Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Gentle Wind is my favorite blend they make. You ought to fire it up before it turns on you.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

I actually liked the delighting the senses better but yeah, i'm gonna knock out the gentle wind tomorrow.

Old February 24th, 2009, 05:23 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Its a shame that traditional tobacco like this is not available in the US. It really makes a person wonder what they are missing out on.
Thanks to another thread I did place an order from Hookah1 and will be picking it up today.
It would be nice to find an importer that would be willing to import this brand and others like it if it was cost effective. But most US hookah smokers are more content with the candy sweet, monster cloud stuff so its doubtful.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am thinking of setting up a group buy for some traditional stuff. anyone in this thread interested? I will be making a separate post about this later to determine the brand and everyone that wants in. the minimum I would be ordering would be 2.5 kilos.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've always wondered if Americans would be into the traditional stuff if they had the chance to get it. Off hand I have noted that the people that have gotten stuff from friends of mine or myself have really gotten into to it so I suppose there is a market.

Societe Chart Du Tobac carries abunch of stuff that is amazing and I am sure that they would be a big hit if they were imported.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I've always wondered if Americans would be into the traditional stuff if they had the chance to get it. Off hand I have noted that the people that have gotten stuff from friends of mine or myself have really gotten into to it so I suppose there is a market.

Societe Chart Du Tobac carries abunch of stuff that is amazing and I am sure that they would be a big hit if they were imported.
I am trying to talk with them regarding some lessened quantities considering they only accept orders that are minimum of 10 boxes of 10 packs of 250g. If it is cost effective for both ends I would love to set up a group buy.
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I am trying to talk with them regarding some lessened quantities considering they only accept orders that are minimum of 10 boxes of 10 packs of 250g. If it is cost effective for both ends I would love to set up a group buy.
yes! see what you can do

Old February 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
yes! see what you can do
If they will sell me less than that it may be around 10 bucks plus shipping for a 250 g. If they won't sell me less then I would need to get around 100 people to break even haha. That's not happening. I can't front close to a grand.

They have some amazing stuff on the site. I am waiting for them to get back to me.

Hajo, how do you make orders from them without dropping a tax bracket?
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

Quote:
If they will sell me less than that it may be around 10 bucks plus shipping for a 250 g. If they won't sell me less then I would need to get around 100 people to break even haha. That's not happening. I can't front close to a grand.

They have some amazing stuff on the site. I am waiting for them to get back to me.

I've tried on numerous occassions to contact them and they've never gotten back to me. I've heard they only speak French and Arabic and I don't know French and my Arabic is questionable on a good day.The also have distr. in the UK ( http://www.shisha.co.uk/sidimansour.htm ) but they have been out of stock for ages.
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:

I'm about 3 times the average poster's age and having worked in a good field for a while I have a bit more of the readies but the main reason why I can make an order for 40 Kilos is that about 30 of it going to and paid for by others.

Abu, don't bother with that UK supplier they suck. When I contacted SCT I had someone write them in French to set the account up. They only speak French and Arabic which it kind of weird since since they have a site with English on it.

It appears that the SHooting Star blends al Atassi and Ayn Jalut and Neroulos Jurak are going to to be posted to me shortly and I hope I'll get enought to distribute so keep an eye open people!
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:52 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

ill pay for it

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 25th, 2009, 03:00 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I'm about 3 times the average poster's age and having worked in a good field for a while I have a bit more of the readies but the main reason why I can make an order for 40 Kilos is that about 30 of it going to and paid for by others.

Abu, don't bother with that UK supplier they suck. When I contacted SCT I had someone write them in French to set the account up. They only speak French and Arabic which it kind of weird since since they have a site with English on it.

It appears that the SHooting Star blends al Atassi and Ayn Jalut and Neroulos Jurak are going to to be posted to me shortly and I hope I'll get enought to distribute so keep an eye open people!
I guess I could write to them in French but at this point it does not seem worth it. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Ia m still hoping we can find a reputable distributor that wants to make the endeavor. I know they would get support from us.
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Renz
Hookah Newbie

is it that good too look for
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook