Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Follow the Sahara Example

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 24th, 2009, 10:55 PM
Madwolf
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Follow the Sahara Example

maybe my reviews are so high because i have smoked alot of crud, and only keep the stuff i like in stock ?
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalutika View Post
I have not been happy with the number of people trolling the boards asking for free samples and how to get tobacco for free. As with any promotion we will see these folks dwindle off as the faucet of freebies begins to dry. But then again I am loving the opportunity to review so many blends I have never tried. i have already found a flavor I am planning on keeping at very least 250 g in my stock at all times if not a kilo lol.

The best way to show support for a product and to guarantee a future for the brand is to buy it. i have seen many of my favorite indulgences drift away because not enough interest is shown. Business is the word and it is a very important one at them.

When it comes to charity, some people stop at nothing. There is a joke there if you look for it.
There's not much I could really add to this one except +1!!! Nicely put.
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:25 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0

personally i do my ratings as i feel like it should be at that time. maybe what i should do is what bradedup does and look at what i've given things in the past and compare it to those ratings. i enjoy the flavor of HH and HF because they are really good. after this contest, i am really going out and getting my atomic fireball and blueberry pancakes (or muffins as i put it)
Old February 25th, 2009, 04:33 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
That is the problem with recieving free stuff and being obliged to make a review on it. This is where bias comes in. You can't tell if the reviewer is being honest unless that consumer paid for it and owes nobody and is doing the review out of his/her passion for hookah and educating the community.
The HH promo is just that a promo to get hype and it's working, everyone is reveiwing and causing this hype. And you guys get free smoke, so win/win maybe but if you are listening to a review by someone who feels obligated to give a good review than the review is just another paid advertisment. Kind of like an infomercial when they bring in a celebrity to endorse it. We are all members here and we recognize members of the community when they make videos.

Now when you ask other's to follow the Sahara Sample and bring up Nakhla reps you need to look at it in perspective. SSC an HH/HF are one in the same and it's they're product and it is to their benefit to promote.
Nakhla, the leading shisha producer in the world doesn't give a rat's ass about you, niether does Karabetian. Do you really think they have time to spread out sample so you can review? NO! They are doing ok with out your review and your business. Same thing with SB, same thing with AF. Don't even think you'll get a sample for free from those companies. Even Tangiers, a much smaller company most likely will not do that.
Fantasia, maybe, Fusion, probably not anymore, Epic definately YES!...catch my drift. If the product is already successful then they don't give out freebies.
Now vendors that carry their products may give you samples however that vendor will be paying for it out of pocket (not that SSC isn't).

I agree with what SSC/HH is doing is doing but what I don't agree with is a review that I feel may be biased. My final word on reviews, if you bought it then I will watch it and take it seriously.

Since I am using the word biased, I know since I am a vendor this could be seen as biased, so feel free to factor that in to anything I said.

I love hookapro.com!
John

ditto...even though i dont have an online base i have a store front.
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Hold on, John you are saying HH isnt an established brand name? I beg to differ, they are pretty large. In most local shops thats all they carry.
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:53 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Hold on, John you are saying HH isnt an established brand name? I beg to differ, they are pretty large. In most local shops thats all they carry.
true a lot of shop i have been to carry hh,hf and af
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

HH and HF are established brands! They have quite a large operation!

As for the flavor, you need to learn to manage your heat .. it doesn't require much, if you are burning it, you obviously have too much heat on it! If you are getting weak smoke, then you are not giving it enough time to heat up, or you just need more heat (Try a windcover, it works very well with light coal and HH / HF)

As for reviews .. I have said it many times .. but I will go ahead and say it again!
DO HONEST REVIEWS! If you like it, say you like it, if you don't, say you don't! It is just that simple!

I will NEVER say I like something if I don't .. I get asked to do reviews and I let manufacturers know I am GOING to give it an honest review. Most of them never send me product because of my honesty .. lol .. but I am NOT in this to get free shyt, I am in it because I have a passion for hookah and want to contribute my knowledge and opinion to my fellow hookah enthusiasts! A lot of the stuff I do reviews on is stuff I get for myself! This is all done because the MODs and I wanted to create a site that is unbiased and REAL!

So to everyone participating in this "FUN" contest .. and getting the great opportunity to try some HH and HF for "FREE" .. THANKS for participating and offering up your valued opinion and taking the time to MAKE VIDEOS for Hookah PRO.com! (It is greatly appreicated that you are taking the time to support the community with videos of all products and tobacco)

And to those that find fault in something that is supposed to be fun and informative .. there are always other sites you can go to .. save the drama for your mama!

Just remember to keep the reviews real ... that is how we do it here at Hookah Pro!

Cheers!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:55 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

And if anybody is having trouble with HH and HF .. I will be happy to help you out with HOW to smoke it .. Jayrunner was having some trouble and I gave him some tips and he is having some great sessions with it now I think he has a video about it actually?

Just remember, moderate coals and a windcover, if it even gets a little harsh, take the windcover OFF! when it gets light, put it back on ..

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:03 AM
chrisicool
Hookah Pro

People like free stuff, but all good things have to come to an end eventually. Help our local vendors out and purchase products to review. People are less biased on stuff they actually work for. I agree that shipping is killer, you buy a 250g tin for 5 - 6 bucks, Then another 12 bucks for shipping. If anything, maybe our local vendors can have promotions, and deals where they offer free shipping on products.
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
And if anybody is having trouble with HH and HF .. I will be happy to help you out with HOW to smoke it .. Jayrunner was having some trouble and I gave him some tips and he is having some great sessions with it now I think he has a video about it actually?

Just remember, moderate coals and a windcover, if it even gets a little harsh, take the windcover OFF! when it gets light, put it back on ..
http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video...ls&videoid=367
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:

As for the flavor, you need to learn to manage your heat .. it doesn't require much, if you are burning it, you obviously have too much heat on it! If you are getting weak smoke, then you are not giving it enough time to heat up, or you just need more heat (Try a windcover, it works very well with light coal and HH / HF)

As for reviews .. I have said it many times .. but I will go ahead and say it again!
DO HONEST REVIEWS! If you like it, say you like it, if you don't, say you don't! It is just that simple!

I will NEVER say I like something if I don't .. I get asked to do reviews and I let manufacturers know I am GOING to give it an honest review. Most of them never send me product because of my honesty .. lol .. but I am NOT in this to get free shyt, I am in it because I have a passion for hookah and want to contribute my knowledge and opinion to my fellow hookah enthusiasts! A lot of the stuff I do reviews on is stuff I get for myself! This is all done because the MODs and I wanted to create a site that is unbiased and REAL!

So to everyone participating in this "FUN" contest .. and getting the great opportunity to try some HH and HF for "FREE" .. THANKS for participating and offering up your valued opinion and taking the time to MAKE VIDEOS for Hookah PRO.com! (It is greatly appreicated that you are taking the time to support the community with videos of all products and tobacco)

And to those that find fault in something that is supposed to be fun and informative .. there are always other sites you can go to .. save the drama for your mama!

Just remember to keep the reviews real ... that is how we do it here at Hookah Pro!

Cheers!
I agree and stated the same opinions in an earlier post.
Old February 25th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:

Cheers!
yer damn right!

For those who are still confused about the point of this thread:
Good job SSC!
This has worked out well and bolstered the community!
More is better!
Most importantly, reviewing this stuff on any different level than any other product is useless to everyone! It may affect it a little, but please do your best to remain neutral. If you feel like you can't be neutral, let us know.

my only points. thanks everyone!

Last edited by Buddhizzle; February 25th, 2009 at 03:53 PM.
Old February 25th, 2009, 03:14 PM
churlz
Hookah Nut

While we are a business, we really are looking for constructive feedback to improve our products, and we much prefer honest reviews.

And many thanks for the excellent feedback we have received!

-Will
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Kwikwi
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrunner89 View Post
i am starting to think that me and brad are the only one who really enjoy hh and hf, i have not given anything a bad rating just cause well its just my opinion on it and others have to try it themselves to see if they think its good or not, well i said the grape sucked cause it was not at all like grape then one of my subscribers goes out and buys alot of hh because of my vids and tells me he loves hh grape-go figure right
I love HH and HF. There are those of us here who like this brand but didn't feel the need to jump on the free wagon with so many already taking part in the contest. One quarter of my 14 kilos is HH/HF, so yeah I like it.
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:54 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikwi View Post
I love HH and HF. There are those of us here who like this brand but didn't feel the need to jump on the free wagon with so many already taking part in the contest. One quarter of my 14 kilos is HH/HF, so yeah I like it.
Just a bit.
Old February 25th, 2009, 07:58 PM
SIAGCORE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SIAGCORE Send a message via Skype™ to SIAGCORE
Cool Re: Follow the Sahara Example

well I have no trouble saying how it is. this comes from many years as secrete shopper work and as a restaurant reviewer. I seen other people review thing stores, etc and you start to notice that they are happier because it was free. but free is not good if i gave you a FREE bag of dog crap it still dog crap no matter that it was free. and me I got no problem saying so. Some one gave me a few shots of HH and I was like hmm wonder how this is some were great and I added them to the cabinet. the others I told them man why you give me that trash. I am great full for the opportunity that SSC&HP is giving use and feel that I tell you all how it is I like to use a buy~ability scale would I, could I, should I ...all the way to RUN FOR THE HILLS...
Check HERE For great, ok, and horablable reviews

ok Sorry Rant over
and Thanks to all of use that are keeping an even keel
Old February 26th, 2009, 05:24 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Yup, just like the HH rep said. They need HONEST reviews so that they can improve their product line, you arent doing them any good by blowing sunshine up their dresses because you received a product to review and you felt obligated to give a good rating.
Old February 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i agree with john. almost completely. in addition i think people that already know what they like wont review stuff that they think sucks (in the sense that i wont go and ask for hookah hookah or hookah freak samples, i dont want to smoke it, even for free) so you miss on real negative reviews.
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Renz
Hookah Newbie

im defiantly trying to get on this working on my 50 posts haha
Old February 26th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renz View Post
im defiantly trying to get on this working on my 50 posts haha