Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Gentle Wind is my favorite blend they make. You ought to fire it up before it turns on you.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:51 PM
MrBungle's Avatar
MrBungle
Status: Offline
AFNSBFLAVOUR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,410
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

I actually liked the delighting the senses better but yeah, i'm gonna knock out the gentle wind tomorrow.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:23 PM
BIGPOPPA's Avatar
BIGPOPPA
Status: Offline
I call it hypocritical BS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: VAIL, AZ
Posts: 3,615
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Its a shame that traditional tobacco like this is not available in the US. It really makes a person wonder what they are missing out on.
Thanks to another thread I did place an order from Hookah1 and will be picking it up today.
It would be nice to find an importer that would be willing to import this brand and others like it if it was cost effective. But most US hookah smokers are more content with the candy sweet, monster cloud stuff so its doubtful.
__________________
Hi, my name's John. You are in violation of the balance. Leave immediately or I will deport you.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:33 PM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

I am thinking of setting up a group buy for some traditional stuff. anyone in this thread interested? I will be making a separate post about this later to determine the brand and everyone that wants in. the minimum I would be ordering would be 2.5 kilos.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

I've always wondered if Americans would be into the traditional stuff if they had the chance to get it. Off hand I have noted that the people that have gotten stuff from friends of mine or myself have really gotten into to it so I suppose there is a market.

Societe Chart Du Tobac carries abunch of stuff that is amazing and I am sure that they would be a big hit if they were imported.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:10 PM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I've always wondered if Americans would be into the traditional stuff if they had the chance to get it. Off hand I have noted that the people that have gotten stuff from friends of mine or myself have really gotten into to it so I suppose there is a market.

Societe Chart Du Tobac carries abunch of stuff that is amazing and I am sure that they would be a big hit if they were imported.
I am trying to talk with them regarding some lessened quantities considering they only accept orders that are minimum of 10 boxes of 10 packs of 250g. If it is cost effective for both ends I would love to set up a group buy.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:12 PM
MrBungle's Avatar
MrBungle
Status: Offline
AFNSBFLAVOUR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,410
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I am trying to talk with them regarding some lessened quantities considering they only accept orders that are minimum of 10 boxes of 10 packs of 250g. If it is cost effective for both ends I would love to set up a group buy.
yes! see what you can do
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old February 24th, 2009, 10:26 PM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
yes! see what you can do
If they will sell me less than that it may be around 10 bucks plus shipping for a 250 g. If they won't sell me less then I would need to get around 100 people to break even haha. That's not happening. I can't front close to a grand.

They have some amazing stuff on the site. I am waiting for them to get back to me.

Hajo, how do you make orders from them without dropping a tax bracket?
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:08 PM
abu ronin's Avatar
abu ronin
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: mpls
Posts: 4,498
Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
If they will sell me less than that it may be around 10 bucks plus shipping for a 250 g. If they won't sell me less then I would need to get around 100 people to break even haha. That's not happening. I can't front close to a grand.

They have some amazing stuff on the site. I am waiting for them to get back to me.

Hajo, how do you make orders from them without dropping a tax bracket?
I've tried on numerous occassions to contact them and they've never gotten back to me. I've heard they only speak French and Arabic and I don't know French and my Arabic is questionable on a good day.The also have distr. in the UK ( http://www.shisha.co.uk/sidimansour.htm ) but they have been out of stock for ages.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Hajo Flettner
Status: Offline
Hookah Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,746
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
If they will sell me less than that it may be around 10 bucks plus shipping for a 250 g. If they won't sell me less then I would need to get around 100 people to break even haha. That's not happening. I can't front close to a grand.

They have some amazing stuff on the site. I am waiting for them to get back to me.

Hajo, how do you make orders from them without dropping a tax bracket?
I'm about 3 times the average poster's age and having worked in a good field for a while I have a bit more of the readies but the main reason why I can make an order for 40 Kilos is that about 30 of it going to and paid for by others.

Abu, don't bother with that UK supplier they suck. When I contacted SCT I had someone write them in French to set the account up. They only speak French and Arabic which it kind of weird since since they have a site with English on it.

It appears that the SHooting Star blends al Atassi and Ayn Jalut and Neroulos Jurak are going to to be posted to me shortly and I hope I'll get enought to distribute so keep an eye open people!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old February 25th, 2009, 12:52 AM
photolinger's Avatar
photolinger
Status: Offline
Arabian Sensation

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,364
Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

ill pay for it
__________________

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old February 25th, 2009, 03:00 AM
kalutika's Avatar
kalutika
Status: Offline
Mad Alchemist

 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,250
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I'm about 3 times the average poster's age and having worked in a good field for a while I have a bit more of the readies but the main reason why I can make an order for 40 Kilos is that about 30 of it going to and paid for by others.

Abu, don't bother with that UK supplier they suck. When I contacted SCT I had someone write them in French to set the account up. They only speak French and Arabic which it kind of weird since since they have a site with English on it.

It appears that the SHooting Star blends al Atassi and Ayn Jalut and Neroulos Jurak are going to to be posted to me shortly and I hope I'll get enought to distribute so keep an eye open people!
I guess I could write to them in French but at this point it does not seem worth it. Oh well. It was worth a shot. Ia m still hoping we can find a reputable distributor that wants to make the endeavor. I know they would get support from us.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Renz's Avatar
Renz
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 55
Default Re: Where can I find "Shooting Star" tobacco?

is it that good too look for
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The "ring" or "pocket" foil method Interpol Homemade Hookah Stuff 96 March 29th, 2014 11:59 AM
Shooting Star Huskysibe Shisha / Tobacco 14 March 12th, 2010 10:42 AM
Shooting Star Tour Hajo Flettner Hookah Discussion 19 November 22nd, 2008 01:55 PM
Saalaam "herbal" tobacco Liszt Hookah Discussion 12 November 6th, 2008 03:07 PM
Juno Discusses "Big Tobacco" Juno Hookah Discussion 22 August 23rd, 2008 05:00 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.