Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Used Hookah inspection!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 6th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Fall
Hookah Nut

Default Used Hookah inspection!!

Tomorrow i plan to go check out Mr. One post's 3 hose hookah for sale. http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9414

I'm considering it mainly because i'm picking someone up close to him, and he agreed he'd bring it to my location so i can check it out and buy it. Question i have for you guys is what should i look for other then an un cracked base and like blowing through the pipe to make sure the auto seal and what not functions correctly. I've never had a 3 hose so i don't know what to confirm is working!

*I know i can get one for not much more online, but my friend is moving out and needs a solid hookah for his new place asap!

Last edited by Fall; February 6th, 2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Used Hookah inspection!!

Always place your hand over the bowl and inhale to check a tight seal. Also look for shoddy welds on the stem and rust/corosion on the ball bearings. Unscrew and examine each port separately, and probably most importantly check with the owner to see if he had any little tricks for smoking it. Most hookahs have character flaws, things such as one hose pulling harder or a tilt in the stem - the owner probably knows about these things, so definitely ask.
Old February 7th, 2009, 12:00 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

OK, I hate to burst both of your bubbles, but I can say what i want hear.

That hookah is extremely low quality, available from H-S.com .

The hose ports are screw on, and they are as crappy as crappy gets. The Stem feels like it's gonna collapse in your hands. The pull is very, very restricted because the gauge is so small on the whole rig. And, last but not least, it is A COMMON CHAMBER EGYPTIAN HOOKAH. You can't clean out the inside of the Heart, so it is gonna smell like death in 2 months and will be un-usable.

I hate to break his sale, but those H-S rigs are complete crap. I'm being completely honest, as I own one.

Honestly, the best parts about H-S Hookahs were the bases, and now even those are crappy.

That 70 bucks, can go towards a TON of things much more useful. It is so completely and utterly bad quality that I threw mine into the trash, but later pulled it out and hoped to sell it.

Last edited by ZenSilk; February 7th, 2009 at 12:02 PM.
Old February 7th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Fall
Hookah Nut

F**k lol, should i just tell him it's a piece of crap no thanks?
Old February 7th, 2009, 01:22 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

yeah man. I mean, I will send you my 1 hose stem for free, if you pay for shipping, if you really want it... but they are the crappiest stem I have ever come across.

For God's sake, the Hose port SCREWS ON, and also screws on CROOKED. Total piece of crap.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook