Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:58 AM
catsass's Avatar
catsass
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Smile i need some help in making a hookah purchase

this is my first post, and i registered here because i want to buy my boyfriend the absolute best hookah setup i can for his birthday.

we've dabbled in hookah smoking, bought a cheap one from a smoke shop and stuff but he really loves it and wants a good one.

i'm figuring a km would be the best one to buy, but i need to know the best setup to get for him and where i can buy online.

also, he wants starbuzz shisha but is that the absolute best kind?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:06 AM
Buddhizzle's Avatar
Buddhizzle
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 889
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsass View Post
this is my first post, and i registered here because i want to buy my boyfriend the absolute best hookah setup i can for his birthday.

we've dabbled in hookah smoking, bought a cheap one from a smoke shop and stuff but he really loves it and wants a good one.

i'm figuring a km would be the best one to buy, but i need to know the best setup to get for him and where i can buy online.

also, he wants starbuzz shisha but is that the absolute best kind?

unfortunately, you wont get a straight answer on any of this. Starbuzz can be very good, and I recomment Blue Mist flavors. Other folks will plug Nakhla shisha and dozens of other brands: my suggestion is grab some starbuzz and a few other flavors and brands. You'll only know what you like by trying!

As far as set up, KMs are very nice, though myself and a few others will recommend syrian brass hookahs, made by nour. I just bought one myself, and am waiting for it.

So, look around, you'll get plenty of help from all of us. I'll end with my two suggestions, knowing other folks will certainly be adding theirs:

Hookah:http://alfakheronline.com/Item_Hookahs.htm
Coals: Golden or Three Kings Quick Light
Shisha: Starbuzz Blue Mist/Melon Dew, Al Fakher Peach, Hookah Freak Atomic Fireball
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:17 AM
catsass's Avatar
catsass
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddhizzle View Post
unfortunately, you wont get a straight answer on any of this. Starbuzz can be very good, and I recomment Blue Mist flavors. Other folks will plug Nakhla shisha and dozens of other brands: my suggestion is grab some starbuzz and a few other flavors and brands. You'll only know what you like by trying!

As far as set up, KMs are very nice, though myself and a few others will recommend syrian brass hookahs, made by nour. I just bought one myself, and am waiting for it.

So, look around, you'll get plenty of help from all of us. I'll end with my two suggestions, knowing other folks will certainly be adding theirs:

Hookah:http://alfakheronline.com/Item_Hookahs.htm
Coals: Golden or Three Kings Quick Light
Shisha: Starbuzz Blue Mist/Melon Dew, Al Fakher Peach, Hookah Freak Atomic Fireball

i know the post was sort of vague but i'm asking for a lot of information haha

but thanks so much for your input, i'm checking out the link you gave now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Okay first off wut your spending limit? like absolute highest you would go (not saying to go that high just helps)

Next on shisha, its not what is best but what does does you boyfriend like in flavor... does he like a lot of smoke or a lot of flavor... does he want to get buzzed of it?

Next what color of a hookah would you like?



And a little background on what hookah you have... what tobacco do you use or have you used... what kind of coals are you using right now... what hose do you have


Just give us a little background and we can set you up with what right for you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:27 AM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

this is going to start up a bunch of discussion im sure...
this is what i would get

Hookah:just basically pick the KM/Syrian Brass hookah you think is the sexiest
I've only smoked out of a KM but im sure the difference isnt all that huge

Shisha: try some:
Starbuzz Blue Mist
Al Fakher Strawberry and maybe Peach

Coals: CH coals... just tried some john gave me... theyre amazing...
http://**********.com/product.sc?cat...6&productId=16
if you dont have a stove try:
http://**********.com/product.sc?cat...6&productId=15

Also get a Razan/Nammor hose. Theyre amazing and fully washable

=]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:41 AM
catsass's Avatar
catsass
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
Okay first off wut your spending limit? like absolute highest you would go (not saying to go that high just helps)

Next on shisha, its not what is best but what does does you boyfriend like in flavor... does he like a lot of smoke or a lot of flavor... does he want to get buzzed of it?

Next what color of a hookah would you like?



And a little background on what hookah you have... what tobacco do you use or have you used... what kind of coals are you using right now... what hose do you have


Just give us a little background and we can set you up with what right for you

i honestly have no spending limit. i have ample amounts of money in savings and it's for his 20th birthday.

he said he prefers both flavor and smoke, but he's not really looking for a buzz.

we both love green so that would probably be the color i'd pick.

we have a very small, very basic mya. came with a horrible plastic hose that we hate, the base is very small and we've had our share of problems. i'm looking for something a little bigger.

the first kind of shisha we tried was al amir, which was not so great. we've been smoking fantasia because it's the best the local smoke shop carries.

the coals we have used were called pharaoh, i believe. but we ran out and the smoke shop was out as well so we ended up buying some easy light coals that dont really have a brand but they work okay.


we've just bought whatever cheap crap the smoke shop has but now he wants to have a really good setup and so do i.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:42 AM
intineus
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 62
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Hey catsass, my girlfriend actually got me a hookah for my birthday one year and I loved it. Great idea! As far as the type of hookah goes, the guys who posted before me are right. A lot of it is your personal preference, or what you think your boyfriend will like. The posts before mine definitely covered the type you should get as I just went through the process of figuring out what kind I wanted (I just bought a KM and am waiting for it to come) and I think everyone would agree on either a KM or a syrian brass hookah. There are a ton of sites that you can look for these on such as thehookah.com, *************.com, and nazarhookah. There are a lot of other sites besides the ones I mentioned and you can find discount codes for the ones I listed and others on hookahpro at this address: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=24.

There are some cool video reviews of different types of hookahs on this site that could be a big help to you as well as reviews on tobacco flavors and even coal reviews. Hopefully some of this helps, but if not, you're definitely at the right place to find as much help as you need. Good luck, and have fun picking a hookah out!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old March 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

try investing in a Razan hose (razan sultans are the same just nicer)
its a bit pricey but its amazing and you can rinse it out.

http://**********.com/product.sc?cat...1&productId=46
or
http://www.nazarhookah.com/index.php...nerlnu78frlk96


Do you have access to a stove or do you want to use a lighter when lighting coals?
Natural coals (best to use a stove) are usually better (tasteless)
but some quicklights, I've heard atleast, are also very good
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:05 AM
Trivial
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 575
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Im going to pm you a link of a hookah... I think the most important part is getting the hookah down first

Other stuff is easier
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:07 AM
wonderland's Avatar
wonderland
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Austintown, Ohio
Posts: 1,009
Send a message via AIM to wonderland
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

well... welcome to hookahpro... and below i listed a nice present i would like to recieve lol...

For the hookah: I love mya... yes they make some cheaper models but i love mya. This one is awesome and you can take it all apart for easy cleaning unlike a km which is one long solid piece.

Hookah

For tobacco: Starbuzz is good they have good flavors below i listed a few washed brands (washed tobacco has less nicotine so less if no buzz).

Starbuzz

Al Fakher

Now for some accessories: I recommend getting a washable hose. I personally like the grandhose but they dont have green and being you like green I would recommend the Razan Hose

Its always nice to have a Wind Cover

And for coals I 100% recommend Exotica Coals and to light them use this Electric Stove (if you dont have one)

Thats what I would buy!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:10 AM
catsass's Avatar
catsass
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
try investing in a Razan hose (razan sultans are the same just nicer)
its a bit pricey but its amazing and you can rinse it out.

http://**********.com/product.sc?cat...1&productId=46
or
http://www.nazarhookah.com/index.php...nerlnu78frlk96


Do you have access to a stove or do you want to use a lighter when lighting coals?
Natural coals (best to use a stove) are usually better (tasteless)
but some quicklights, I've heard atleast, are also very good
of course i have a stove lol, we always light our coals on the stove.

i'm checking out the razan hose now but i'm sure the one we get with our km will be good enough for a while.



i'm really liking this one a lot http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...yellow-38.html

and i should probably get a funnel bowl huh?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:18 AM
davidsshadow
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 8
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

for sure get a funnel they are the only thing I smoke with
also I would suggest getting coco nara coals
and razan hose
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:23 AM
FeliFeliWooo's Avatar
FeliFeliWooo
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 760
Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsass View Post
of course i have a stove lol, we always light our coals on the stove.

i'm checking out the razan hose now but i'm sure the one we get with our km will be good enough for a while.



i'm really liking this one a lot http://www.thehookah.com/khalil-mamo...yellow-38.html

and i should probably get a funnel bowl huh?
Well a few of us have trouble using the stove so we have to resort to quicklights... which suck
invest in some natural coals
personally i'd go with ******* hookah coals
or coconaras

that hookah is dam sexy and im sure it'l do an amazing job hehe

the km hose (in my opinion) is amazing
but its not washable
so keep that in mind
some vendors give you a discount if you want to upgrade your bowl/hose when buying a hookah


Yeah a funnel bowl is a good idea
I'd recommend getting a medium Tangiers funnel bowl
or a vortex bowl
if your going to buy a funnel i'd either get a scalimod (covers the hole so foil doesnt cut airflow)
you can either buy one for like $9 or make your own with a tea light
=]
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:24 AM
intineus
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Illinois
Posts: 62
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Something to keep in mind about the glass base of the KM's....each one will be different because each one is hand painted. The base of the KM you get will be the same color but might not necessarily have that same design on it. Also, when you're choosing a hookah, if you are looking for something that is flawless (can't see the welds/imperfections) you probably want to go with a MYA because they are machine made. If you are looking for something hand made that may or may not show slight imperfections, you should go with a KM or a syrian brass hookah. The KM's are one solid long piece which depending on how you want to look at it is one of its best quialities or worst qualties. It will make it harder to clean but it's also a much more solid design.

Another important aspect you want to consider is the number of hoses. KM and syrian brass hookahs normally come with one hose and a purge valve. You can find multi hose KM's but they're pretty pricey. If money is not an issue than I guess this doesn't really apply to you, but just something to keep in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old March 28th, 2009, 03:29 AM
FirePro84's Avatar
FirePro84
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 173
Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Phunnel bowls are nice, i have two and a myriad of standard clay and ceramic bowls and use them all. *the phunnels are nice because you dont get the shisha juice in the stems of the hookah as easily. *great for wetter brands of tobacco like some starbuzz and fantasia for sure.

i reccomend the phunnel bowls from MNH: http://mnhookahs.com/product_info.ph...products_id=91

they also do Jet Glass bowls in different designs on a limited quantity...if you dont want to spend that much the Tangiers ones are just as good, just not as neat looking :-)


as far as hookah goes, i love my Mya Bambino (small round one) but i just got a limited Nour with hand painted vase that is simply amazing...great draw, easy to clean, beautiful looks, great smoke...both are great pieces and smoke well...the only one i have yet to try is a KM which is next on my list...the standard Syrian Hookahs have a 'tighter' draw when smoking, not really my style, but the one i have smokes well other than having to pull more when trying to get smoke out of it.


as far as tobacco, i like mint, melon, and berry flavors...Starbuzz Citrus Mint and WildBerry Mint are nice, Fumari Citrus Mint and Blackberry are great, Fantasia Sweet Red Melon is great, Fusion Sour Apple is great if you dont like the Anise flavored double apple...the list goes on, you can find the favs from my stash here if you're interested: http://firepro84.com/siteweb/nonpb/hookah.htm

for coals, i usually use QL's, the ones from ********** are great, i also use the Belgian ones in the black foil (name escapes me right now).


hope that helps ya out some...he's gonna have a great birthday! does he know what he's getting or is it gonna be a surprise?
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:00 AM
catsass's Avatar
catsass
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 9
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by intineus View Post
Something to keep in mind about the glass base of the KM's....each one will be different because each one is hand painted. The base of the KM you get will be the same color but might not necessarily have that same design on it. Also, when you're choosing a hookah, if you are looking for something that is flawless (can't see the welds/imperfections) you probably want to go with a MYA because they are machine made. If you are looking for something hand made that may or may not show slight imperfections, you should go with a KM or a syrian brass hookah. The KM's are one solid long piece which depending on how you want to look at it is one of its best quialities or worst qualties. It will make it harder to clean but it's also a much more solid design.

Another important aspect you want to consider is the number of hoses. KM and syrian brass hookahs normally come with one hose and a purge valve. You can find multi hose KM's but they're pretty pricey. If money is not an issue than I guess this doesn't really apply to you, but just something to keep in mind.
handmade is something he will appreciate, imperfections and all. i'm sure he'd like one traditional and handmade versus one machine manufactured.

we decided we only need one hose, we arent partiers and dont mind sharing with friends.


Quote:
Originally Posted by FirePro84 View Post
Phunnel bowls are nice, i have two and a myriad of standard clay and ceramic bowls and use them all. *the phunnels are nice because you dont get the shisha juice in the stems of the hookah as easily. *great for wetter brands of tobacco like some starbuzz and fantasia for sure.

i reccomend the phunnel bowls from MNH: http://mnhookahs.com/product_info.ph...products_id=91

they also do Jet Glass bowls in different designs on a limited quantity...if you dont want to spend that much the Tangiers ones are just as good, just not as neat looking :-)


as far as hookah goes, i love my Mya Bambino (small round one) but i just got a limited Nour with hand painted vase that is simply amazing...great draw, easy to clean, beautiful looks, great smoke...both are great pieces and smoke well...the only one i have yet to try is a KM which is next on my list...the standard Syrian Hookahs have a 'tighter' draw when smoking, not really my style, but the one i have smokes well other than having to pull more when trying to get smoke out of it.


as far as tobacco, i like mint, melon, and berry flavors...Starbuzz Citrus Mint and WildBerry Mint are nice, Fumari Citrus Mint and Blackberry are great, Fantasia Sweet Red Melon is great, Fusion Sour Apple is great if you dont like the Anise flavored double apple...the list goes on, you can find the favs from my stash here if you're interested: http://firepro84.com/siteweb/nonpb/hookah.htm

for coals, i usually use QL's, the ones from ********** are great, i also use the Belgian ones in the black foil (name escapes me right now).


hope that helps ya out some...he's gonna have a great birthday! does he know what he's getting or is it gonna be a surprise?

you have the hookah we have! i just didnt know it was called a pumpkin so thanks for the link haha

i'll probably end up buying one of those glass bowls, i like the look of blown glass a lot.

i'd prefer something without a tight draw, something he's complained about before with ours.



and thanks to everyone for the replies, i really appreciate the input.

i'll make sure to post a picture when we get all of it
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old March 28th, 2009, 04:08 AM
FirePro84's Avatar
FirePro84
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 173
Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

hehe, yep, smallest hookah i own, it smokes pretty well too when it's just me...unfortunately i tipped it over one day inside and burnt my carpet with the coals.* My only complaint is that its not very bottom heavy and tips easily (i've found) when i'm using my long Mya Hose...

i believe all these smaller styles with that base type are called Pumpkins, havent found one yet that wasnt.

oh, and another reason to get a phunnel bowl is that you cant really block the hole in the bowl with the tobacco...i've had that problem before which makes the draw difficult on standard clay bowls and i have to get a poker and clean the holes out to fix it (not fun).

any other questions feel free to ask
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old March 28th, 2009, 05:00 AM
fatony612's Avatar
fatony612
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kansas City, Ks
Posts: 206
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

All I have to say is another amazing girlfriend ... for the hookah the km's will smoke amazingly and the choice of shisha is just trial and error finding what you both enjoy same goes with the bowl and coals. I would recommended getting the razen/nammor hose just so you can wash them between flavor changes. I would say as long as it's not a pink hookah you can't go wrong.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old March 28th, 2009, 05:41 AM
FirePro84's Avatar
FirePro84
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 173
Send a message via AIM to FirePro84 Send a message via MSN to FirePro84 Send a message via Yahoo to FirePro84
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

what's wrong with pink :P

i wouldnt own a pink hookah...personally.......but still! :P
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old March 28th, 2009, 06:40 AM
BigE's Avatar
BigE
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,358
Send a message via Skype™ to BigE
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

If money is no problem.personally I would buy a KM, a NOUR, a MZ. You can try them all and decide which one is the best. You can keep them all or sell them on HOOKAH PRO. Somebody is always looking for a hookah.
As for shisha-same thing try them all (WARNING: this will take a very long time) LOL.
Accessories-definately a windcover,washable hose,xtra grommets.
coal-quick lites or natural.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old March 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Fings1
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 46
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

I'll jump on the bandwagon with a lot of people here. If you want a really large hookah, you can get a 36 inch KM double pear from **********.com. If you're looking for something smaller, get a 27 inch "Dual Tone" AKA Tri Metal.

I also recommend his natural light coals over any other coal on the market, natural or otherwise.

As far as Starbuzz is concerned, I make it no secret that I think their White Peach is the best shisha flavor ever. Blue Mist is also popular, as well as Citrus Mist.

I have a MNHookas.com blown glass phunnel, and I love it. Make sure you get a Scalli with it.

I use a very large KM AS hose, but alot of people here recommend a washable hose like the Razan or Nammor. **********.com has both the Razan and the AS hose.

I would recommend asking the vendor to throw in a wind cover free of charge. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't Just make sure you get the largest one possible, because the phunnels don't tend to fit under medium or small wind covers.

Thats it for my recommendations. Pick a hookah that you can live with for a while. Any hookah properly cared for will last you a long time.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old March 28th, 2009, 11:43 AM
bradedup's Avatar
bradedup
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,258
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

Since in the past year I have purchased piles of shisha, tons of coals and accessories, many different hookahs (KMs, nour, generic Egyptian, chinese, indian, etc) and much more here is what I have found to be my PERSONAL preference for hookah set up; top to bottom.

Hookah = one of my taller KMs (32" and 40"); the short (22") ones are just not the same.

Coals = coconut coals, be it CCN or CH coals.

Bowl = Vortex; I own a bunch of vortexes a bunch of phunnels, a phunnel mod, vortex wins it for me--I have a comparison video on youtube of the different bowls you can check out if you want.

Hose = razan for sure. I like the fabric/detachable tips on the razan better than the grand hose. Razan/nammor are the same hose in different colors.

Shisha = nakhla, once u learn to smoke it, you get great clouds, great flavors. The starbuzz flavors i like (i.e the less chemically ones) are passion fruit mojito, white peach, irish cream, x on the beach. Citrus mist and Blue mist were too chemically for my tastes.

The other crucial thing as mentioned previously; a windcover. It helps A LOT; you can use less coal and manage heat better when coals are dying down, it also helps you get your bowl started faster. Once you learn how to use one, you won't be able to smoke without one.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old March 28th, 2009, 12:28 PM
chadtizzle's Avatar
chadtizzle
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 2,163
Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

i'd say get a 36" green double pear, or a green 34" classic from **********.
[link1], [link2].

for coals, go with either exoticas or CH naturals.
CH are a bit more expensive,
but you shouldn't be unsatisfied with either one.
(unless you have problems breaking the exoticas.)
natural coals are SO much better than quick lighting coals.

shisha. hmm, well i do like starbuzz but it is so damn expensive so i never buy it.
but since money is no issue to you,
i've heard nothing but good things about starbuzz blue mist,
caramel macchiato, x on the beach, and citrus mist.
i've had sb cherry, and blue mist, i can honestly tell you sb cherry
was one of the worst that i've ever had. blue mist was pretty good though.

i'd also recommend picking up some al-fakher because it's cheaper,
and they are pretty consistent with their flavors (i haven't had a bad batch yet...but others here will disagree with me.)

you should pick up a razan/nammor/grand hose also. can't go wrong.
go ahead and get a windcover, or make one from scratch. it does make a difference.
make sure you have aluminum foil too.
(don't buy the precut crap, go to walmart and get some reynolds wrap heavy duty)
get a phunnel bowl too! smalls are great but if you want to smoke for 5 hours get a medium.

Last edited by chadtizzle; March 28th, 2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: didn't read whole thread
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old March 28th, 2009, 01:25 PM
photolinger's Avatar
photolinger
Status: Offline
Arabian Sensation

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,364
Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

for hookah, i recommend syrian brass hookahs of any type, i like them to be in the upper 20incher range.

for bowl, i think egyptian clay bowls work just fine.

for tobacco, nakhla.

for coals, CH natties, you may thins 13 bucks is a lot, but think of it this way, its a whole kilo of charcoal, it will last a long time, taste a lot better than quick lights. in the end i swear its cheaper and better.

for hose, just get something wide
__________________

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old March 29th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Rider's Avatar
Rider
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 80
Default Re: i need some help in making a hookah purchase

How bout this hookah, its an MZ but it comes with a widegauge washable hose. http://www.thehookah.com/product.php...cat=349&page=1. I think its a great deal, you can add a vortex and a lot of shisha.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What was your first Hookah Purchase HookahETC Hookah Discussion 36 December 1st, 2011 04:51 PM
Consultation of Next Hookah Purchase kidvshero Hookah Discussion 18 January 4th, 2009 06:26 PM
Hookah purchase confusion AlphonseBojagle Hookah Discussion 2 August 6th, 2008 06:22 AM
making a hookah cashmere868 Hookah Discussion 4 January 15th, 2008 01:25 PM
Free box of 3 Kings with purchase of 32" Hookah. HookahETC Vendor Sales / Specials / Deals 0 June 12th, 2007 08:45 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:23 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.