Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookahs To Use in a Bar?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 31st, 2009, 06:20 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Default Re: Hookahs To Use in a Bar?

Right on, I will carry them with a mix of other brands.
Old January 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i would go with an acrylic base, easier to deal with and safer.

IIRC there are large myas that have acrylic bases. yes smaller hookahs smoke pretty well but honestly the mid 20s-30s just look better and give the visual experience your customers will expect, also i really think larger hookahs smoke more evenly, they can kinda fend off harshness more and seem to be a smoother pull (i have a mya mini acrylic and a 32 inch rotator and have smoked an ok amount of hookahs of other sizes and types to base my findings on)

as to what to use, nakhla is cheap and i have really been starting to become very fond of it in the last month or so, theres a lot there for the weight since its dry but it smokes well

i think one of the biggest things that lounges over look are hoses hoses hoses, ya nammors/razans are kinda expensive but they are much better

-matt
Old February 1st, 2009, 01:40 AM
knivesreturns
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderland View Post
I will speak from experience... Mya Saray produces a great hookah, and in my opinion, a great hookah for a lounge because of the replacement parts, cleanability, and overall performance. I use Mya's because careless people come into my lounge, stand up with the hose in their mouth and pull the thing off the table... my base broke... so intead of me having to buy a whole new hand made hookah, I buy the replacement base because it fits 100%. I can take my mya's completely apart and wash, sanitize, and rinse them. Hookah lounges around me do not take the steps to wash their handmades for some reason. I also use 100% washable hoses that are cleaned and sanitized after every use. People say they have a problem with purging the mya... Mya's purge enough where if you do get harsh smoke... blow, move ur coals, blow again and its fixed. Lump coal is alright, exoticas (which I use) is better. Lump coal generally refers to lump lemon wood... I have about 200 pounds of lemon wood... it burns hot but then if your not smoking the thing will go out... I like exotica or the natural rolled fingers. I would never, ever buy a generic egyptian hookah because you will never get your money out of it. For home use hand made are great. But when you have a hookah that might get smoked out of 5-8 times a day you need great quality... I am not saying that KM, etc isnt great quality its just KM is a home use item for me... Hell we all would love to own a Rolls Royce but damn us if we need a part. This comment is not directed at you Fezzik. I mean no anger or anything. I am defending Mya from a lounge owners point of view. No offence.
Are the myas too short to put on the floor? I was thinking of getting syrians for when I open my lounge.
Old February 1st, 2009, 09:40 AM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

In all honesty, out of all the Hookah Cafes I've been to, the best places used High Quality Myas or KMs, however the places with the least broken hookahs or coal burns in their furniture used rotators, so morons dont wrap the hoses around 7 times and knock it over.
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:30 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahWaffle View Post
In all honesty, out of all the Hookah Cafes I've been to, the best places used High Quality Myas or KMs, however the places with the least broken hookahs or coal burns in their furniture used rotators, so morons dont wrap the hoses around 7 times and knock it over.
ya the rotators are good for lounges because they keep hoses from tangling but honestly they are not as tight as they should be some times (mine is a little wobbly at the rotating joint). i would rather get lazy susans and put a normal hookah on them

-matt
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I was planning on using the little spinning plates like you can get for your kitchen table, have one of those on the table so the hookah can rotate.

Are the nammor hoses washable?
Old February 1st, 2009, 10:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaHookah View Post
I was planning on using the little spinning plates like you can get for your kitchen table, have one of those on the table so the hookah can rotate.

Are the nammor hoses washable?
yep they are, they do have a bad plastic taste when you get them (lemon juice and baking soda get it out pretty fast), and you dont really want to get the out side wet just cause its a pain to dry

-matt
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:37 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Does anyone have experience with north smoke hookahs? I was thinking of using these:

http://www.southsmoke.com/pd_the_zeus.cfm
Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:45 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Does anyone have experience with north smoke hookahs? I was thinking of using these:

http://www.southsmoke.com/pd_the_zeus.cfm
U rather get cheaper KM's for that price
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Do not... again... dooooo not get the north smoke hookahs. trust me. they are nice for a home use... but def bad for lounge use!
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
U rather get cheaper KM's for that price
lol wholesale price is def not that price lol
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:28 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Thanks for the advice, I will not use any NS hookahs.

I am thinking of putting these in the vip areas:
http://www.southsmoke.com/pd_the_frost.cfm
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:14 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:

those might be nice, i like myas personally, i would also give john from **********/******* hookah a call and see if he can get you a deal on a bunch of hookahs together, its not every day that a vendor sells 20-30 hookahs in one order
-matt
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I already have a supplier for the myas, I can order as little or as many as I need.

I plan to use the orb and the cosmos (acrylic bases) for my main hookah to rent out, keep a few myas up near the bar, and use the one I linked in my last post for the vip areas, or offer them for an extra $2 or something.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
dark2light2
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to dark2light2

I dunno man... the biggest turnoff I have going to lounges is when they use myas.

Try to look at a lounge as an extension of ones personal smoking experience at home.

I don't think you're going to be breaking too many glass vases if you put carpet down...

I'd use like Mya Diva's for the bar... and maybe 50/50 mix of Syrians and KM's.

Even if the price is more, people will respect that you have the best hookahs on the block.

Me and my buddies pick our hookah bars not always based on the environment. We'd much rather have a better smoke then some shitty pumpkin at a local cafe.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:57 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark2light2 View Post
I dunno man... the biggest turnoff I have going to lounges is when they use myas.

Try to look at a lounge as an extension of ones personal smoking experience at home.

I don't think you're going to be breaking too many glass vases if you put carpet down...

I'd use like Mya Diva's for the bar... and maybe 50/50 mix of Syrians and KM's.

Even if the price is more, people will respect that you have the best hookahs on the block.

Me and my buddies pick our hookah bars not always based on the environment. We'd much rather have a better smoke then some shitty pumpkin at a local cafe.
I wish I could send out glass bases and beautiful KMs syrians etc... but to the down right truth... people in society could careless about if they break my stuff... look at a public bathroom... how many people piss all over the floor... would they do that at home? Same thing goes for hookahs... I have very nice and expensive pieces at my house because I respect my things.. but people (im not saying all people, just those who generally come to a lounge) dont give a shit about my things. If a hookah falls off the table because people are stupid and go "I didnt do it" blah blah blah... From a lounge owners point of view its about getting a good smoke and using a hookah that is, how should I say, cost effcient yet very durable.. my spelling is terrible... but can you understand what I mean? For us on hookahpro... we love hookahs, we respect them etc... but for a person who just "wants to smoke" they dont care.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:28 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

honestly an acrylic base doesnt bother me, base shape/size is the important thing to me in smoke quality not if tis glass or acrylic. like wonderland said, people dont care about stuff but i will add people as a whole are generally not smart when in a crowd in doing something they do not know in depth. look how many people just grab a hookah any old way when moving it as an example.

frankly i dont want to have to deal with broken glass at a lounge, i dont care about cleaning up broken glass in fact i do it 4 days a week in the glass studio so im not worried about my self im worried about the idiots that dont know how to deal with it.

and as to using carpet, that is just asking for a mess. you cannot just mop a carpet floor, you have to steam clean it. none of the lounges ive been to have carpet, vases still rarely get broken but i think carpet in a lounge is a pretty bad idea

-matt
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:49 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:

That seems very similar to the paragon i got, it looks so beautiful with a black vase, but the thing dont smoke as well as my cheap chinese hookah, and i tried everything, and i know how to set up a hookah.

And carpets ain't a good idea, the amount of times i have seen coals dropped in my own house, and i'm trying not to, imagine people who don't care.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:31 AM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

if you go with something other than myas, prepare to replace some hookahs in your business, plain and simple. i'd suggest putting a couple cameras up. if you don't feel like going professional with security you can buy personal security cameras that run via usb or something that connects to a tv to record like this:
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...VID&cpc=VIDbsc

alright i'm getting nerdy. sorry i'm in networks class :P
anyway, our local hookah bar started out with myas, and then moved to generic Egyptians, but he is starting to phase out his Egyptians with more myas again.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:02 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I actually already have a security system, I got it at a garage sale, it came with 4 cameras, and 500ft of wiring, and a TV that records 24hr of video. It was only $40!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

KM... It is considered the Heavy Duty Hookah

If you need any info just pm me I basically run a Hookah Lounge by myself here in Tempe,A Z
Old February 4th, 2009, 02:32 AM
EmpireHookah
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EmpireHookah

We use KM's here as well.
Old February 4th, 2009, 07:13 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Where can I get them at wholesale cost? Thanks.

I am not sure if I want to use the acrylic myas or not, I might just use the taverna.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook