Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hotel *Update*

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 19th, 2007, 06:01 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

Default Hotel *Update*

Well, I had room service flip a shit, and they left a note in my room. "Illegal substances are banned from this hotel and shouldn't be done" and something of that sort. So I went to management and fought with them for like 3 hours over what a hookah is, I showed them the site even told em how they got like 3 hookah bars within a 10 mile radius of the place, and they decided to let me stay. Meanwhile the company running the conference i am at, kicked me out because of the problem.
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:08 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Hotel *Update*

wow, that blows some major balls. you could always sue, it is the American way
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Pbpredator
Hookah Nut

id contact my lawyer just to see if there is anything u can do... lol
Old September 19th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Dang that sucks, another person banned for hookah use! so to speak...

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Its freaking tobacco! I hate when closed minded people make bad judgement decisions.
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:35 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten

better be careful man, they might have told your employer that you were kicked out for having bad stuff.... better make sure you straighten it all out. sucks to hear.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old September 19th, 2007, 11:40 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Which hotel specifically was this? I'd like to keep my business from them if possible.
Old September 20th, 2007, 06:31 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

that sucks major balls. damn.... but like KK said, you might want to make sure the company hosting the confrence hasn't contacted your employeer and spread lies and sh#t. Plus, I really would talk to a lawyer - specially if you had to PAY to go to the confrence.
Old September 20th, 2007, 06:34 AM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

I'm straightening it out, My employeer knows about hookah, I smoke it in my office somtimes. The hotel appologized about it, and everything and the workshop thing is letting me attend todays class. We'll see what happens.
Old September 20th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I am glad its getting straightened out. Sorry to hear that you have to explain yourself though to numerous close minded people. They really outta get out more hehe
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:20 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Kool, but seriously - they need to get out more often.... :
Old September 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

I told my wife this story today. She said sue for defamation of character. They need to pay for the hassle they put you through. Also, the company that kicked you out of the conference should be named also. No one had any proof that you had an illegal substance. If there was a question, they should have called the police immediately and let them deal with it. As it stands, they took the law into their own hands and accused you. Keep that note, hire a lawyer and sue their asses off.
Old September 20th, 2007, 07:51 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

after rereading, I was about to suggest that but you beat me to it husks
Old September 21st, 2007, 01:19 PM
sznapsy
Hookah Nut

As much as I agree, I'm not going to make it any worst then it was. Everyone at the conference knew what it was, it was just because of the problem with the hotel. I have lawyers in the family, but i doubt i'd push it like that. I'm training with some of the top people in the computer industry, and it's not worth it. The benefits of completing the course will outdo the benefits of sueing them. I'm fine with it, because i understand where they come from on the point that they use this hotel for there conference every 2 weeks, and they don't want to ruin there reputation or have any problems with the hotel.
Old September 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM
entropism
Hookah Newbie

Smart move Sznapsy, very smart move. I worked in legal for a good portion of my life, and I have to say, a lawsuit doesn't really have a leg to stand on realistically. And as you said, the hit your reputation takes is just a liability you don't want draped over your career.
Old October 26th, 2007, 12:03 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I've never heard about an incident like this happening in a hotel before but I suppose such things are more common then any of us know. I do think that taking legal action is not such a great idea because unless you can demonstrate malice ( and it looks like simple ignorance) as well as professional harm I doubt you'd do well in court.

Western society these days is so petty and oppressive that it seems that tobacco will be effectively banned within a couple of years.
Old October 26th, 2007, 07:41 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

They can't 100% ban tobacco in America - they make too much money from it. Make it illegal and the economy would collaspe.
Old October 27th, 2007, 11:20 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Well Sam I think you can agree with me that sometimes making money is not the goal of public policy. Sometimes policy is driven by a desire to control society in order to satisfy someone's lust for power or ideological notions of how things ought to be. In the case of tobacco public bans, massive anti-tobacco campaigns and ever greater tax burdens have drastically reduced tobacco consumption and the revenues generated by tobacco sales. These days insurance companies deny coverage to smokers and we all know these policies are getting worse each year.

I doubt that tobacco will be outright banned but we soon will have a situation not much better then prohibition. The anti-tobacco lobby does want total prohibition and the government so far has given them everything they have demanded. Still, even if we don't have total prohibition the end result of high enough taxes and restrictive laws means the same thing.
Old October 28th, 2007, 10:42 AM
waterboij23
Hookah Nut

I just think it is really sad that people automatically assume the other uses for hookah. Many people really haven't heard about Shisha and all the Different kinds and flavors. I have to explain myself to new people that see it and wonder what it is. After I explain and show them, they understand, and most kinda want to try it then.
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:37 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I am always amazed that anyone would presume a narghile is for uses other then what I use it for. A policemen I know has said that he never saw anything like one of my narghiles used for illegal stuff. Frankly, it makes me damn angry to be viewed as some slack jawed stoner because I use a narghile. That anyone could think something so wrong of someone with my age and background is unfathomable.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook