Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why I love Tangiers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Default Re: Why I love Tangiers

I enjoyed horchata.
I never got flavor out of cocoa, noir or lucid.
Peach Iced tea was good sometimes.
Mimon was too harsh for a long smoke. Good in moderation.

Yes I acclimate. Yes I use a funnel. Yes i have tried every method fro scoop tot he pick and drop. I had the most success with just packing it with a fork. I have tried every variation with every flavor and have always had varied results. Consistency is key to me. Tangiers is not amazing enough to make up for the lack of consistent good sessions. I am not saying that the product is fluctuating but it is too touchy on a day to day basis here in MA where the weather and humidity fluctuate constantly. Also some like cocoa never worked for me beyond the faintest hint of cocoa powder that I may have imagined.

I will continue to buy flavors of Tangiers that interst me but only once in a while.

I like some tangiers but I agree that it's hyped. I know that some people get great results and some get terrible. I have experienced both first hand and the great has been in the minority. I always had great hopes but that wow factor was the same as other brands when it was present.

I should pick up some horchata.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:57 PM
Gunslinger09
Hookah Nut

Damn I dont know weather to try it or run like hell with all of these different posts
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Hey Zensilk! Thanks for starting up this post!!!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

WOW this thread is getting violent with all the !!! and CAPs. But that is why i do video reviews =] to tell people how i feel about what i just bought from hookah-life for 9 dollars. EAT IT haters j/k. Ill post a video review of all 3 tangiers flavors i bought when i find a place to do it.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:42 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

this thread is hilarious. i didn't really want to post in it, since nothing positive for me would have resulted but i couldn't resist.

an honest question to the mods: is there some sort of personal vendetta against eric?

it seems that following the response to people's comments: anyone who supports tangiers, likes it, or even smokes it gets thrown into the easily dismissable fanboy group. the fanboy group gets turned into "secret spies" who don't really smoke tangiers but promote it secretly for great $$ and success. no one really likes tangiers, its all a lie. the phunnel bowl, its a gimmick to steal your money, the tobacco, its plastic! not even real! anyone who likes tangiers too much is a communist, a liar, a thief, a whore...not to mention will be attacked in every thread he posts (even if its a I LOVE TANGIERS thread!)

when someone makes a nakhla appreciation thread, no mod says why was this thread made...

when someone makes a hookah-hookah thread, no mod says why was this thread made...

as soon as its tangiers, the mods fight you over it. i get it, you guys hate it, you have a right to hate it, thats fine however i dont go into every hookah-hookah/nakhla thread and pick fights with the people who post in it.

if i did, you would ban me. this is rude and to me, beyond logical comprehension.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:47 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
an honest question to the mods: is there some sort of personal vendetta against eric?
Before I even read the rest of your post .. I will answer on this!

Absolutely NOT .. I just don't like the tobacco, it is just my opinion! Don't take it personally! But with the amount of NEGATIVE experiences I have had, and the mixed reviews of IT IS HEAVEN or it is BBQ .. this is one I feel I need to voice my opinion on! I always provide honest opinions ..

When I first started and got BBQ flavored Watermelon .. it really urked me. I just cannot sit back and not speak up about this .. sorry! I can't do that ..

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Man this thread is starting to get some peoples dander up! I think some people are taking some comments the wrong way, and some are being a tad assertive with their comments. Lets take a breather folks and come back to this later? LOL
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:03 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

and it is not just ONE experience, it is numerous ..

I am about annoyed with this whole thing .. you are absolutely correct! It always seems to turn into this .. and I never see this type of display of love/hate for any other brand of tobacco ..

I can highly recommend a site that you can go to that is majority wise a Tangiers forum? PM me and I will get you the link .. They answer lots of questions (the same questions on a daily bases) and you can participate in displaying your undying love and devotion to Tangiers It would probably be a perfect fit, especially for the "Live Tangiers or Die" fans ..

.. and for the record, you guys that NEVER get a BBQ flavor!? Are REALLY REALLY REALLY Lucky! Let me know who your vendor is, I would like to order from them when I decide to give one more flavor a chance .. Thanks!
(Yes I will be giving one more additional flavor a chance ... along with the K-Peach I have at home and Juicy Peach, Kiwi and Vanilla)

Cheers!

Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:07 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Scoop scoop scoop, your assesment is wrong. I like Tangiers, as a matter of fact I love it. I only questioned why this post was made in the first place as there hasent been a Tangiers discussion in a while here and it appeared that Zensilk was trying to defend the tobacco. Why? Thats all I asked. It appeared the post was made in response to a thread elsewhere. As a matter of fact, there are tons of threads here bashing AF and no one gets banned or anything for voicing their opinion. As a matter of fact I cannot remember anyone ever getting banned for voicing their opinion on a product at this forum. Thats just how we roll.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:09 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
when someone makes a nakhla appreciation thread, no mod says why was this thread made...

when someone makes a hookah-hookah thread, no mod says why was this thread made...
Find me a Nakhla or Hookah Hookah appreciation thread that says anything like this in it...

"Don't bash a product for needing a process to be enjoyed, or because you can't handle smoking it. Tangiers tobacco should get the respect it deserves, and smoking it is all based on the process! if you don't want to go through that process, don't, but keep your hateful remarks to yourself por favor."

You can look but you won't find one. Never once has anyone ever said "Don't bash Nakhla or Hookah Hookah because you can't handle smoking it." No one has said "Keep your hateful remarks about Hookah Hookah or Nakhla to yourself".

I always see certain tactics being used. You act like we censor people.

"i dont go into every hookah-hookah/nakhla thread and pick fights with the people who post in it.

if i did, you would ban me."

Not true. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as it's done in a respectful manner. No one has ever been banned here for something that petty. Tell the truth man.

If you can say that Tangiers is the greatest, bestest amazingest zomgodest tobacco ever, then we can say we don't agree. To ask us to keep our comments to ourselves is also a form of censorship.

Edit: Looks like Sambooka and Husky were posting the same time I was. LOL

Last edited by Dunkel; February 3rd, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:13 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

1 more thing.......Hookah Pro does not endorse or condemn a product unless it is against our rules ie NHT items. The mods and admin do not have a stake in a company or a product line so everything you read from a mod or the admin is their own personal opinion and should be taken as such. We built this community that way for a purpose, do not be afraid to voice your opinion as we are not afraid to voice ours. As long as its a civil discussion you are entitled to your opinion and you will not get banned for liking or disliking a product...Period!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:31 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
and it is not just ONE experience, it is numerous ..

I am about annoyed with this whole thing .. you are absolutely correct! It always seems to turn into this .. and I never see this type of display of love/hate for any other brand of tobacco ..

I can highly recommend a site that you can go to that is majority wise a Tangiers forum? PM me and I will get you the link .. They answer lots of questions (the same questions on a daily bases) and you can participate in displaying your undying love and devotion to Tangiers It would probably be a perfect fit, especially for the "Live Tangiers or Die" fans ..

.. and for the record, you guys that NEVER get a BBQ flavor!? Are REALLY REALLY REALLY Lucky! Let me know who your vendor is, I would like to order from them when I decide to give one more flavor a chance .. Thanks!
(Yes I will be giving one more additional flavor a chance ... along with the K-Peach I have at home and Juicy Peach, Kiwi and Vanilla)

Cheers!
the only time ive had BBQ was when i left some sitting for a month or 2 and didnt open it but it went away pretty fast one aired out. i never get the burnt taste or the bbq but i will get a slightly off weirdness to it come times, it might just be that its not my bag or something idk. its not my go to smoke but there are plenty of other stuff i would refuse to smoke before i refused tangiers

-matt
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

I thought we were talking about Tangiers Noir flavors .... !!!!

I tried Lucid flavors and they are OK .... but Noir flavors are really overrated .... I tried all methods posted on the internet and I couldn't get it right ....
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:06 PM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

This is the best thread I have ever read and commented on on this site. It was like an actual debate lol and I love it... I know we all may get a lil heated at times and whatnot but this is great lol. Sorry, I just think that this shows we actually have great opinions... Its not just a simple "how do I get smoke" this thread was a damn debate that should have been televised on NBC lol. I love this site!... Thanks Zen for making this... Although I also though it was noir style since lucid isnt the tricky one.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:16 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

hey u got to love that we are a community that feels strongly for and against certain brands it just shows how passionate we are about hookah
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:26 PM
Petervonstubb
Hookah Newbie

[FONT=Verdana]My turn, and yes just my opinion not fact or gospel on Noir Tangiers.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I keep seeing, "itís over rated". I don't really get this. It seems more like a love hate thing. It appears it's close to split on this thread. The reviews section will probably show this too. To me this doesn't equal over rated. I suppose if you hated it and couldnít fathom how others might possible enjoy it, you might say it was over rated but statistically itís not. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Itís defiantly a unique product. Tangiers is one of a kind and I donít know of anything out there like it. So I totally understand why the views are polarized on this. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Personally I enjoy it. I wouldnít say itís the best thing ever, but when Iím in the mood itís a good change and a solid product. Iíve had just ok smokes and great smokes from it. Iíve never had a BBQ taste. However, I have had a robust spicy tobacco flavor in just about every bowl and sometimes itís stronger depending on my setup and heat management. I wonder if thatís what people taste when they say, ďBBQ flavorĒ?[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]On the flip side, there are a ridiculous amount of topics on how to smoke it. Come on people itís just tobacco! Itís not some sort of Zen state you have reach. I donít get people saying you are smoking wrong if you donít like it. If you have followed the directions on the pack and you still donít like it, itís just not your cup of tea. Leave it alone and move on! It really isnít too hard or different than anything else out there. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Luckily I live in CO where the humidity hardly changes. But if I did live in a location where the humidity was volatile Iíd probably never smoke the stuff. It would be too much hassle and just not worth it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]I suppose in the end, Noir Tangiers is just a robust unwashed full flavored tobacco with flavoring added (I know more goes into it). Thatís what they were going for and thatís what they got. Like most unique different things there are going to be people on both sides. I can defiantly understand why some people out there hate it. Itís not for everyone and I have friends I would never recommend it to or have them try it because I know they wouldnít like it.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Itís like thisÖ Some people like a weak light beer some like a robust dark, but if you are like me you can enjoy everything across the board for what it is (Brewing is another one of my passion). That doesnít mean crap or flavors I donít like arenít out there, because they are. However I donít feel Tangiers as a whole fits into the crap category. I personally give them props for doing something different and having a unique product that I can enjoy.[/FONT]
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:27 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
hey u got to love that we are a community that feels strongly for and against certain brands it just shows how passionate we are about hookah

So true! I thought it was pretty civil, people have their passions and thats great. I hope there are no hard feelings, I didnt think it was really that heated. I have seen much worse.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 04:05 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

petervonstubb, great assessment of the situation.

i really think for those of us in volatile climates you need to get it, open it (it probably will be close to the right flavor) and then smoke it pretty soon after opening or else you have a high chance of it going bad. the local lounge that serves it always has good flavor and smokes well, i never get it as good when pack it at home (more of the tingle, but i have also been using natural coals so i may notice it now since the lounge uses QLs and i havent smoked there for a while). but they also go through it by the kilo

just chalk it up to how people view black style tobaccos, either you like it or you dont, you smoke it or you never touch it

-matt
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:34 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Hey Zensilk! Thanks for starting up this post!!!
Was that sarcasm?

Anyways, this was just about Tangier sin general. I like it. I am comparing it to cigars and pipes.

That's it.

You guys can make out what you want, honestly.

ha sorry...

Last edited by ZenSilk; February 3rd, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:09 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Was that sarcasm?
LOL! YES! It was oozing sarcasm out the side of your computer monitor! There was so much sarcasm I am surprised you didn't smell it!?? If you look out your window you can probably see a cloud of sarcasm spreading across the sky! Run! Run to the mountains!!

LOL .. still my friend though .. it's all good

Cheers!

Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

You make me very sad.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:12 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Lol, I said you are still my friend .. just busting on ya ..

Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:14 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

lol jeez, don't be so serial.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:15 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

hey this is super serial here.

No, you know what, i'm super duper serial now.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i like tangiers lucid, but nakhla is so consistent, i love it.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook