Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Parents...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 16th, 2009, 11:34 AM
giligan08
Hookah Newbie

Default Parents...

So my parents found my hookah. I am 18, but my mom is a nurse, and my dad is strict with this kind of stuff. I still live at home until I get money to find my own place, but for now, I'm stuck here. They just told me to get rid of it, *not an option, lol* What are some good reasons I can say to back up why I smoke?
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:40 AM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City
Default Re: Parents...

hide it somewhere and only smoke it away from your house.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Drumr 21
Hookah Nut

That's a tough one. I would just make sure that they know and understand what a hookah actually is. Let them know that you smoke flavored shisha(tobacco) Other than that, I would just smoke somewhere else considering you still live at home.

Last edited by Dunkel; February 16th, 2009 at 12:53 PM.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:42 AM
ElijahSing
Hookah Newbie

That sucks.. well, first you should inform them of the controversial facts that set hookah smokers and "other smokers" apart, percentage of nicotine is extremely small. If that doesnt work. tell them you smoke Herbal shisha so there is no nicotine or tar,

Last edited by Dunkel; February 16th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

NOw now, we don't want to encourage people to make their parents mad, or decieve them, sneaking around really won't help you. They will only be more worried, and suspect bigger and badder things that you can do besides smoke hookah.

It's simple, work hard, and get your own place, untill then, get rid of the hookah, give it to a friend perhaps to hold for you untill you have your own place.
But decieving your parents will only make things worse.

Last edited by Pixelz; February 16th, 2009 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Pixelz
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahSing View Post
That sucks.. well, first you should inform them of the controversial facts that set hookah smokers and "other smokers" apart, and that the percentage of nicotine is extremely small. If that doesnt work. tell them you smoke Herbal shisha so there is no nicotine or tar,
There is tar, it's a result of the combustion process when plant matter breaks down, do some research yourself.

Last edited by Dunkel; February 16th, 2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

i dont think, there is a good argument for smoking hookah, you can tell your parents ...
smoking is bad - doesnt matter if its hookah, cigarettes or something else. hookah is bad for your health, too ... but its maybe less harmful, than smoking cigarettes.

well, since i am 18, my parents dont care about it anymore. my dad doesnt like it, but he cant treat me like a child. so he stopped banning my hookah from his house
when i was not of full age, i just went out for smoking (friends, bars or so. and in summer we were smoking in the garden)
Old February 16th, 2009, 11:58 AM
HookahGuru
Hookah Nut

Smoke outside on the side walk, they don't pay for it.
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:00 PM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

well you can hide it, and smoke when they are not home thats what i did for awhile. Then i said why does it matter, people smoke cigs everyday and im 19. So i just smoke when i want as long as i was in my room and just shut the door. Now i live with the Gma and she don't care, as long as i smoke in my room. So i would talk to them be like its not for the bad stuff, i only smoke natural tobacco. Then see what they say and tell them to do reseach before judging.
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:08 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
There is tar, it's a result of the combustion process when plant matter breaks down, do some research yourself.
I m not convinced as to how much tar is actually in hookah smoke. Tar is generally produced when tobacco breaks down due to burning, like you said. However, if you are smoking properly the tobacco is not consumed in the process of smoking a bowl. Your bowl should look the same as when you packed it except dried out and toasted, the tobacco is not consumed in the reaction like in say, a cigarette.
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:09 PM
ElijahSing
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelz View Post
yeah, I know there's tar, believe me.. i've done research, I'm talking about herbal shisha.. theres stuff that has no tar. trust me, I'm not a complete noob just because i haven't been on this forum for long.
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:49 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Maybe let them try it and possibly smell the tobacco, maybe they'll think to them selves hmm it smells just like fruits may it isn't so bad...worth a shot
Old February 16th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

There is no need to bring up illegal substances in this post or any other post. I'm sure he can pose his own arguments, if he plans to argue. Do not post about illegal substances, it is against the rules.
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:02 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
I m not convinced as to how much tar is actually in hookah smoke. Tar is generally produced when tobacco breaks down due to burning, like you said. However, if you are smoking properly the tobacco is not consumed in the process of smoking a bowl. Your bowl should look the same as when you packed it except dried out and toasted, the tobacco is not consumed in the reaction like in say, a cigarette.
i'm with brad on this one, from everything i've heard i've come to believe that tar is only produced when you don't smoke correctly and burn your shisha.

as far as convincing your parents it's ok. well you're 18, maybe just keep it in your car? i can't smoke in my house either but the shed has become my second room

if anything maybe you can convince them just to let you keep it and smoke it away from the house
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Adrian
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel View Post
Maybe let them try it and possibly smell the tobacco, maybe they'll think to them selves hmm it smells just like fruits may it isn't so bad...worth a shot
just because it smells like fruits though doesn't make it any better then smoking cigarettes, 1 hookah session is equal to a pack of cigarettes at least thats what i've been reading in articles regarding our health with smoking hookah. the only difference between smoking a cigarette and smoking a hookah is that the hookah doesn't produce as much tar as a cigarette does unless you burn the shisha like Bradedup said. I could be wrong though, so correct me if I am
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:13 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

I hope you don't believe everything you read.
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Adrian
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
I hope you don't believe everything you read.
nah, i don't believe everything i read from these articles. just an interesting thing to think about if its true though
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:23 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Ask your parents what they reason are against you smoking, and then do some research to prove them wrong
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:28 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Honestly, just break down what a hookah EXACTLY is. give them a full lecture on everything.

Thats what helped me. i let my mom know every single aspect and that i was fully aware of what i was doing. :\ she's still not super okay with it, but at least she's educated too. at least some of that stigma is gone and she doesn't think that i'm smoking Not Tobacco Products.
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:48 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Based on my experience,

This is good .. because this the first and most difficult step ... "When they find out !!" ... now, u can use smart tactics in convincing them to allow you to smoke at the backyard ...

My advice, NEVER smoke in the home without their permission ... it is a process .. and u need to go through it step by step !!
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:52 PM
hookahplayer21
Hookah Nut

^^ Parental education on hookah is the best policy. My parents are not completely happy with my decision to smoke hookah, but they understand that I know the risks involved with smoking.
Old February 16th, 2009, 01:59 PM
blckngld760
Hookah Pro

Just hide it and smoke when your parents aren't home.
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Their roof their rules.
My dad is a lung doctor, my mom is a pharmacist.....
I have my own place.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Hmmm lets see, its your parents house and you live under their roof, their roof=their rules. If you dont like their rules, finad an apt to move into. I am sorry folks, I cannot contribute to a discussion that will have someone deceiving their parents just so they can smoke hookah. Move out, leave it at a friends, smoke at a hookah bar. Respect your parents enough to abide by their rules, please.
Old February 16th, 2009, 02:14 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

Tell them you smoke to keep the scary man standing behind them away from you.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook