Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nour Vs KM Saga

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:56 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Nour Vs KM Saga

This is my take on the nour versus KM saga....

KM Versus Nour Part 1
KM Versus Nour Part 2

thanks for watching

PS i reallllly tried to rush and fit it in 1 ten minute video....but i failed miserably.../
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Nour Vs KM Saga

awesome vids! KM FTW!! i dont have a syrian nour but i do have a KM and its awesome!
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:08 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Ahem, im not gonna steal this thread but NOUR FTW on the basis of this video:

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video...ils&videoid=36
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video...ils&videoid=37

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:31 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I still don't think you got a full nour man.

Im suprised you got that bowl, my nour bowl looks nothing like that.
even the one from HC has my bowl: http://hookahcompany.com/nour_silver..._3355_prd1.htm
--Your Nour bowl looks exactly like the free bowl i got from hookahhookah

My nour tray is solid brass and etched and looks like my stem, as can be seen in my vid, where as the KM tray was a cheap peice of stamped tin or something. (I even use me showing the tray's thickness in my new intro)
---- I think you got a generic brass tray.

As for bases, I think Sahara Smoke makes the heaviest bases hands down. (I believe you said it was the heaviest base you had). My green nour base which looks like your clear one, was heavier than the exact base you had on top of the other 2 KM bases. The size of the Nour base is acceptable being that our nours are significantly shorter than our KMs. I don't really have an issue with bubbles in either one by the way.

The hoses, yeah the KM hose is better I said that in my new video too. That being said, my KM hose did die. I had to get a Razan for it, and the Nour hose I got is doing perfectly on my genie lol. the KM is still nicer.

As for the stem, yeah, the nour stem can be used as a club to kill people. the top screw peice is nice to hold the tray in place perfectly, i hate crooked or uneven trays and that ash issue that didnt bother you. it is heavier than my SSR/Exotica stem which you have. However yes, there are KM stems that are heavier, but even that shorter one you had, its heavy because it was made wider (not the actual inner stem, just the decoration)

my nour port is fine, the grommet on mine does its job, the KM one not an issue.

My purging in my vid just showed the nour purged slower is all.
----

ill comment on the 2nd half in a little, gotta do an errand.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

lol i was watching the first half last night and it got me all pumped to watch the next but it wasn't uploaded yet :P
Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:10 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

ill post part 2 here:

anyhow, yeah, your nour doesnt purge well at all compared to mine. Look how long it takes me to purge at 3:40 on part 2 of my vid and compare it to how long and how strong you had to blow in to purge yours.

and the hose port thing is really odd, because while my nour hose stays in my KM falls out, you can even see that in my KM review.

at the end, yes to each their own. enjoy your m3 and I'll enjoy my A8 W12 ;P.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 02:28 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
ill post part 2 here:

anyhow, yeah, your nour doesnt purge well at all compared to mine. Look how long it takes me to purge at 3:40 on part 2 of my vid and compare it to how long and how strong you had to blow in to purge yours.

and the hose port thing is really odd, because while my nour hose stays in my KM falls out, you can even see that in my KM review.

at the end, yes to each their own. enjoy your m3 and I'll enjoy my A8 W12 ;P.
actually my hose tends to fall out of the km also, whereas my roommate's nour doesnt. guess it's hard to have a 100% accurate review on non-machine made hookahs
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:30 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

In responses to PL---

Ive mentioned this before, and I hope it is not the case. As we are seeing a decline in KM quality I wonder if nour is taking the same path ie cutting costs by decreasing quality of construction...hopefully someday i ll be able to experience a truely superb nour, and if KM continues to decline I may have to look into nours more.

To everyone else, make sure you check out PLs review as well, as we got nearly identical nours, except his didnt have my flaws. ^_^ YMMV on nours as well as KMs as you can see by our differing reviews.
Old February 3rd, 2009, 03:35 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

while i have no idea if its true...i have heard the new nours are much worse in quality than the older ones (already!)
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:17 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
As we are seeing a decline in KM quality
Can't remember where I read this, but the claim was that the container of KM's that arrived in the US recently were lower cost inventory. Further, it was indicated that the better quality stuff were to arrive soon. Implication, I guess was that vendors ordered the lower cost items because they could move them (maybe with higher markup due to demand). Not sure if or how much the brand can be damaged by a batch or two. Good news would be (assuming all this was true) that higher quality KM pipes are in the pipeline
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:37 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasvic View Post
Can't remember where I read this, but the claim was that the container of KM's that arrived in the US recently were lower cost inventory. Further, it was indicated that the better quality stuff were to arrive soon. Implication, I guess was that vendors ordered the lower cost items because they could move them (maybe with higher markup due to demand). Not sure if or how much the brand can be damaged by a batch or two. Good news would be (assuming all this was true) that higher quality KM pipes are in the pipeline
i dont think the vendors ordered lower quality stuff...it has to do more with the buyers. i heard mixed things from the next shipment...who knows. shrug
Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:39 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

The Exotica I got from Mahir recently is most likely from the new batch. nothing is wrong with it.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 06:40 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

John has some really high quality KMs, and honestly I did get a cheaper feeling one however it still smokes great. I gave it 9 i believe.

My Nour is the exact same and yeah, I lucked out I guess.

I never meant to discredit bradedup's review, just to put out that I got different results. He had an honest and good review, and probably did a better job than me.

Old February 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
vegasvic
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
i dont think the vendors ordered lower quality stuff...it has to do more with the buyers. i heard mixed things from the next shipment...who knows. shrug
right, should have been clearer --- I meant the importers/distributors, not the retail vendors
Old February 3rd, 2009, 09:40 PM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

I got that same crappy clay bowl with my nour..
Old February 3rd, 2009, 10:54 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

i love my Nour it kicks Ass..
Old February 3rd, 2009, 11:11 PM
josys36
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to josys36

I have both a Nour and a KM. The KM is new and tonight is my first smoke. To be quite honest I think both smoke the same. I use Razan hoses on both. I fell the draw is the same and both seems to be made very very well. My Nour's brass is just beautiful. I collect brass so I wanted to get a solid brass hookah. Now I wanted a KM just because I think you should own both. I am so sorry to hear about your Nour. I watched your first vid when you received it and I was so shocked as your experience is not like mine at all. I was both impressed with how well it functions and the sheer looks. I took photos and brought them in the office and they were amazed. Now the KM is also very beautiful. So I guess the moral of this is that there is good and bad in both brands. I am happy with my purchase of both.
Old February 4th, 2009, 12:28 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

look at you trying to make peace.

Old February 4th, 2009, 02:32 AM
mitchard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by josys36 View Post
I have both a Nour and a KM. The KM is new and tonight is my first smoke. To be quite honest I think both smoke the same. I use Razan hoses on both. I fell the draw is the same and both seems to be made very very well. My Nour's brass is just beautiful. I collect brass so I wanted to get a solid brass hookah. Now I wanted a KM just because I think you should own both. I am so sorry to hear about your Nour. I watched your first vid when you received it and I was so shocked as your experience is not like mine at all. I was both impressed with how well it functions and the sheer looks. I took photos and brought them in the office and they were amazed. Now the KM is also very beautiful. So I guess the moral of this is that there is good and bad in both brands. I am happy with my purchase of both.
Yes.

I got my first KM yesterday. It smokes nearly the same as my Nour. I would almost go out there and say better, but its a close call.

Both are amazing hookahs. I would highly recommended either.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook