Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First time Hookah Buyer needs help

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 9th, 2009, 02:48 PM
kaastang
Hookah Newbie

Default First time Hookah Buyer needs help

After much deliberation and comments I decided on the Sahara Smoke Model (and my custom build) with a beautiful purple vase with flames. The sales rep upgraded me to hookah freak I'll be trying some Blueberry Pancakes, Ambrosia, and Vanilla Mojito very very soon. My group of friends smoke AF and AW mostly so this'll be a change of pace. Thank you everyone for your input!! Will post photos soon :]

-Geoff

Last edited by kaastang; March 10th, 2009 at 03:17 PM. Reason: I Finally Bought a Hookah!
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:02 PM
Full_ron
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: First time Hookah Buyer needs help

I like the hookah-shisha package. H-s is a good company to buy your first pipe from because you end up getting just about everything you need as a start up.
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Well, with your budget i would start off with a beginner hookah, in a little bit you will get people saying to buy KM's and Nours, but in all honesty, one of these are perfect for learning the basics and in the future when you get a KM or a Nour or something like that, you can fully appreciate their value. Plus all the extras are nice to have. I also wouldnt worry about getting natural coals just yet, learn to use Quicklights.

Ive ordered from hookah shisha and their packages are great, If you got some room in your budget, i would recommend upgrading to the 99.99 package, a 30in hookah will allow the smoke to cool more as it travels further down the stem.

I would get one of the 89 or 99$ hookah packages from hookah shisha, its the best way to start off. And start looking around your neighborhood for someone that sells coals or shisha, you will run out quick with only 2 50gs and 2 rolls of quicklights.

edit: dont get the sheecool...
All of the discounted parts ive gotten from sahara smoke have been of really bad quality. like a leaky stem, leaky hoses, and a cracked base that needed lots of work to make it functional, its not worth it.
also, i would get a vortex, its cheaper and better than a normal phunnel, but with the mod, a phunnel is best, but thats expensive..
make sure to update us with the hookah you order

Last edited by Coldgr33ntea; March 9th, 2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:45 PM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

get a KM .... money well spent
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:06 PM
hookahplayer21
Hookah Nut

If you could find a deal on a mya bambino or qt, that would be a good quality starter hookah. They are relatively cheap, smoke well, and are well built.
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
shishaholiC
Hookah Pro

i'll have to agree with Coldfr33ntea above. Hoookah-shisha (reffered to HS in the forums) is a great company and the package is great. i;ll have to agree on getting the 30inch package tho, not because of longer stem which i believe is a myth but because of the big base which is what make the difference. The hookah is pretty good, i own one of those and its been great for a long time (i think its aproaching 4 years of use of which 3 years are everyday use).

I'd steer clear (and you should too) from that blue aluminium crap from thehookah.
I could easily suggest one of these 3 from that store. i'd probably even choose them over the HS package. These are:
http://www.thehookah.com/product.php...cat=349&page=1
Good looking hookah from a big brand with washable hose. Total price would fit your budget with the vortex and shipping included.
If your budget was a bit bigger i 'd also suggest the MZ package from ********** and buy the nammor extra but even that would not be that big of an upgrade.

My conclusion:
I'd definately go with one of the three packages from TheHookah if i was you.
It comes to a total of $107 [$90+ $9.50 (vortex) + $7.50 (shipping)]

Cheers mate

EDIT: Am not sure if a discount code is available it it could end up even cheaper
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:14 PM
jdeuel3868
Hookah Newbie

H-S offers nice package. They are a little more pricey, but you will get everything you need except foil. I have bought almost all my hookahs from them and if you have any issues like a bad base or bent stem they replace it for free during the first 30 days you have it. They get a 10 in customer service! Romman is a good tobacco too. Not many people on this site smoke it but I am smoking cherry romman right now its pretty good stuff.
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:50 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

im about to buy a one hose from my local hookah lunge
ive trued them out and get pretty big clouds
theyre going out of buisness and sell a 3foot hookah for only about $50
=]
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:06 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

get a qt + nammor + phunnel + coal + shisha and thats your 110 right there
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:33 PM
kaastang
Hookah Newbie

UPDATE:

After a lot of discussion and calls.. i've narrowed down my choices

33" hookah with this base (11" vase)
http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...roductid=16437
http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...cat=262&page=1
$80 (not counting the 15% off)

30" hookah with 12" vase (undecorated)
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=3872
$100 (15% off OR free hookah http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=2330)

The Sahara Smoke ones come with a free vortex bowl and the normal freebies (i get to upgrade my hookahhookah tobaccos to hookah freaks) and although the hose isn't a Nammor its just as thick so pull wise it'll be good.
The H-S comes with normal freebies. (and the free hookah is pretty portable though - but i don't really need it) But I won't be able to get as much tobacco and coals. the only major difference is the diffuser and the phunnel requires too much tobacco for me to be okay with it. My sessions don't need to last that long and if they do I would need more coals.

So I'm leaning towards the Sahara Smoke build. I might order some tobacco and a diffuser from H-S with my extra cash (maybe some fumari haha)

does this sound good?!

p.s how many akhla charcoals would I need for 100g of Hookah Freak?
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaastang View Post
UPDATE:

After a lot of discussion and calls.. i've narrowed down my choices

33" hookah with this base (11" vase)
http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...roductid=16437
http://saharasmoke.com/store/product...cat=262&page=1
$80 (not counting the 15% off)

30" hookah with 12" vase (undecorated)
http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=3872
$100 (15% off OR free hookah http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=2330)

The Sahara Smoke ones come with a free vortex bowl and the normal freebies (i get to upgrade my hookahhookah tobaccos to hookah freaks) and although the hose isn't a Nammor its just as thick so pull wise it'll be good.
The H-S comes with normal freebies. (and the free hookah is pretty portable though - but i don't really need it) But I won't be able to get as much tobacco and coals. the only major difference is the diffuser and the phunnel requires too much tobacco for me to be okay with it. My sessions don't need to last that long and if they do I would need more coals.

So I'm leaning towards the Sahara Smoke build. I might order some tobacco and a diffuser from H-S with my extra cash (maybe some fumari haha)

does this sound good?!

p.s how many akhla charcoals would I need for 100g of Hookah Freak?
well, if you pack 15-20g per bowl, thats 2 coals a bowl soooo around 10, maybe more coals

With the saharah hookah, make sure not to get the discounted stem, I mean i made the vase sound bad earlier, but you can fix a vase, however, a bad stem makes a bad hookah, so dont skimp on it. But be extremely careful with Akhla Quicklights, they tend to explode if you drop them too hard in the tray, or if you grip them to tightly, then it sends hundreds of burining coals onto your carpet and it makes it look like its cheetah print
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Rutch
Hookah Nut

Just so you know, the free vortex bowl is one of the daily specials, so it'll be replaced with another deal in a little while. Just got mine on Wednesday, so the special comes back, just have to keep an eye out for it. Plus I got that same hose, it's pretty nice. Much better than the Mya hose that came with my QT.
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Rider
Hookah Newbie

If you want one of those big rigs, the H-S specials are really nice.. they come with a wide gauge hose and they are washable (both MZ and the Nammor). If you want to go smaller (QT or bambino) ************* has QT + 100+ coal (depends if you get QL or Nats) + 3 50g of AF around 53 bucks?

Last edited by Rider; March 9th, 2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:51 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

im not even going to read that whole mess im just going to pitch in my two cents. i suggest 120% a Nour Syrian, if you dont like it and its not for you then a Km would be my second choice. Both Smoke like Animals and are great for their price.
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:58 PM
gigdarling25
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to gigdarling25

Um, i dont know about anyone.. but this is one bad-mama-jama deal right here :

http://**********.com/product.sc?cat...5&productId=59

Quality hookah, plus shisha, plus awesome coals, plus lots of money left for a vortex & Razan. That is one fine deal (and price) if you ask me....

oh yeah. and a discount code. you best jump on that!

Last edited by gigdarling25; March 9th, 2009 at 11:00 PM.
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

KM + Phunnel + CH Natural coals + Coil burner + KM hose

With regard to shisha, I recommend the following:

- Nakhla Mizo Grape
- Nakhla Mizo Mint
- Nakhla DA
- Havana Special Apple
- Salloum Bahrini Apple

and u will be happy for the rest of your life.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook