Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Looking for new big boy hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 28th, 2009, 12:40 AM
BigSexyPanda
Hookah Newbie

Default Looking for new big boy hookah

I got the free mini mya from hookah-shisha and its nice, but I really want to get a bigger rig. I've been having my buddies over and it works with two hoses, but 6 people sharing two hoses can be better. So I'm looking for a new hookah, been looking at the KMs. I would like a good one with at least 3-4 hose ports. I've been reading saying that from about 22" and up, the stem is all the same width, so even a 22" will still pull just like the bigger ones? So I would like one with all of the perks of a bigger one, without the pure size of it, but if it has to be that way it has to be I don't mind. It's probably gonna be staying at my house 99% of the time, so transporting it doesn't have to be taken into account. I think that's about it. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Oh yeah, I've been looking at the KM Precision. I read the info about it on **********.com and it said it's a syrian on steroids and it has a very solid base and strength to it so that's definitely a plus. Couldn't find any reviews about it.

Last edited by BigSexyPanda; March 28th, 2009 at 12:42 AM.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Fings1
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Looking for new big boy hookah

I'm pretty sure the Precision is a single hose. I think Thehookah.com is the only place that has 3 hose double pears.
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:08 AM
Ninorey123
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to Ninorey123

a 3-4 port KM will run you around the ballpark of $200 for the rig itself. Have fun
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:07 AM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

I believe thehookah.com has the biggest selection on multi-hose KMs
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:52 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhizzle View Post
I believe thehookah.com has the biggest selection on multi-hose KMs
i believe thehookah.com has the only selection on multihose KMs.

I also believe that multihose hookahs are overrated. Just go with a single hose. Its cheaper, and more convinient in most cases.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:00 AM
fatony612
Hookah Nut

I understand wanting to share a hookah with your friends but for the price of one multi port Km you can buy 2 or 3 single port ones. I personally run 2 hookah's if there's more than 3 friends over and as a bonus you can have more than one flavor going. It's hard for just me and the gf to agree on a flavor I dunno how you get 6 friends to be ok with what you want.
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:46 AM
Trivial
Banned

Supposedly the hookah company should be getting there kms in two days...but I dont know how long it would take them to get them on there site

and they supposedly are getin multis too
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:47 AM
FirePro84
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84

DAMNIT...i had a nice long post going for this thread and hitting backspace made me lose it...stupid browser shortcuts...time to go change those...

anyway...i think the shortest KM double hose is this one: http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...imetal-29.html at 29" tall...

i had also written about how taller hookahs dont necessarily smoke better than short ones...you can reference the Hookah Love Blog here if you would like to read up about it: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/hookahl...ll-hookah.html *i think larger hookas look nicer and are a bit more sturdy, but my small MYA Bambino has never failed me and smokes just as good as my Nour and i think better than my Syrian...

personally i use a 1 hose or 2 hose hookah at most for 4-5 people smoking...with more hoses and people drawing more often you need to do more heat management to keep the tobacco from burning easily. *one hose being passed around gives the tobacco time to rest between drags.
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Xazon
Hookah Nut

search the forum there is like 1000+ topics about this

Thank you Xazon
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:27 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

To the people saying that you can get 2-3 KM single hoses for the price of a multi...thats a load of crock. The multis on thehookah.com run 109 to like 160. REAL KMS (28+") run at least 90 bucks. Plus if you get a hookah for 150+ from thehookah, free shipping plus 7.50ish off your next order.

This THREE hose KM is 109. http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...ue-3-inch.html
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:51 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

passing the hose > multi hose. its a more pleasant smoke, if you smoke at the same time it wont be as good.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:04 PM
fatony612
Hookah Nut

I was figuring price off one of the nicer and taller multi hose km's in the 150 price range and then picking up 2 more hoses would put you around 190 so for an additional 10-20 you can get 2 hookahs
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:07 PM
mitchard
Banned

Hookah Company got their KM/MZ shipment. There are TWO, THREE AND FOUR HOSE KMS in the shipment.

Hold tight. The stuff should be up soon according to the report I read from Eric of Tangiers via another forum, after inventory and pricing of course.
Old March 28th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Trivial
Banned

Last edited by Trivial; March 28th, 2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old March 29th, 2009, 05:47 AM
BigSexyPanda
Hookah Newbie

wow thanks a lot for all of the info. I had a quick question though. I went by a smoke shop close by and they had a KM for $70.00 and it's pretty big. High 30s in height. Does that sound right to you guys?
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:34 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

maybe, ive found local shops that specialize in hookah stuff to be cheaper (140 buck mya for 100 bucks), just check to make sure it has the KM markings on it.

as to height, my mya mini compared to me 32 rotator (ya its kind of a turd but if you set it up right it smokes great) you do notice a difference, taller is a bit smoother, easier to pull (less feeling of the bubbles) and maybe a touch thicker smoke (but i chalk that up to base size not height).

honestly i use my mya mini most of the time now because its size makes it easier to clean (my sink in my apartment is stupid shallow, just poor design like most of the stuff here) but it really doesnt give much worse of smoke (a touch less smooth but proper heat management does fine). i dont think you will see a huge differance between 22 and 32, but you would probably see something from 22 to 40 or 18-32

as to multi hose, i think they are a bit more hassle than they are worth, the myas and rotators have a good set up where you can just make them 1 hosers or 2. i wouldnt get more than a 2 hose hookah honestly because with 2 people that smoke hookah on one rig you end up trying to pull at the same time a lot.

-matt
Old March 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin

MZ one hoses come with two additional hose ports. Buy the adapters and hoses and there you have a 3 hose.
Old March 29th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Uscorp
Hookah Newbie

haha when i saw this thread i thought of the old restruant BIG BOY. lol. that would be a funny hookah if they made it.
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:12 PM
BigSexyPanda
Hookah Newbie

Hmm yeah I think I understand what you guys are talking about. I got a free mini mya from hookah-shisha and I set it up for two hoses and even then, we keep pulling on each other and it gets troublesome sometimes, but it's also really funny because we'll mess with each other sometimes and just make each other laugh. Well, I think I'm just gonna go to the shop I found nearby and pick up the single hose KM, seems like an awesome deal.
Old March 29th, 2009, 08:22 PM
obey
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to obey

the precision is really nice, picked one up from a local shop for $70
Old March 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

cool pic obey, i like it
Share with your friends on facebook