Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Why I love Tangiers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:18 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Why I love Tangiers

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
i like tangiers lucid, but nakhla is so consistent, i love it.
Yes! Very consistent! I think I am going to smoke some tonight! Sweet Melon .. mmmmmm!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:47 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

I'm jumping in this late.

1st off. I don't remember who said it but none of the mods here have anything against Eric aka tangiers! He's a super cool guy that is very friendly and very helpful. You can kill a good hour on the phone talking to him because he's just that nice. (Which I have....)

I thought this post was about noir as well, because from all the reviews I've read that Lucid was not a finiky...... Which is a good thing.

I personally don't like the Noir line. I can't handle it. I can't handle nakhla either so take it with a grain of salt. I don't like them because they make me feel sick and give harsh "buzzes" and I don't like that. I also didn't like the fact that in florida it's super humid here and tangiers goes through humidity shock and smells like BBQ. I gave buddy some of my tangiers to smoke one time because no matter what i did or how long I acclimate it, it NEVER got rid of the smell and was completely unsmokeable.

This situtation happened to me 3 different times w/ three different flavors trying to see if the buzz was w/ all 3 and the issues as well. Since then I have refused to spend money on something that I have personally been unable to get to smoke properly. And that's with the correct tools/ and guides and how to's.

I will try the lucid line. That is something I am looking forward to when I get a chance and get some more money.

Like I said, no problem with eric, just can't smoke his Noir line. Everyone has their opinions, they're like ***holes everyone has one....

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:51 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i had some tangiers tonight after all the talk, had not smoked any for probably over a month or so and i packed up lime with a little clove mixed in, it was pretty nice the clove knocked out the excessive sweetness i had been experiencing lately with it and did not get much of a tickle at all.

i agree tangiers is kinda finicky but when i can get it going well i like it, just not an every day smoke, but it sure does last a long time in a phunnel, given there is a lot of tobacco in there when you pack it "correctly" but what ever

-matt
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
highlight
Hookah Nut

Don't underestimate the peach iced tea, pretty darn good. No mentions of horchata as a gr8 smoke. One of my faves.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:08 PM
mitchard
Banned

Horchata was a bit much for me at first. I "traded" it, and after smoking the last bit I had left I regretted it. I will probably order some more sometime soon. I'll probably grab a couple kilos of Tangiers when my tax return gets back. I'll be set for awhile

I am excited for the peach iced tea to get here tomorrow. I am hoping it will acclimate while i'm at work and be ready for me when I get home.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I don't think that setting up Tangiers is any big deal. I just acclimate it for a few hour the first time I open the bag and then I "fluff pack it into a funnel or vortex. That is it. It's easy. I don't think it's a particularly strong product but then I smoke tombac and plain DM all the time I may be calibrated differently the most.

Anyway, the taste is unique in that the tobacco and fruit flavours are a bit different then anything else on the market. Personally I think it's pretty good as an alternative to what I normally smoke. The fruit flavours are pretty realistic and the tobacco better then most of whats on the market. The cut is great and it's not too wet. I don't really see anything to complain about.

Is it the best thing i've smoked? Not by a long shot. Is it better then the vast majority of what is on the market? Certainly. The price is very good and so I find it a very good product.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:46 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

Just smoked my first bowl of tangiers lucid. Blue Gumball. Liked it the first go around, loved it by the 2nd.
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:33 AM
mitchard
Banned

The blueberry is officially my favorite flavor.
Old February 6th, 2009, 08:10 AM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Tangiers is fantastic. The Melon Blend *OMGYUM*.

Yay Tangiers.
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:00 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Find me a Nakhla or Hookah Hookah appreciation thread that says anything like this in it...

"Don't bash a product for needing a process to be enjoyed, or because you can't handle smoking it. Tangiers tobacco should get the respect it deserves, and smoking it is all based on the process! if you don't want to go through that process, don't, but keep your hateful remarks to yourself por favor."

You can look but you won't find one. Never once has anyone ever said "Don't bash Nakhla or Hookah Hookah because you can't handle smoking it." No one has said "Keep your hateful remarks about Hookah Hookah or Nakhla to yourself".

I always see certain tactics being used. You act like we censor people.

"i dont go into every hookah-hookah/nakhla thread and pick fights with the people who post in it.

if i did, you would ban me."

Not true. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion as long as it's done in a respectful manner. No one has ever been banned here for something that petty. Tell the truth man.

If you can say that Tangiers is the greatest, bestest amazingest zomgodest tobacco ever, then we can say we don't agree. To ask us to keep our comments to ourselves is also a form of censorship.

Edit: Looks like Sambooka and Husky were posting the same time I was. LOL
Dunk, I said not to bash it for needing a process or because you can't handle it, and that's literally what I meant. I think you are misinterpreting it a bit.

Sambooka has said himself he just doesn't like it, he has tried and tried and it just doesn't work out well in the end. He doesn't like the tobacco because it never acclimates for him. He doesn't go around bashing the product saying it's too much work or "the clouds are good but it always tingles my throat!". He says he doesn't like it because after a ton of batches, he has never, once, recieved a smokeable batch.

His reason for disliking tangiers is a legitimate one, and he's not saying he hates it based on the fact that it takes too long or it's tingly.

That's what i meant by the quoted post.

It's like the reason everyone hates Epic: because it truly sucks. That's how Sambooka feels towards Tangiers and he has all the reason to.

And just to everyone: Everybody is a Fanboy of something.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Wink Re: Why I love Tangiers

I don't get why acclimation is such a big deal. With Tangiers I just open the bag and leave it that way for a few hours before I smoke the first time. I suppose if you can't get something to acclimate at all that is problem. I don't think that it's any big deal to prepare Zaghloul, DM or what ever since the extra 5 minutes of prep time is for an hour+ session. Still, some people want the minium hassle and to get smoking as fast a possible and most moassels do that.

In the end we all have different ideas about what consitutes a good smoke. Since even I can accept SB fans (with difficulty I admit) i'd say we all should realize that a big part of a forum is having wild fans/haters of different products. I can't see having a forum where I can't rave about DM/Salloum/Afzal Paan so clearly the H-H or Nakhla fans need to have their say say as well. About the only think I can't imagine is fans of Epic or King Moassel existing as that stuff is so horrid.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:31 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Wait so are you saying that it's not ok to dislike something because it is unpleasant to smoke for you? If I smoke something and it is a consistently unpleasant and unrelaxing smoke I am not going to like it and I am going to say so publicly. Unless I were to lie about a product I would be totally justified in saying that in my expereince it is not a good product.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Wait so are you saying that it's not ok to dislike something because it is unpleasant to smoke for you? If I smoke something and it is a consistently unpleasant and unrelaxing smoke I am not going to like it and I am going to say so publicly. Unless I were to lie about a product I would be totally justified in saying that in my expereince it is not a good product.
people were getting onto others because their reasoning of why they dislike tangiers, because they were disliking it because how it has to be set up as apposed to it smoking bad.

-matt
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
No, i'd say it's fine to dislike something you find consistently unpleasant and relaxing provided you've given setting it up right a good try. After all everything requires a little bit of fine tuning to give the best possible session. If someone doesn't want to bother learning how to set up a particular brand that is alright as well although I don't think i'd value that person's opinion on a brand they don't understand.

Tangiers isn't for everyone and since experienced and open minded folks like KK, Lak and Dunk (and lots of others) don't like it I can accept that as an informed descision.

About the only thing I simply can't fathom is how anyone could enjoy Epic or King Moassel although in all honesty I can't say i've ever spoken to anyone that didn't work for those firms that claimed to like them.
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
No, i'd say it's fine to dislike something you find consistently unpleasant and relaxing provided you've given setting it up right a good try. After all everything requires a little bit of fine tuning to give the best possible session. If someone doesn't want to bother learning how to set up a particular brand that is alright as well although I don't think i'd value that person's opinion on a brand they don't understand.

Tangiers isn't for everyone and since experienced and open minded folks like KK, Lak and Dunk (and lots of others) don't like it I can accept that as an informed descision.

About the only thing I simply can't fathom is how anyone could enjoy Epic or King Moassel although in all honesty I can't say i've ever spoken to anyone that didn't work for those firms that claimed to like them.
Precisely Hajo!!
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I've tried King Moassel and In my opinion that sucked too! Haven't tried Epic yet ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:30 PM
dragonman586
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I don't get why acclimation is such a big deal. With Tangiers I just open the bag and leave it that way for a few hours before I smoke the first time. I suppose if you can't get something to acclimate at all that is problem. I don't think that it's any big deal to prepare Zaghloul, DM or what ever since the extra 5 minutes of prep time is for an hour+ session. Still, some people want the minium hassle and to get smoking as fast a possible and most moassels do that.

In the end we all have different ideas about what consitutes a good smoke. Since even I can accept SB fans (with difficulty I admit) i'd say we all should realize that a big part of a forum is having wild fans/haters of different products. I can't see having a forum where I can't rave about DM/Salloum/Afzal Paan so clearly the H-H or Nakhla fans need to have their say say as well. About the only think I can't imagine is fans of Epic or King Moassel existing as that stuff is so horrid.

<threadjack>
Hajo you like Afzal Paan? I LOVE THE STUFF! Did you try the Bombay Paan Masala or the Paan Rasna?
</threadjack>

Its nice to see some more people in this thread that enjoy Tangy! I admit it took me a while to get it right but it was well worth it in my opinion.
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:16 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

"let me tell u what is boring ... when I spend three days acclimating Tangiers and I get the same shitty BBQ taste just because the producer doesn't know ho to make decent shisha ...

and you know what is boring also, when the producer of Tangiers blame the customers for his crappy products
"

This was in another thread, this is a good example of one of the reasons I started this thread. Completely false accusations. Eris has never, ever done that; it's the reason he puts his phone number on the package, and also instructions on acclimating and troubleshooting.
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
"let me tell u what is boring ... when I spend three days acclimating Tangiers and I get the same shitty BBQ taste just because the producer doesn't know ho to make decent shisha ...

and you know what is boring also, when the producer of Tangiers blame the customers for his crappy products
"

This was in another thread, this is a good example of one of the reasons I started this thread. Completely false accusations. Eris has never, ever done that; it's the reason he puts his phone number on the package, and also instructions on acclimating and troubleshooting.
also when i called eric 2 or 3 times about my tangiers that wouldnt acclimate (or seemed like it wouldnt) the only blame that was put on anyone/thing was the humidity of my area. he gave me many many ideas how to get it to work and i think i just messed up the bags of it, from my experience acclimating is much less and easier than i expected it to be ( at least when i got more tangiers it was 30 mins and even that wasnt really needed)

-matt
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Sambooka has said himself he just doesn't like it, he has tried and tried and it just doesn't work out well in the end. He doesn't like the tobacco because it never acclimates for him. He doesn't go around bashing the product saying it's too much work or "the clouds are good but it always tingles my throat!". He says he doesn't like it because after a ton of batches, he has never, once, recieved a smokeable batch.

His reason for disliking tangiers is a legitimate one, and he's not saying he hates it based on the fact that it takes too long or it's tingly.
I guess no one remembers my posts about disliking Tangiers for the same reason Sambooka listed. I dislike Tangiers becase 3 of the 5 flavors I tried smelled like Bar b que and no matter how much acclimation was given nothing changed. The other 2 didn't stink of Bar b que but they smelled off. When they were acclimated they smelled like the flavors were supposed to I guess. I packed and foiled them in a funnel bowl per instructional tutorials and the flavors were lacking. I don't like it because if 5 different flavors weren't good. In fact they sucked.

It was mentioned that Tangiers doesn't advertise and is sold by word of mouth. I honestly believe that's true. Why else would there be so many cheerleaders?
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:32 PM
ToncSTAR
Hookah Newbie

for anyone that doesnt like to be bothered with acclimating it, try the lucid. i opened mines up out of the box it came in, packed a bowl, smoked perfectly. no bbq taste, awesome flavor (horchata), and little/no buzz.

i tried the noir line once (blue gumball), and it did taste like bbq sauce to me. even after 48 hours of acclimation.
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:24 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I guess no one remembers my posts about disliking Tangiers for the same reason Sambooka listed. I dislike Tangiers becase 3 of the 5 flavors I tried smelled like Bar b que and no matter how much acclimation was given nothing changed. The other 2 didn't stink of Bar b que but they smelled off. When they were acclimated they smelled like the flavors were supposed to I guess. I packed and foiled them in a funnel bowl per instructional tutorials and the flavors were lacking. I don't like it because if 5 different flavors weren't good. In fact they sucked.

It was mentioned that Tangiers doesn't advertise and is sold by word of mouth. I honestly believe that's true. Why else would there be so many cheerleaders?
Then you, Dunk, have all the reason to hate it just as much as Sambooka!

At least you try man.
Old February 9th, 2009, 12:23 AM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToncSTAR View Post
for anyone that doesnt like to be bothered with acclimating it, try the lucid. i opened mines up out of the box it came in, packed a bowl, smoked perfectly. no bbq taste, awesome flavor (horchata), and little/no buzz.

i tried the noir line once (blue gumball), and it did taste like bbq sauce to me. even after 48 hours of acclimation.
i just tried horchata today and man that stuff is amazing! one of my favorite smokes for certain. my noir watermelon still smells like death though. but after acclimating some it's inching towards that watermelon smell....i think :P
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:35 AM
TigerLord
Hookah Newbie

I wonder if anyone that isn't a cigarette smoker enjoys Tangiers?

The reason I am asking is because I never smoked cigarette and always enjoyed the strong fruity tobbaco and sometimes the weirder kinds.

I loved AF Cafe Latte, hated AF Cinnamon mixed with anything. Loved Fantasia Raspberry Lemonade or Nahkla Peach. However I tried Tangiers K-Peach, K-Cherry, Maraschino Cherry, Blueberry and I never got a strong flavor. Tried all sort of packing methods in my glass phunnel, tried with egyptian bowl, foil and glass screen...

Then I noticed most people saying they loved Tangier (and spicy stuff like K-Peach) were cigarette smokers according to their other posts. Tangier has never had for me, a very strong flavor.

So I thought to myself, perhaps the cig smokers with anhilated taste buds from smoking one pack a day enjoy it because it's subtle compared to overpowering flavors?

Just a thought...
Old February 9th, 2009, 02:47 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLord View Post
I wonder if anyone that isn't a cigarette smoker enjoys Tangiers?

The reason I am asking is because I never smoked cigarette and always enjoyed the strong fruity tobbaco and sometimes the weirder kinds.

I loved AF Cafe Latte, hated AF Cinnamon mixed with anything. Loved Fantasia Raspberry Lemonade or Nahkla Peach. However I tried Tangiers K-Peach, K-Cherry, Maraschino Cherry, Blueberry and I never got a strong flavor. Tried all sort of packing methods in my glass phunnel, tried with egyptian bowl, foil and glass screen...

Then I noticed most people saying they loved Tangier (and spicy stuff like K-Peach) were cigarette smokers according to their other posts. Tangier has never had for me, a very strong flavor.

So I thought to myself, perhaps the cig smokers with anhilated taste buds from smoking one pack a day enjoy it because it's subtle compared to overpowering flavors?

Just a thought...
Interesting thought... maybe we should have a poll... hrmmm i smoke cigs every blue moon... but i still love tangiers... hrmm
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook