11:15 PM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

i would use the qt or the orb!!!
Old January 30th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

I hate that all the lounges here use mya's and they all use bulk coals. That is a horrible combination. Generic Egyptian hookahs would serve your public much better.

Try these if you are looking to buy now. If it is anything like their others it will smoke like a champ and will be very pleasant for your customers. Much more than a purgeless Mya would be.
http://cgi.ebay.com/29-1-Hose-Authen...d=p4634.c0.m14
Old January 30th, 2009, 03:45 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

I will speak from experience... Mya Saray produces a great hookah, and in my opinion, a great hookah for a lounge because of the replacement parts, cleanability, and overall performance. I use Mya's because careless people come into my lounge, stand up with the hose in their mouth and pull the thing off the table... my base broke... so intead of me having to buy a whole new hand made hookah, I buy the replacement base because it fits 100%. I can take my mya's completely apart and wash, sanitize, and rinse them. Hookah lounges around me do not take the steps to wash their handmades for some reason. I also use 100% washable hoses that are cleaned and sanitized after every use. People say they have a problem with purging the mya... Mya's purge enough where if you do get harsh smoke... blow, move ur coals, blow again and its fixed. Lump coal is alright, exoticas (which I use) is better. Lump coal generally refers to lump lemon wood... I have about 200 pounds of lemon wood... it burns hot but then if your not smoking the thing will go out... I like exotica or the natural rolled fingers. I would never, ever buy a generic egyptian hookah because you will never get your money out of it. For home use hand made are great. But when you have a hookah that might get smoked out of 5-8 times a day you need great quality... I am not saying that KM, etc isnt great quality its just KM is a home use item for me... Hell we all would love to own a Rolls Royce but damn us if we need a part. This comment is not directed at you Fezzik. I mean no anger or anything. I am defending Mya from a lounge owners point of view. No offence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik View Post
I hate that all the lounges here use mya's and they all use bulk coals. That is a horrible combination. Generic Egyptian hookahs would serve your public much better.

Try these if you are looking to buy now. If it is anything like their others it will smoke like a champ and will be very pleasant for your customers. Much more than a purgeless Mya would be.
http://cgi.ebay.com/29-1-Hose-Authen...d=p4634.c0.m14
Old January 30th, 2009, 04:04 PM
Fezzik
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
I will speak from experience... Mya Saray produces a great hookah, and in my opinion, a great hookah for a lounge because of the replacement parts, cleanability, and overall performance. I use Mya's because careless people come into my lounge, stand up with the hose in their mouth and pull the thing off the table... my base broke... so intead of me having to buy a whole new hand made hookah, I buy the replacement base because it fits 100%. I can take my mya's completely apart and wash, sanitize, and rinse them. Hookah lounges around me do not take the steps to wash their handmades for some reason. I also use 100% washable hoses that are cleaned and sanitized after every use. People say they have a problem with purging the mya... Mya's purge enough where if you do get harsh smoke... blow, move ur coals, blow again and its fixed. Lump coal is alright, exoticas (which I use) is better. Lump coal generally refers to lump lemon wood... I have about 200 pounds of lemon wood... it burns hot but then if your not smoking the thing will go out... I like exotica or the natural rolled fingers. I would never, ever buy a generic egyptian hookah because you will never get your money out of it. For home use hand made are great. But when you have a hookah that might get smoked out of 5-8 times a day you need great quality... I am not saying that KM, etc isnt great quality its just KM is a home use item for me... Hell we all would love to own a Rolls Royce but damn us if we need a part. This comment is not directed at you Fezzik. I mean no anger or anything. I am defending Mya from a lounge owners point of view. No offence.
OH yeah none taken. My only thing is the ones here don't give you tongs so there is no control and in my experience when I go to purge the first blow clears the chamber, then through about 5 minutes of short bursts I can clear out about half the base. Generally that isn't a perfect solution but eh I suppose it works. I imagine if I could get exoticas and tongs so I could move them when it got harsh then clearing half the base would be fine. It makes sense that a take down take apart hookah would make clean up a lot easier. I guess I am a bit finicky the first place we went had generic Egyptians he only uses 4 and it isn't his primary business so you know it is easy to get away with I suppose. However, it purges like a dream I mean clear no smoke left and smokes easy but he gives us tongs and lets us replace the coals our selves. The other places don't and that makes it hard to control and harder to correct.

So yeah I see your point but if it were me I would use something like this. I can see why you wouldn't though. On occasion I still go back to the lounges except for one.
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:50 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
I really like the myas due to the readily available replacement parts. I plan to clean them after each use.

What hoses do you use? I want washable ones obviously so I can clean them after each use, I plan to have 2x the hoses as hookahs this way if I get behind, I always have a clean hose.

I am planning to use Exotica finger coals, the price is right. I am getting a portable stovetop heater, I plant just to heat them up as I need them, I was told they only take 3-4 minutes heat up fully?

I am considering two tiers of hookahs, have a few of the smaller myas, maybe get a few of the larger ones for a extra price?

I am going to order a few myas to see which ones I like the most, I plan to use the orb and possibly the cosmos, I think the acrylic base will be fine.

Thanks!
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:59 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

http://www.hookahcompany.com/washabl..._1181_prd1.htm

Def. use these hose! there not very wide gauge like a nammor/razan but they get the job done and they are 100% washable and there fairly inexspensive.
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:02 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHARRYxCOLONx View Post
http://www.hookahcompany.com/washabl..._1181_prd1.htm

Def. use these hose! there not very wide gauge like a nammor/razan but they get the job done and they are 100% washable and there fairly inexspensive.
I like the color options, but they are a little plain. Are the hoses that come with the myas any good?
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:06 PM
S4L
Hookah Nut

KM are the best for shisha cafes
Old January 30th, 2009, 06:10 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4L View Post
KM are the best for shisha cafes
KM would be the best just if anything ever broke its basically new hookah time plus there a little harder to set up sometimes than a mya.

as to ur Q karma. the hoses i linked are just like the standard mya ones except there washable wich is (in my opinion) very important in a lounge. i wanna make sure the hose im using is sanitary and with those hoses u can make them sanitary. if ur worried about the look, u can get hose covers if u really wanted to.
Old January 30th, 2009, 07:43 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I would love to use KM but the Myas are just easier.
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:16 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

edit double post sorry

Last edited by KarmaHookah; January 30th, 2009 at 08:32 PM.
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:27 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

when i smoked at wonderlands cafe the mya's smoke just as well as my km, didn't have to worry about purging cause he gave us tongs and well was there smoking with me 90% of the time. i hate hookah bars that dont give u tongs to use
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaHookah View Post
I think they are local, they are based out of phoenix actually. I might contact them, if I like this stuff, I want to carry it.
think this was meant for this thread right lol?

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9377
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:31 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xHARRYxCOLONx View Post
think this was meant for this thread right lol?

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9377
Haha, my bad. I got my tabs mixed up.
Old January 31st, 2009, 12:32 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I think I am going to use a combo of the orb, the cosmos, and the mya. I am keeping the myas up at the bar, this way the acrylics can go out around the lounge.
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:33 PM
S4L
Hookah Nut

what brand tobacco are you planning on using? you should use AF :-)
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:14 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I have been hearing that the quality of AF is declining, but I plan to offer it, along with al-amir, nakhla, and starbuzz.
Old January 31st, 2009, 04:33 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

try AF for urself... I use AF as my main standard flavors... when I got my shipment I smoked every single flavor to make sure it was good... and every flavor was... and all produced in 2008... I love AF lol
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook