Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Follow the Sahara Example

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 24th, 2009, 01:23 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Default Re: Follow the Sahara Example

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
So true, i know i have given a product a higher rating just because it was free, i know i shouldnt have but it influences you if u didnt pay for it.

Like i gave hh green apple more then blue mist WTF
That is the problem with recieving free stuff and being obliged to make a review on it. This is where bias comes in. You can't tell if the reviewer is being honest unless that consumer paid for it and owes nobody and is doing the review out of his/her passion for hookah and educating the community.
The HH promo is just that a promo to get hype and it's working, everyone is reveiwing and causing this hype. And you guys get free smoke, so win/win maybe but if you are listening to a review by someone who feels obligated to give a good review than the review is just another paid advertisment. Kind of like an infomercial when they bring in a celebrity to endorse it. We are all members here and we recognize members of the community when they make videos.

Now when you ask other's to follow the Sahara Sample and bring up Nakhla reps you need to look at it in perspective. SSC an HH/HF are one in the same and it's they're product and it is to their benefit to promote.
Nakhla, the leading shisha producer in the world doesn't give a rat's ass about you, niether does Karabetian. Do you really think they have time to spread out sample so you can review? NO! They are doing ok with out your review and your business. Same thing with SB, same thing with AF. Don't even think you'll get a sample for free from those companies. Even Tangiers, a much smaller company most likely will not do that.
Fantasia, maybe, Fusion, probably not anymore, Epic definately YES!...catch my drift. If the product is already successful then they don't give out freebies.
Now vendors that carry their products may give you samples however that vendor will be paying for it out of pocket (not that SSC isn't).

I agree with what SSC/HH is doing is doing but what I don't agree with is a review that I feel may be biased. My final word on reviews, if you bought it then I will watch it and take it seriously.

Since I am using the word biased, I know since I am a vendor this could be seen as biased, so feel free to factor that in to anything I said.

I love hookapro.com!
John
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:38 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarley View Post
In my case, Sahara is getting a customer because of this forum. I want to try some ******* Quicklites too after seeing that video. And I'm sure others will in the future as well, especially the vendors with some hype on the products they carry.
So set up a trade. Or buy a box. They are one of my favorite coals.
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:42 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
That is the problem with recieving free stuff and being obliged to make a review on it. This is where bias comes in. You can't tell if the reviewer is being honest unless that consumer paid for it and owes nobody and is doing the review out of his/her passion for hookah and educating the community.
The HH promo is just that a promo to get hype and it's working, everyone is reveiwing and causing this hype. And you guys get free smoke, so win/win maybe but if you are listening to a review by someone who feels obligated to give a good review than the review is just another paid advertisment. Kind of like an infomercial when they bring in a celebrity to endorse it. We are all members here and we recognize members of the community when they make videos.

Now when you ask other's to follow the Sahara Sample and bring up Nakhla reps you need to look at it in perspective. SSC an HH/HF are one in the same and it's they're product and it is to their benefit to promote.
Nakhla, the leading shisha producer in the world doesn't give a rat's ass about you, niether does Karabetian. Do you really think they have time to spread out sample so you can review? NO! They are doing ok with out your review and your business. Same thing with SB, same thing with AF. Don't even think you'll get a sample for free from those companies. Even Tangiers, a much smaller company most likely will not do that.
Fantasia, maybe, Fusion, probably not anymore, Epic definately YES!...catch my drift. If the product is already successful then they don't give out freebies.
Now vendors that carry their products may give you samples however that vendor will be paying for it out of pocket (not that SSC isn't).

I agree with what SSC/HH is doing is doing but what I don't agree with is a review that I feel may be biased. My final word on reviews, if you bought it then I will watch it and take it seriously.

Since I am using the word biased, I know since I am a vendor this could be seen as biased, so feel free to factor that in to anything I said.

I love hookapro.com!
John
I would not say biased. You have a different perspective from us as a vendor rather than just a consumer. The points you make are more than valid. It's business and it's beneficial for both sides up until the point where people start begging for handouts. That kills me. Reviews matter to me when purchasing new things so the tainting of those reviews with "obligation" to review well makes that useless.

Thanks for the input john. Always appreciated.
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:49 PM
blowjustinup
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
i agree...i mostly smoke nakhla and HHHF....HHHF does have a lot of really good flavors...hazelnut, orange, 7 spice, sahara mimosa, rich and smooth to name a few
I wasn't much a fan of orange and I was really excited for that.. Maybe I'll give it another try tonight.
Old February 24th, 2009, 01:56 PM
blowjustinup
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I would not say biased. You have a different perspective from us as a vendor rather than just a consumer. The points you make are more than valid. It's business and it's beneficial for both sides up until the point where people start begging for handouts. That kills me. Reviews matter to me when purchasing new things so the tainting of those reviews with "obligation" to review well makes that useless.

Thanks for the input john. Always appreciated.
I thought there was an obligation to review.. Not to review well? In my opinion, free or not, if it's bad.. Say it's bad.
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:08 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowjustinup View Post
I thought there was an obligation to review.. Not to review well? In my opinion, free or not, if it's bad.. Say it's bad.
That is my point as well. Some people find their hand pushed away from the big red button used to drop the bomb of bad news if they got their sample for free. They feel obligated or indebted. You can see by my reviews i am pretty much as far away from biased as I can be.
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:09 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

What you need to do is just pick out the reviewers that aren't afraid to give a bad review. Find the reviewers that will tell you a product is good when they enjoy it, and say "hey this sucks let's stop smoking" when it isn't a good session. It's nice that we've enjoyed quite a few of our review sessions so far, but there have been a few that quite literally sucked and we flat out said it. Of all the people reviewing, HH/SSC will still get their good reviews, and they told you to be honest, so why not? If it's the samples you're worried about, they are still coming. Just show honesty in your vids, because it's obvious to the community when you're bullshitting.
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:15 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post

I love hookapro.com!
John

Better yet guys go ahead and ask KM for free rigs for review !!

OF COURSE I AM JOKING.....

guys this is like some big company like Gucci or Porsche or Mercedes would ask people to sample their products FREE in return for a review .... Nakhla would never do this .... they are #1 in sales figures all over the world .... they sell like hot cakes ... they do not ever need such marketing gigs !
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:25 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

i am starting to think that me and brad are the only one who really enjoy hh and hf, i have not given anything a bad rating just cause well its just my opinion on it and others have to try it themselves to see if they think its good or not, well i said the grape sucked cause it was not at all like grape then one of my subscribers goes out and buys alot of hh because of my vids and tells me he loves hh grape-go figure right
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

I agree with a lot of what is being said here - dont take this as a plea for free stuff, because that is absolutely not what I want. And anyone out there knowingly making a biased review should be ashamed. So far, i've been honest, and I know that giving some HF a bad review wont disqualify me so I don't mind doing it.

The great thing, I think, about the SSC contest is that it gets people talking about a newer, lesser known brand, and once people tried it and review it, new people can judge from the reviews. It is a business move that will definitely improve SSCs business after the contest.

This thread is to encourage vendors who are new, or who want to introduce something new, to give a chance to review it. Even a small scale, such as ten or fifteen samples going out, gets people reviewing and with reviews come product improvements and sales.

So no, everyone on here isnt entitled to free anything. However, if a company wants people to check out their products, SSC is using a great method for getting that done.

Rant Over.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:01 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
i am starting to think that me and brad are the only one who really enjoy hh and hf, i have not given anything a bad rating just cause well its just my opinion on it and others have to try it themselves to see if they think its good or not, well i said the grape sucked cause it was not at all like grape then one of my subscribers goes out and buys alot of hh because of my vids and tells me he loves hh grape-go figure right
Try black label...
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:07 PM
blowjustinup
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
I enjoy HH.. Haven't tried HF.. Someone made a comment about green apple tasting like green jolly ranchers and cigarettes.. All I got was the green jolly rancher flavor and I LOVED it.. I bought a 250 of it.

You kinda have to baby the HH.. I tired it at a party on Friday and it didn't go so well.. Everyone was antsy and it got burned and that wasn't fun.. But when I'm home alone or with just one other person or something, and can actually manage it.. HH is great.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Haven't had any HH, but the HF I got to review wasnt bad. I smoked it with my roommate, and we both agreed that the brand was good, but the particular flavor (Lemon Pepper) wasn't so hot. I'm really looking forward to my next shipment for review though!

I'll be buying HF and possibly HH after the contest, definitely.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:45 PM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninorey123 View Post
I say Nakhla Reps need to get ON THIS!!!
I'm starting to think that you guys took this line seriously.

Kind of.. TRIED to make a lil joke on how I would love free nakhla... but i guess my jokes suck?
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:50 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
Try black label...
i have...not a fan i forgot that was the other thing i said sucked,not that it just was not for me but it sucked
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:54 PM
bradedup
Hookah Master

When I rate I try to go by what I rated other things...and how well I liked those...so i try to keep it on the same scale....

I think My ratings run higher than a lot of peoples...but they are consistent....flavors i think are an 8 all get an 8 but some people might think those flavors are only seven-worthy.

And I reserve the really low numbers for stuff that tastes just BAD, if it smokes...and the flavor isnt bad...it will get at least a five.

once u get the hang of it, HH/HF is really good

sorry this was a bit off topic ^_-
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:12 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
When I rate I try to go by what I rated other things...and how well I liked those...so i try to keep it on the same scale....

I think My ratings run higher than a lot of peoples...but they are consistent....flavors i think are an 8 all get an 8 but some people might think those flavors are only seven-worthy.

And I reserve the really low numbers for stuff that tastes just BAD, if it smokes...and the flavor isnt bad...it will get at least a five.

once u get the hang of it, HH/HF is really good

sorry this was a bit off topic ^_-
that is why personally I do not use the number system much. It's not accurate or descriptive enough for me.
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:44 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

Quote:

i love hh/hf and not b/c its free hell the other day i bought 250g of orange
why b/c its a great smoke/session if u get the heat right and were not asking for hand outs i think he was just saying it would be cool if other vendors were as generics as ssc were not asking them to be we just think it would be cool if they did
Old February 24th, 2009, 04:55 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEDrEaMEnDeR View Post
i love hh/hf and not b/c its free hell the other day i bought 250g of orange
why b/c its a great smoke/session if u get the heat right and were not asking for hand outs i think he was just saying it would be cool if other vendors were as generics as ssc were not asking them to be we just think it would be cool if they did
there is truth here. no periods, but truth.
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:58 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

If i dont like a thing i will say it, i think i gave a 2 to acai berry was so horrible, but if you enjoy something it might just get a higher rating then if you paid for it, like i really like orange and apple, and i will buy them again, but i enjoy blue mist to but if both were free, i would have definitly given it a 10 but the price tag put it down.

I total agree with John that stuff u recive for free will always be biased no matter if you try not to, but you will see good points of it cause it was free

Last edited by patelbadboy2006; February 24th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:40 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

dude when nazarhookah was doing .99 cent shipping, i was all over that. if vendors did something like that every once in awhile (like maybe 3-6 dollar flat rate, or .99cents in the state) that's a great way to get some stuff out of your shop.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhizzle View Post
there is truth here. no periods, but truth.
ahh punctuation is for squares
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

HF Snickerdoodle and Ambrosia are very good. BB Pancakes used to be good but it had a chemical smell to it now that puts me off. I won't smoke it. HH Hazelnut, 7 spice and irish cream are good too.
Old February 24th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
HF Snickerdoodle and Ambrosia are very good. BB Pancakes used to be good but it had a chemical smell to it now that puts me off. I won't smoke it. HH Hazelnut, 7 spice and irish cream are good too.

if i dont get those through the contest, i will definitely check them out afterward
Old February 24th, 2009, 09:56 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

When I first started to smoke Hookah-Hookah I didnt like them at all because it always seemed like I burnt it or the cut just seemed weird to me. Now that I've given them a second chance because of the contest I've really started to like them. some of thier flavors have now become some of my favorites.

I thank HookahPro.com for all my gained experience in everything Hookah!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook