Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Golden Coals....

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:22 AM
iSmokeHookah
Hookah Newbie

Default Golden Coals....

Wow, so don't ever buy Golden Coal QL. I ran out of Coco Naura and in a pinch I bought them at a Tabacco Hut. HORRIBLE. Thats all I am going to say......
Old March 3rd, 2009, 04:30 AM
xHARRYxCOLONx
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Golden Coals....

better than rollands! these are actually the only other QL's i use other than CH. they get the job done but after using nats u can def taste the difference.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
HuMMuS
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to HuMMuS

those are the coals that came with my hookah and made my head hurt! they do suck
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:09 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

they came with my hookah, and we tried them. We blew on them to get them to glow and boom, the thing fucking hissed at my friends face and shot little sparks everywhere. Crazy..
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:15 PM
HuMMuS
Hookah Nut

that hasnt happened to me... yet. but i will fear them from now on
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:25 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

There was a time when Golden QL's were fairly popular. I tried them and didn't care for them.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:28 PM
HuMMuS
Hookah Nut

well im switching over to naturals and i think i will just stick with them. i hear nothing but good things with them and nothing but bad with the quick lights
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:49 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMMuS View Post
well im switching over to naturals and i think i will just stick with them. i hear nothing but good things with them and nothing but bad with the quick lights
lol and its not just hype either, they really do make a HUGE difference
Old March 3rd, 2009, 12:53 PM
h0lic
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to h0lic Send a message via Yahoo to h0lic

Honestly if I were forced to use QLs I would use CH coals, 3Kings, and Golden coals. Golden coals are the only ones I would light indoors and not worry about it. Just my preference though.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:00 PM
chain
Hookah Pro

idk if he's talkin about goldens or rollands. i've never had a golden explode and rollands explode all the time. naturals all the way in anycase
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:33 PM
HuMMuS
Hookah Nut

im glad its not all hype tho. im hoping it will be much of an improvement. i think i only smoked naturals once. over at a hookah bar.. i was drunk so i dont think i rememeber much of a taste or even what shisha i smoked so i cant say. but got some coming in the mail.
how long does 1kg bag last you?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 01:44 PM
iSmokeHookah
Hookah Newbie

I also forgot to mention that with the Golden Coals, it was very hard for heat mangement. I have never had any luck with 3kings either. I am just not a big fan of QL's though. I commend those of you who can smoke with them and like it. I am with Hummus they made my head hurt and everything lol. I am just an all natural guy I guess. I keep saying it and I will keep saying it, I love Coco's they are great and tastles/odorless, and the ash is minimal.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
HuMMuS
Hookah Nut

i order two bags of them. the only two smoking-hookah.com has. im going to give them a try. i think with naturals there really isnt much you can mess up. there going to be better then quick lights anyday.
ya im glad i dont have many quick lights left, i think only 2 or 3. im going to use them for nothing but puffing the flavor. no inhale. monday i should have my batch of new ones in. or so i hope...
Old March 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

QLs are handy when you can't use Nats, like me. Goldens are pretty decent though. I've used some really horrible ones that smoked like crazy, smelled awful, tasted horrible, and were just bad.

But yeah, unless you have no choice or are broke, use Nats.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 03:08 PM
HuMMuS
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriekitsune View Post
QLs are handy when you can't use Nats, like me. Goldens are pretty decent though. I've used some really horrible ones that smoked like crazy, smelled awful, tasted horrible, and were just bad.

But yeah, unless you have no choice or are broke, use Nats.
why cant you use naturals?
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:41 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i really do hate ql's...but if i'm in a situation with no heating stove or torch i will use golden ql's, or akhla's. ONLY. never...ever....ever will i use 3k again. i'd do johns ql's but the other ones are cheaper. and i'm always sure that they are fully lit before i smoke.
Old March 3rd, 2009, 06:53 PM
mitchard
Banned

I used to love the goldens. They smoke a lot better than most of the other ql's I have tried. Its all pure shit rolled into foil around here. But since going to naturals, the goldens are gross to me.
Old March 4th, 2009, 01:22 AM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuMMuS View Post
why cant you use naturals?

No open heating element appliances allowed. My university has burned down so many times that they're OCD anal about it. And they even get mad when we have lighter fluid or butane, so no torch lighters.
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:16 PM
Whiskers
Hookah Newbie

I'm having to use goldens right now since none of the smoke shops where I'm at sell naturals. I absolutely hate the taste of QL's and can't wait for my order from John to come in on Friday.
Old March 18th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Ki2656
Hookah Newbie

i use Golden coals when im on the run but u can def taste the difference from QL's to Natural
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

i've always had fine luck with goldens. I usually use 3kings, and am fine, but in a pinch i've got some akhlas laying around - just light those bastards outside!
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:39 PM
ChronicHookah
Banned

if it matters, these are the only coals that eric from tangiers uses and recomends, i don't want to link it but they are in demand and are really expensie imo, however there is a market for them, i am not sure if you guys are discussing a knock of off the original, but do you mean the silver tabs in the yellow box?
you guys already know my opinion on coals but i want to make sure we are discussing the right product, please advise. thx
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

these were the first coals i have ever used....so i have a special place for them in my heart....but my lungs disagree
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************* View Post
if it matters, these are the only coals that eric from tangiers uses and recomends, i don't want to link it but they are in demand and are really expensie imo, however there is a market for them, i am not sure if you guys are discussing a knock of off the original, but do you mean the silver tabs in the yellow box?
you guys already know my opinion on coals but i want to make sure we are discussing the right product, please advise. thx
I think they mean the Quicklights in the golden foil, most hookah packages come with them. Mine were not silver tabs, just round coals

these i think
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...?idCategory=24
Old March 18th, 2009, 11:59 PM
xephyd
Hookah Newbie

i'm actually a fan of golden QL. the "quik-lite" brand coals that i got with my hookah were pretty horrible - they'd spark up all over and smell horrible and chemically, and even after 5 min of blowing, still refused to heat up red hot. i ended up having to butane torch each coal until it was red, absolutely horrible.

then i upgraded to golden QLs. 1000x better, no joke. it was such a literal breath of fresh air (with delicious taste, of course). goldens light extremely quickly and actually light up, the smell isn't so bad WHEN its self-lighting, and very very very minimal taste [campfire-y smokey undertone taste - not necessarily a deal breaker] and thats only noticeable after having gone through a box and a half of exoticas.

and yes of course when you light them they're going to sparkle and smoke and pop drop and lock it, that's how it lights itself lol

i still have half a box of golden QLs left for when i can't carry around my "portable" coil burner, and honestly, if people hadn't always posted that QLs taste like shit after having nats, then i never would have noticed the QL taste [ZOMG BLASPHEMY NO WAIZ]

yes waiz. anyway, golden QLs are really quite nice. yea of course no QL is gonna be on par with a natural coal, but out of all the QL coals out there, you could do a hell of a lot worse than goldens.

power rangers got my back, you know how legit that white tiger is yeyuh what now
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook