Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

International Shipping

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 8th, 2009, 04:40 AM
jonno84
Hookah Newbie

Default International Shipping

I would love to here peoples experiences on International purchasing of shisha, hookahs, bowls etc online. I live in Sydney, Australia. Would be curious to see the price of shipping around the world also.

cheers
-Jonno

Last edited by jonno84; March 8th, 2009 at 04:45 AM.
Old March 8th, 2009, 05:47 AM
Orrefors
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Orrefors
Default Re: International Shipping

[FONT=Verdana]Hi Jonno![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I live in Sweden and I have ordered most of my hookahs from the U.S. The shipping has usually cost me about $30-$70. I always expect the shipping to cost about half the price of the item I order. It is delivered via USPS Airmail Parcel Post[/FONT][FONT=Arial].[/FONT][FONT=Verdana][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Most of the times I have gotten what I have ordered, but not always. Everything that I have ordered and received has been in perfect condition on arrival. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Another thing I have to think about are the custom fee and taxes I have to pay here in Sweden. Tobacco can really set you back...several hundred dollars in taxes. So far I have been lucky! Some vendors are kind enough to mark the parcel with “gift” and a lower value. That helps a lot! [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]It would be cheaper for me to buy hookahs here in Sweden but there is only one major company that sells hookahs and they don’t have too much to choose from. Real shisha tobacco is also hard to get hold of here in Sweden. Some store owners import for “personal use” so you can sometimes find genuine Al Fakher and some other brands. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]The government here is working hard to get people to quit smoking. I guess that in the near future we will only be able to smoke in the privacy of our own homes. If we are lucky![/FONT]
<a href=http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/./signaturepics/sigpic1294_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/./sig...gpic1294_1.gif</a>
Old March 8th, 2009, 06:33 AM
Wraggot
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Wraggot

Send me an email at wraggot@gmail.com, mate. I'm from Perth, Australia, so I can fill you in on the tax details and whatnot.
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:29 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrefors View Post
[FONT=Verdana]Hi Jonno![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]I live in Sweden and I have ordered most of my hookahs from the U.S. The shipping has usually cost me about $30-$70. I always expect the shipping to cost about half the price of the item I order. It is delivered via USPS Airmail Parcel Post[/FONT][FONT=Arial].[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Most of the times I have gotten what I have ordered, but not always. Everything that I have ordered and received has been in perfect condition on arrival. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Another thing I have to think about are the custom fee and taxes I have to pay here in Sweden. Tobacco can really set you back...several hundred dollars in taxes. So far I have been lucky! Some vendors are kind enough to mark the parcel with “gift” and a lower value. That helps a lot! [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]It would be cheaper for me to buy hookahs here in Sweden but there is only one major company that sells hookahs and they don’t have too much to choose from. Real shisha tobacco is also hard to get hold of here in Sweden. Some store owners import for “personal use” so you can sometimes find genuine Al Fakher and some other brands. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]The government here is working hard to get people to quit smoking. I guess that in the near future we will only be able to smoke in the privacy of our own homes. If we are lucky![/FONT]
PM Me .... I could get u tobacco in Sweden, custom free
Old March 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
sweetlake
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
PM Me .... I could get u tobacco in Sweden, custom free
Is this only in sweden or is this in the rest of Europe also possible?
Old March 8th, 2009, 08:06 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlake View Post
Is this only in sweden or is this in the rest of Europe also possible?

Pretty much anywhere !
Old March 8th, 2009, 10:42 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I usually get everything from the U.S and i usually pay about $75 on shipping only had a problem once with customs and i ordered like 20 times
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Orrefors
Hookah Nut

I just checked out the Al Fakher-online site (in UAE).
The large solid hookah 30" would cost me $55 and the shipping to Sweden $218.
The weight of the hookah is 8 kg (17-18 pounds?)

It would almost be cheaper if I went there and bought a few hookahs in person

So...no deal!
<a href=http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/./signaturepics/sigpic1294_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/./sig...gpic1294_1.gif</a>
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Orrefors
Hookah Nut

Default For you Swedish hookah smokers.

[FONT=Times New Roman]I just talked to the Swedish Customs and the Swedish Tax Agency. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rules for importing tobacco are as follows.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]As a private citizen you can only import tobacco from another country in the European community. When you order the tobacco you must report the amount of tobacco to the Tax Agency. They will charge you $170 / kg (2.2 lbs?).[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]In Swedish:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Enligt Tullen och Skatteverket kan man som privatperson bara importera tobak fran ett annat EU-land. Nar man bestaller ska man rapportera det till Skatteverket som kommer att ta ut en avgift/skatt pa 1560kr/kg. Ingen tullavgift inom EU. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Bestaller man tobak utan att rapportera det kan man bli atalad for skattebrott och sakert ocksa behova betala skatten pa 1560kr/kg.[/FONT]
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:27 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

Default Re: For you Swedish hookah smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrefors View Post
[FONT=Times New Roman]I just talked to the Swedish Customs and the Swedish Tax Agency. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]The rules for importing tobacco are as follows.[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]As a private citizen you can only import tobacco from another country in the European community. When you order the tobacco you must report the amount of tobacco to the Tax Agency. They will charge you $170 / kg (2.2 lbs?).[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman]In Swedish:[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Enligt Tullen och Skatteverket kan man som privatperson bara importera tobak fran ett annat EU-land. Nar man bestaller ska man rapportera det till Skatteverket som kommer att ta ut en avgift/skatt pa 1560kr/kg. Ingen tullavgift inom EU. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman]Bestaller man tobak utan att rapportera det kan man bli atalad for skattebrott och sakert ocksa behova betala skatten pa 1560kr/kg.[/FONT]

170$ per kilo.....wtf.
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:38 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: For you Swedish hookah smokers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
170$ per kilo.....wtf.
and only EU !
Old March 9th, 2009, 09:57 AM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Its going to be the same for my country from June onwards... EU regulations and tax schemes suck. In america they at least say that money is funding the childrens health program. Here it funds the "government"
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

about 180$ + 25% of price and shipping In Denmark
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:30 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

Is the 25% just VAT or does it include other taxes as well?
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:38 PM
PiNKL0VE
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to PiNKL0VE Send a message via Yahoo to PiNKL0VE

man i am not looking forward to moving to germany & having to order shisha, i guess im going all out and buying a massive amount before i leave.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook