Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

anyone else use hot water in the vase

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old February 6th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Drumr 21
Hookah Nut

Default Re: anyone else use hot water in the vase

Hmm. I might have to try this out. Never really thought about using anything other than cold liquids. Might be interesting.
Old February 6th, 2009, 01:58 PM
petalfaery
Hookah Newbie

Going to try this tonight...will let you know how I get on
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

hot water isnt good for you, i read it somewhere... it opens up your vesicles or something in your lungs and its like breathing in water vapor... you can get ammonia i think
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:22 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu1gi View Post
hot water isnt good for you, i read it somewhere... it opens up your vesicles or something in your lungs and its like breathing in water vapor... you can get ammonia i think
...What?
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:45 PM
skatefree2k
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to skatefree2k

Quote:
really?
i guess we shouldnt take hot showers
or go in hot tubs
i really haven't herd that before

if you find an article about it
post it
Old February 6th, 2009, 02:48 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

So when you got to mexico... you die of ammonia poisoning?
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

i always thought cold water meant less flavor and more clouds and warmer water meant less clouds and more flavor. i never experimented with warmer water. but i suppose i will.

somebody should do a review of the same flavor out of two hookah's at the same time with cold and hot water. i would but...i'm very lazy :P

any takers?
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

Quote:
no offense of course but thats one of the dumbest things ive heard. if that was the case, why hasnt anyone spoken up about saunas. when you have bad sores or aches, the doctor/physician says take a hot bath or shower. drinking coffee or tea is suppose to be bad for your system too? oh fahleez...
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Dakins
Hookah Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLAWgNNvrYg

At the 3:37 mark, he explains why he uses warm water. It has to do with the expansion of the smoke in the vase.

The video was uploaded to Youtube ~a year ago.
Old February 6th, 2009, 03:26 PM
aaron90275
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhoy0 View Post
no offense of course but thats one of the dumbest things ive heard. if that was the case, why hasnt anyone spoken up about saunas. when you have bad sores or aches, the doctor/physician says take a hot bath or shower. drinking coffee or tea is suppose to be bad for your system too? oh fahleez...
lol i agree..
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

Wow, i'm gonna try this right now. I always figured if the water in the base was hot, the smoke wouldn't be as cooled and might be harsh but have never actually tried it. I'll report back :P
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:34 PM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

Jeeze, I never thought you could get Ammonia from water.... oh wait.. that would be 1) pneumonia (Ammonia is a chemical used for cleaning) and 2) the most redonkulous thing i've ever heard.
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

im telling you i read it somewhere... dont hate...
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhoy0 View Post
thats not good logic at all... air and liquids/solids do not go or belong in the same place.. so when you inhale hot water vapors... you are in-turn inhaling water... which leads to
pneumonia. Everyone is acting like the idea of inhaling water is so abstract... IF your water is hot enough you will directly inhale steam... stop being so nieve.
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-peopl...heir-lungs.htm

Last edited by Lu1gi; February 6th, 2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old February 6th, 2009, 04:52 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

Quote:
When you inhale water it is different from sitting in water... your logic makes me want to be deported... assuming you live in the USA.... NO offense though.
none taken. inhaling water itself is bad, yes. but you're not inhaling water when you're smoking hookah...
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:03 PM
skatefree2k
Hookah Nut

yeah man the smoke just doesn't cool down as much. its not coal hot, its not even really noticeable because its only about the heat of you own breath. just seemed to be a little more flavorful. your not breathing in the water, i could see your point there, yes thats not good at all. i've done that enough in a pool when i was younger
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I'm smoking with hot water now, it's nice (:
I do notice a little more flavor, and the smoke is still cool. Not chilly smoke, as you would with cold water, but i'd say nice warm smoke. Thanks for the suggestion, i'm liking this!

And yes you would be inhaling vapor if you were to smoke with steaming hot boiling water in the base obviously, but really, that's just a silly thing to do.

Last edited by Gift3d; February 6th, 2009 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo
Old February 6th, 2009, 05:28 PM
skatefree2k
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gift3d View Post
I'm smoking with hot water now, it's nice (:
I do notice a little more flavor, and the smoke is still cool. Not chilly smoke, as you would with cold water, but i'd say nice warm smoke. Thanks for the suggestion, i'm liking this!

And yes you would be inhaling vapor if you were to smoke with steaming hot boiling water in the base obviously, but really, that's just a silly thing to do.
nice i'm glad you like it.

i wouldn't suggest putting boiling water in any base, because i doubt any of them are tempered glass, just luke warm water (like most faucets put out)
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:10 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
thats not good logic at all... air and liquids/solids do not go or belong in the same place.. so when you inhale hot water vapors... you are in-turn inhaling water... which leads to
pneumonia. Everyone is acting like the idea of inhaling water is so abstract... IF your water is hot enough you will directly inhale steam... stop being so nieve.
http://www.wisegeek.com/how-do-peopl...heir-lungs.htm

You may want to realize that all of the visible component in smoke of any kind is water vapor. Also a good amount of the "air" you are currently breathing is made up of water vapor. Clouds? Water vapor. Mist and fog? Same thing. In haling water vapor is not deadly. Inhaling very warm water vapor while in a very cold place could put you at risk for pneumonia. But it is not a guarantee. that I agree with though you went about stating that in a baseless way.

That link is talking about inhaling water in large amounts and in a liquid form. The lowest amount they reference as being distinctly dangerous is the amount that will fit in a teacup. this has nothing to do with smoking hookah or inhaling water vapor.

I am really confused as to what you mean with "ir and liquids/solids do not go or belong in the same place." please explain further. The different phases of matter interact literally all the time.

To inhale steam the water would need to be beyond the boiling point. Anyone that is foolish enough to put boiling water in their base deserves the scalding damage their lungs are about to experience. Also to keep it at the level of boiling you would need to place your base on a heater of some kind... please refer to my statement regarding boiling water in the base for my opinion on this.
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:13 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

On a side note I have done this a few times a long time ago. we discussed it here before and people have seen varying results based on the tobacco used. It is a good technique to add to your arsenal so to speak.

It can enhance some flavors but for the most part it's a bit psychosomatic. I stopped because it was not enough of a change to really care about in my opinion. the tobacco i usually smoke is flavorful enough to not call for extra work. I usually just use room temperature water in the base.
Old February 6th, 2009, 06:31 PM
skatefree2k
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
You may want to realize that all of the visible component in smoke of any kind is water vapor. Also a good amount of the "air" you are currently breathing is made up of water vapor. Clouds? Water vapor. Mist and fog? Same thing. In haling water vapor is not deadly. Inhaling very warm water vapor while in a very cold place could put you at risk for pneumonia. But it is not a guarantee. that I agree with though you went about stating that in a baseless way.

That link is talking about inhaling water in large amounts and in a liquid form. The lowest amount they reference as being distinctly dangerous is the amount that will fit in a teacup. this has nothing to do with smoking hookah or inhaling water vapor.

I am really confused as to what you mean with "ir and liquids/solids do not go or belong in the same place." please explain further. The different phases of matter interact literally all the time.

To inhale steam the water would need to be beyond the boiling point. Anyone that is foolish enough to put boiling water in their base deserves the scalding damage their lungs are about to experience. Also to keep it at the level of boiling you would need to place your base on a heater of some kind... please refer to my statement regarding boiling water in the base for my opinion on this.
Thank you for this it should help the few people that really just aren't getting it

i guess i really should of made this more clear. i said it a few times as replies but i should of stated it from the beginning.
so sorry for the confusion.

DO NOT: put boiling water in the base, its probably going to crack since there not tempered glass. (ive never seen a tempered glass base)

USE: luke warm water, just turn the faucet on hot and that should be good enough. wont be boiling but just a good temp.

also even tho the base feels warm to the touch the smoke wont really be noticeably warm due to the smokes movement in the chamber where it expands and it going through the hose.

by all means do not try it if your afraid of breathing in steam, but when i put the hot water in my base it wasn't at the point steam(thats really hot water), also the base cools the water upon contact and cools quickly during you session.
Old February 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

I've always used ice cold water because that is what I was told to use but im gonna try this out tonight.
Old February 6th, 2009, 09:39 PM
SIAGCORE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SIAGCORE Send a message via Skype™ to SIAGCORE

Glad to see I was not crazy I thought that with it being winter in Kentucky and I use to live in Florida that the flavor had been less but with a long break from smoking I thought it was just me that I had lost taste buds or something. Then I started to add both hot and cold when filling the vase and all the flavor returned. seems that the water temp up here in the mountains is alot colder then it was in Florida by almost 20 degrees but now i have to go full hot and report back.
Old February 6th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Gunslinger09
Hookah Nut

ammonia WTF I laughed so hard I was crying
Old February 7th, 2009, 01:06 AM
rileynason
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rileynason

i tried that today with fantasia triple apple!
there was way more flavor but the smoke felt weird in my throat so i switched half way through!!..lol
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook