Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik
Exclamation Re: Walmart???

Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
to main stream for me, and plus all Chinese crap most likely. then you have to think of all the great vendors like john and mahir that will go out of business, and a economy today that it is isnt good.

not true! John can sell Walmart his Magic ******* HOOKAH COALS and make pr0fit mass produce dat shit! lollol
Old January 30th, 2009, 02:48 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: Walmart???

Living here in nyc i never experienced a walmart ..believe it or not. But as a consumer, if I knew they were providing kms, mz, and other quality hookahs and quality shisha I think it would be a great idea.. why spend more when some one has it cheaper? But if they provided cheap chinese crap along with shitty shisha then nooo thank you.
[ Twitter ] - twitter.com/tonyaldo
[ Facebook ] - facebook.com/aldorasi
[ Blog ] - tonyaldo.com
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Hookah Master
Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Its funny you mentioned this, as someone asked a question about dubai yesterday, and i remembered that the supermarket had a aisle full of AF products, a whole row of flavours and coals and hookahs.

It would be pretty cool having a supermarket having hookah related products
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Hookah Newbie

Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
that would be awesome cause wal mart is the only place in my town to buy well anything except fast food
theres a mc donalds inside a wal mart 15 minutes away from me, and a wendys 2 minutes away from wal mart where i live. haha
Old January 30th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Hookah Pro

bad bad bad and must i say it again bad idea wall-mart is a terrible place you know they dug up a Hawaiian burial ground just to put a store there
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:46 AM
Hookah Master

For the people that think places like Target are so much better than walmart....that is all media bullshit. Places like target are just as bad if not worse on the corporate level and on the store-to-store level.

I worked there for almost three years and I could go on forever about how shit they are.

Just a few quick examples....people like target better they donate all this money to the united way, when in reality that money comes from target employees paychecks and target tricks you into donating it, when you first get your job there they ask you to fill out a form and they say "how much would u ilke to donate to the united way this year? we will deduct it form your paycheck" First off, its not THIS YEAR, it is EVERY PAYCHECK, it says this in fine print, but the dumbass they hire don't know better, so anyway people will put down like 50$, but if you are working part time 15 hours/week for 8 dollars an hour that is HALF YOUR PAYCHECK, i know a lot of people who made this mistake and it took months to process to get this fixed, also the united way is a very corrupt organization but i wont go into that....

if i had gotten my exact job at walmart i would have made 75 cents an hour more

i made more than one of my friends who worked his job for 5 years because they bump up the starting pay for the basic jobs every so often for inflation but then don't let you keep your old raises that you get each year depending on your rating, essentially making them worthless.

target merchandise and walmart merchandise come from the same exact place, why do people think target is so much better? its cause walmart is cheaper so lower class peopel shop there and so it looks worse....i had my crumbyass target 10% discount and still bought everything at walmart, cause it was cheaper and i felt better knowing i wasnt supporting the evil red empire i worked for.

another thing for you environmentalists out there ( im not one but meh ... )
when i worked at target i worked logistics and as a closer i had to finish up the backroom trash which involved using a baler to bale all the cardboard....well for months my target had a broken baler so we just had dumpsters come ever night...like 2 40 foot dumpsters come for us to drop our cardboard in to be taken to the dump....it took months months of not recycling that cardboard.....you guys probably don't realize how much cardboard they generate a day....we are talking metric tons

anyway sorry for the rant and thread jack, but it annoys me when people crap on walmart claiming other stores are better...as if target doesnt want to put mom and pop stores out of business too.
Old January 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
Hookah Pro
Send a message via AIM to Fezzik Send a message via Yahoo to Fezzik

They wouldn't sell KM's or MZ's they might sell Nours and Myas possibly Sahara hookahs. They really wouldn't sell anything that wasn't mass produced in a factory. They wouldn't sell hand made stuff they couldn't stock it. I could see them carrying Shisha tobacco and maybe coals but whatever brands they carried might have to lower quality to keep up. So Al Fakher maybe. LOL. It won't ever happen but who knows in the 80's I never thought I would see skateboards in Walmart.
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:04 PM
Hookah Nut

Walmart sucks I hate it.
Old January 30th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hookah Pro

I live currently in the city that's the corporate world headquarters of walmart as q paralegal and corporate buyer There's10 stores in the area that are all super centers that are all 24 hours. I think I'd love to be able to get coals at 2 am from anywhere.

Walmart built thiscity and although I find it boring (back to Boston soon Yayyy) it's good for what it provides to the community.

Hmm the guy three desks over does the tobacco products, I could ask him and get shisha in stores worldwide in 6 months.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook