Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Flat Rate Shipping?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 8th, 2009, 07:27 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic
Default Re: Flat Rate Shipping?

flat rate shipping is good in certain situations. when it comes to shisha, not so much.
Old February 8th, 2009, 07:36 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I think charging per tub will work better. Like $4 per 250g tub?

1 250g tub - $4
2-4 250g - $10
5-10 250g - $15
Old February 8th, 2009, 07:38 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

that sounds like a good idea but what about the guys buying sample packs or 50g packs?
Old February 8th, 2009, 08:39 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by h0lic View Post
that sounds like a good idea but what about the guys buying sample packs or 50g packs?
I am not sure if I am going to carry the 50g boxes yet, no one really buts those online?

Last edited by KarmaHookah; February 8th, 2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:07 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaHookah View Post
I am not sure if I am going to carry the 50g boxes yet, no one really buts those online?
i know i buy them, no where near as much as others do but i do buy them, i pick up a few flavors i am unsure about or that i think i may like but dont want to have a 250 sitting around if its not a go to smoke

as to the shipping either do flat rate or go by weight (maybe with a break on it if the person is buying a lot). i dont really have an issue with paying variable shipping because i understand shipping can be retarded expensive but i dislike when i have to pay 30 bucks shipping on a 250-300 buck order (like when i bought my rig).

as a small business owner my self (note a very small, on the side and not very productive one but one none the same) i would personally eat a little cost of some one was buying a lot of stuff from me, not take all of it but probably take a little off the shipping especially if they are a consistent customer

with usps and all their flat rate box sizes you can get away with a good amount of "flat rate" prices http://www.usps.com/prices/priority-mail-prices.htm you can get a whole lot in one of the large ones, given not much in the line of full hookahs but you could easily get 100-200 bucks worth of tobacco and coals in there easily.

-matt
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:26 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I am doing free shipping on $100+ orders, so if you are buying a hookah, it is pretty much free shipping, I can afford to do it free since I make enough on the item itself.

Last edited by KarmaHookah; February 8th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old February 8th, 2009, 09:34 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
I am doing free shipping on $100+ orders, so if you are buying a hookah, it is pretty much free shipping, I can afford to do it free since I make enough on the item itself.
if you can afford that sweet but i would really really be careful with that, you might not be making much on a rig after shipping if you are eating the cost
-matt
Old February 8th, 2009, 11:44 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

same as matt, i don't buy as much in 50g but i definitely do.
Old February 9th, 2009, 04:53 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I guess I could do 50g. What brands should I carry for the 50g? I was just thinking of doing 50g of Al-Fakher and Layalina, and offer the 100g tins of SB.
Old February 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
I guess I could do 50g. What brands should I carry for the 50g? I was just thinking of doing 50g of Al-Fakher and Layalina, and offer the 100g tins of SB.
honestly if a brand offers 50s and you carry the brand i would carry the 50s, maybe not all the same flavors but it pisses me off when a seller has 250s of a bunch of brands and only a few of 50-100 grams, and listen to you customers, ask them to give you feed back on what they want to see in what sizes, and if your going to be running a lounge and you have some stuff that isnt selling well (be it 50, 100, 250 or kilos), use it in the lounge side as a special or as a free session if its a regular or something.

you knock the price down a few bucks people will smoke any flavor and you still will make some money on it (and better than it sitting on a shelf)

-matt
Old February 9th, 2009, 06:59 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
honestly if a brand offers 50s and you carry the brand i would carry the 50s, maybe not all the same flavors but it pisses me off when a seller has 250s of a bunch of brands and only a few of 50-100 grams, and listen to you customers, ask them to give you feed back on what they want to see in what sizes, and if your going to be running a lounge and you have some stuff that isnt selling well (be it 50, 100, 250 or kilos), use it in the lounge side as a special or as a free session if its a regular or something.

you knock the price down a few bucks people will smoke any flavor and you still will make some money on it (and better than it sitting on a shelf)

-matt
Right on. I am going to carry 50g of AF and Layalina. Do you think I should offer AW or AA?
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:06 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Right on. I am going to carry 50g of AF and Layalina. Do you think I should offer AW or AA?
i have never tried AA but i like AW some what from the stuff ive tried

-matt
Old February 9th, 2009, 07:23 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

Do you think I should carry kilos? I can get them, but not sure if people really need 1000gof the same flavor lol.
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:19 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Do you think I should carry kilos? I can get them, but not sure if people really need 1000gof the same flavor lol.
things like mint and apple/double apple are some times bought by people for personal supplies, you will be getting them for your lounge any way so you can offer them and if you dont sell them you wont be out at all.

if you customers buy a few of the same flavor at a time you might want to offer them, all just comes back to what your customers want. i had thought about buying a kilo of af mint but i decided to try some other mints before i did it, but once i find a good mint that i really enjoy i will probably buy a kilo of it if i can snag it in that brand.

-matt
Old February 9th, 2009, 09:38 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Definitely carry 100 gram SB cans.
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:19 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I might do like value packs, like you get 3 100g SB cans for $28 or something.
Old February 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
I might do like value packs, like you get 3 100g SB cans for $28 or something.
That's a great deal. Because, in all honesty, 5 100 gram SB packs is WAYY too much.

Ohh, I know it's kind of a waste of time for a vendor, but will you carry Fumari?
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:42 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Just the more popular flavours, like mentioned earlier mint grape, SB blue/citrus mist etc

But if it works out the same to get 4 250 then 1 kilo i rather get the 4 250, because of bad batches etc
Old February 10th, 2009, 04:57 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
But if it works out the same to get 4 250 then 1 kilo i rather get the 4 250, because of bad batches etc
QFT, also even if it is a little more expensive i would get the 4 250s just so that i had a more consistent shelf life, some flavors like to change over time when they are opened

-matt
Old February 10th, 2009, 05:05 PM
KarmaHookah
Banned

I might have to start small, a lot smaller than I was originally hoping for. I want to start with at least 2-4 of each flavor.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook