Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Jurak? how its made?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:17 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Jurak? how its made?

So I've been looking around and I've seen information on Tombac, and Well all the Mossals and such, but I really haven't seen any good info on " Jurak" , this is the stuff thats honey, spices, and fruit bits correct? i know it cant really be gotten here in the states but would anyone know how its made so that i could maybe give it a whirrl to make some?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:24 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Jurak? how its made?

i just bought some isfahan tombac, and i always thought tombac was jurak....which is just plain leaf tobacco

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I beleive jurak is more of a paste than a leaf type product. It's popular in the gulf arab states. Hajo is the one to ask about this. He tends to travel the region and has tried alot of this type of stuff.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:35 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

It will kill you btw

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:40 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

To be honest, I donno how it is made but I know many friends who smoke Jurak. Here is what I know about it:
- It will give you the biggest buzz ever. I saw people many times pass out after smoking this stuff.
- I hate its smell. It is very strong and bad ... if u smoke it in your backyard, all of your neighbours will smell it
- they use large hookahs for smkoking it .. it is like 50" or more ...
- people who smoke Jurak hate the smell of regular moassel and vice versa ... I mean you will not be able to taste the flavor of your moassel if someone is smoking Jurak at the same room
- The most common Jurak brands I know are Sindy and Baaishen
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:41 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
photolinger:
It will kill you btw
What do u mean?
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:44 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
What do u mean?

ever played "catch the speeding bus" with your face? kinda like that.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 10:53 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Here is a picture of the bowl that is used for smoking jurak ... no foil is used .. they cover the bowl with a peace of metal (no holes) and they put the coals over it .... they use soooooo many coals ... I think u have to use 10 pieces (or more) of CH coals to smoke it

Also, the hose is HUGE ... and thick
Attached Thumbnails
190427_1.jpg  
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:09 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

the tobacco is.....more powerful. The first time i did it i coughed for a few minutes, it kicked my ass, i treated it like moassal....bad move.

Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:27 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
- people who smoke Jurak hate the smell of regular moassel and vice versa ... I mean you will not be able to taste the flavor of your moassel if someone is smoking Jurak at the same room
Disagreed. I love jurak and modern tobacco alike.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 11:46 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

kal, this was refference to diehard jurak smokers. Older, more conservative jurak smokers don't smoke moassel.
Old February 24th, 2009, 12:17 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Jurak varies a lot in how strong it is and how it's made depending upon where it from since the sort of tobaccos used varies all over the place just like Western pipe tobacco. Basically, it's finely cut leaf that can bee a big bigger then Hookah-Hookah brand stuff to being a very fine powder. It usually is sticky rather then wet, never has glycerin added and has a bunch of herbs added for flavourings. It never has fruit flavourings. In India the term is sometimes used to describe black style moassel. The more traditional juraks use molasses while the more modern ones use honey. The mixture is baked rather then pressure cooked as is typical with modern, mass produced moassels and depending upon how long it's baked and at what temprature the molaases and herbs meld to varying degrees with the tobacco. very often the tobacco used is a complicated blend with 6 or more types of tobacco. Often the blend is fermented in addtition to the individual leafes being cured.
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder

Disagreed. I love jurak and modern tobacco alike.
May be you are different ... !!! but all jurak smokers I knew (more than 20 friends) hate the smell of moassel ...
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:05 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
May be you are different ... !!! but all jurak smokers I knew (more than 20 friends) hate the smell of moassel ...

Apparently not Abu. I would agree with the statement if it were not so general. I know lots of people that like both. I assume there are those that are diehard one way or another as with any product or opinion. But it is always bad to generalize like that.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

This is just my opinion !!! Take it easy kalutika ...
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
This is just my opinion !!! Take it easy kalutika ...
Well if you go by punctuation I am not the one yelling . I have yet to use an exclamation point let alone three.

All I am saying is that I disagree with the statement that you have to be one way or another.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:35 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

OK
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It is my experience that the people that like traditional products such as jurak, tombacs and black moassels are adamantly opposed to modern style moassels IF they know about them at all. More often then not the guys that some stuff like jurak have never tried the mod stuff because it's not obtainable unless you are in a big city.

When you go to a cafe typically it's either for tombac, jurak or moassel and the managment won't let you smoke something other then the cafe's speciality. some times the cafes are segregated with the different types of products being smoked in different rooms.

In the West it seems to me that the fruity/candy/drink type stuff is 90%+ of what is available and since that is what is popular and accessible that is what people like. The people that use the more traditional products are usually people that have been raised within a narghile culture very different then the college atmosphere we are used to so they see things very differently.

While I like some mod style stuff my preferences are very much more towards the traditional stuff. It seems to me that few people enjoy both equally.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 02:06 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It looks like I forgot mention that what is seen as jurak differs a lot from country to country. In some places it has to be a fine paste while in others the cut can be rougher. Often times it's not seen as jurak unless the the tobacco is air cured while in other it must be fire cured or some other curing method.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook