Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Master Showdown Idea

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 27th, 2009, 02:35 AM
iSmokeHookah
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah Master Showdown Idea

Ok so before I explain what this is, I must try to explain a Hookah Master first.

Hookah Master - Someone who runs the entire session of hookah smoking. He packs the bowl, and does heat management, he preps the hookah lamp. No one else is allowed to touch his tongs, and he trys his best to make the session the best it can be for everyone else.

Ok so anyway my brother gave me an idea. He said there should be a show called Hookah Master Showdown. Basically there are 3-4 Hookah Masters at three tables. They have a selection of numerous Shishas and Coals to choose from. Then what they would do is prep the hookah lamp to their style. Everything from even poking holes into the aluminum. Then they would present their lamp to 3 judges, and the judges would decide whose was most enjoyable. What do you guys think, think it would be a hit?
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Hookah Master Showdown Idea

cool idea, unfortunately completely lacking in marketability... unless all the people involved were bikini clad chicks
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:43 AM
iSmokeHookah
Hookah Newbie

Yeah true, but like they have the chef competitions all the time. IDK, lol. just a thought really it would still be pretty cool for a promo idea.
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:51 AM
fatony612
Hookah Nut

as a line cook I can say the chef shows have a few things that hookah smoking does not ... 1. it's own network 2. it's a major fad atm every house wife that opens a can of raviolis thinks they are a master cook 3. There's no major taboo about it with illegal "things" and last but not least 4. no one worries about a steak giving you cancer just making you fat and in the usa that's no big deal we all are anyway
Old February 27th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmaven View Post
cool idea, unfortunately completely lacking in marketability... unless all the people involved were bikini clad chicks

you say that like that wouldn't be an appropriate solution?
Old February 27th, 2009, 03:28 AM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

would be cool to bad you your not allowed to air any thing about tobacco unless its negative.
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:26 AM
FirePro84
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84

Hookah Master - me...

heh, that's totally what i do, out of the 4 - 7 friends who come over every Thursday night i'm the only one who owns hookahs and i'm the 'master of ceremonies' for the evening...either we start by all cooking dinner or order out...play rock band or watch a movie...and then i break out the hookahs and set everything up for whoever wants to smoke.

i dont remember the last time i've actually chosen a flavor to smoke as i always allow the honor to the guests.
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:35 AM
fatony612
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
Hookah Master - me...

heh, that's totally what i do, out of the 4 - 7 friends who come over every Thursday night i'm the only one who owns hookahs and i'm the 'master of ceremonies' for the evening...either we start by all cooking dinner or order out...play rock band or watch a movie...and then i break out the hookahs and set everything up for whoever wants to smoke.

i dont remember the last time i've actually chosen a flavor to smoke as i always allow the honor to the guests.
this is why i have 2 hookahs one smaller one for guests and my km for my girl and I and if she dosen't like the flavor i want to smoke she get's to fight with the guests over what goes in that hookah
Old February 27th, 2009, 04:47 AM
FirePro84
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84

i stock tons of flavors (currently over 100 i think) that are pretty much all to my liking, however all the people who smoke with me have similar tastes as well so it's never an issue finding something that everyone likes...we're all partial to melons, mints, and mixed fruits.

i have 4 hookahs, we keep going back to the small Mya Bambino though, for some reason it always seems to work really well for our large groups...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook