Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Wetting agent (magic honey mix) in USA

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 2nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

Default Wetting agent (magic honey mix) in USA

Sometimes I buy clearance items only which usuallly means that the packages have been broken and therefore alot of the moisture and setting agent (honey,glycerin, mollasses) leaving it dry. Where can I buy magic Honey Mix by Bahrain in the US? or some other type of wetting agent? Or should I even bother...?
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:07 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 1lowtoy Send a message via Yahoo to 1lowtoy
Default Re: Wetting agent (magic honey mix) in USA

i get my glycerin from a local health food shop its made by now foods and it 100% food grade sweetining glycerin im sure you could mix it just fine with a little honey and get what you need.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 07:56 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Yeah glycerin will do the trick just great. BUT! You really have to buy vegetable glycerin, i bought a bottle of glycerin from my local pharmacy that wasn't vegetable glycerin and it tastes like plastic and probably isn't even safe to smoke with, had to toss it after 2 puffs trying it.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

go to any health food store i go to my local Health Kick and ask for vegitable glycerian its used for many thinkgs like moisturizers and Low-Gylcemic sweetner for foods and such so its 100% pure. pure vegtiable glycerin is very sweet on its own so I think you wont need any honey added but i may be wrong. the bottle i get is quite large 16 Fl oz, and per fluid ounce way cheaper than what you get at most pharmices. or you can order it on line from any one who caries NOW Foods and health care products mine comes in a translucent purple bottle with oarnge-ish label and is great to add to dry shisha. Ive included a picture of it. If any one would like i can see if i can get more you would have to pay for the bottle of glycerin and shipping if you can find it on your own. PM me if any one would be interested or i will take fare trades for shisha. This glycerin is $9.99 a bottle but proably inflated from internet pricing but its a very large bottle and will last forever. like i said its 16 fluid oz. thought this might help.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1741.jpg   DSCN1740.jpg  

Last edited by 1lowtoy; February 2nd, 2009 at 09:09 PM.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

i usually just use some honey when my shisha is is too dry...
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:17 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundle View Post
Sometimes I buy clearance items only which usuallly means that the packages have been broken and therefore alot of the moisture and setting agent (honey,glycerin, mollasses) leaving it dry. Where can I buy magic Honey Mix by Bahrain in the US? or some other type of wetting agent? Or should I even bother...?
In the US you have to make your own using glycerin and honey. There are no specific wetting agents I know of available here, such as Magic Honey Mix, or Mola Mix (I bought from Germany).
Old February 2nd, 2009, 09:18 PM
1lowtoy
Hookah Nut

glycerin makes much better clouds but if you just want to wet it and dont mind some honey over tones it works great but i honestly dislike the tast of honey unless its masked very well.
Old February 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

glycerine and honey/molasses works the same and is cheaper on uber uber dry black style shisha that has been sitting for a long time you use like 1/4 tsp of glycerine and 1/8 tsp of molasses and that gets it plenty moist. a few drops of glycerine and a touch of honey/molasses will do the trick.

you should get edible vegetable glycerine, the topical glycerine is not "food grade" but i used some from rite aid and it was fine, i did how ever only use it once to be safe and got some food safe glycerin.
-matt
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:55 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

I could get you some Magic Honey Mix or MolaMix here in Germany and ship it to the US.
These wetting agents are just aviable here in Europe, especially in Germany. http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,sh...232635125,.htm
Old February 3rd, 2009, 08:16 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
I could get you some Magic Honey Mix or MolaMix here in Germany and ship it to the US.
These wetting agents are just aviable here in Europe, especially in Germany. http://www.shisha-world.com/lshop,sh...232635125,.htm
10 ml to 50 g of shisha?!? i didnt even put 4 ml of glycerine and molasses on my black style tobacco that was really dried out. i know the german stuff is dry but is it to the point you touch it and dont have anything on your fingers?
-matt
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
10 ml to 50 g of shisha?!? i didnt even put 4 ml of glycerine and molasses on my black style tobacco that was really dried out. i know the german stuff is dry but is it to the point you touch it and dont have anything on your fingers?
-matt
yes, it is that dry. tobacco in the USA has about 20-30% of molasses/glycerine. tobacco here cant have more than 5%. so it is totally dry, like normal pipe tobacco. for 50g of "wet" nakhla, i used about 5ml (maybe), so you dont need 10ml for 50g, if you dont have german shisha
Old February 3rd, 2009, 05:45 PM
Grundle
Hookah Newbie

k thanks guys.. i think i'll make a stop by the food store... ordering from germany seems too much trouble. thanks again.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:18 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCServe View Post
This is who I got mine through and I like not having to worry about mixing and messy cleanup. And ordering from Germany wasn't as much trouble, or pricey, as one would believe.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:33 PM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
This is who I got mine through and I like not having to worry about mixing and messy cleanup. And ordering from Germany wasn't as much trouble, or pricey, as one would believe.
yes, right. shipping was about $20 for 10 bottles of molamix. but it took such a long time ... i dont know, but you had to wait for some weeks, havent you?
anyways, if you want to get some magic honey mix, PM me maybe i can get it a bit cheaper, since i know the producer of it.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook