Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Looking to upgrade.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 2nd, 2009, 07:42 PM
Brand0
Hookah Newbie

Default Looking to upgrade.

First off, I'd like to say hello, first time poster here, but I've been a long time watcher of Sambooka's videos.

Anyway, I've been smoking hookah for about a year now, and bought a Mya QT to start out, and absolutely love it over any of my friends hookahs. The clouds are great, the flavor is never lacking, and I even use Three kings self lighting coals.

Anyway, I am ready for an upgrade from my current QT. I'm looking for something that I can easily use 3-4 hoses, for a decent price, that won't lack on cloud size and lead me back to my QT. I've taken a serious look at the Mya Colossus, but I'd also like to see my other options.

Thanks in advance!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:03 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin
Default Re: Looking to upgrade.

Welcome to HP Brondo! Good to hear that your ready to upgrade.I would advise not going over 2 hoses if your planning on a multihose shisha.Anything more than that and you risk compromising the quality of your session and having to keep folks in check while smoking is a pain in the ass!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:10 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

shit, sometimes keeping an eye on one person pretending to be a Hoover is problem enough, I'd saty 1-2 hose as well.

Is that the only reason you are upgrading?
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
stolenbythesky
Hookah Newbie

Everyone here, well, except for photolinger and a few others will recommend a Khalil Mamoon. Really, it's a lot about preference. Nour, Magdy Zidan, Khalil Mamoon, all very good hookahs.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:36 PM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Hey Brand0, welcome to hookahpro. I would have to agree with stolenbythesky. I just ordered a Khalil Mamoon and it arrived on Wednesday. I was a little skeptical about what everyone was saying, but it's an awesome hookah. It draws so easily and is by far the best hookah I've ever smoked out of. You can check out www.thehookah.com, they have a bunch of 2 and 3 hose Khalil Mamoons, but they get a little expensive. Good luck finding one, and if you decide to buy one offline there is a forum here with some discount codes for certain websites. Hope this helps.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:44 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenbythesky View Post
Everyone here, well, except for photolinger and a few others will recommend a Khalil Mamoon. Really, it's a lot about preference. Nour, Magdy Zidan, Khalil Mamoon, all very good hookahs.
Photo only likes Syrian rigs cuz I told him to! It's not like he is actually Syrian or anything.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:52 PM
stolenbythesky
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
Photo only likes Syrian rigs cuz I told him to! It's not like he is actually Syrian or anything.
hahah, well, i blame you for my syrian addiction then. a nour, a generic syrian ice, and an AF in the mail.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 08:59 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolenbythesky View Post
hahah, well, i blame you for my syrian addiction then. a nour, a generic syrian ice, and an AF in the mail.
generic Syrian= oxymoron. Show me a pic and i can maybe tell u who made it.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:02 PM
Buddhizzle
Hookah Pro

I'll reccommend a single hose nour - you really never need more than two hoses, and even with that you start running into issues. The new AF rigs are really solid and nice, the light versions great if money is an issue. thehookah.com has some nice syrians as well!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:19 PM
Brand0
Hookah Newbie

Yeah the main reason I'm looking to upgrade is for the option for more hoses. I normally have a whole bunch of people smoking with me and being a hose hog myself, it gets quite annoying passing so much. I'll definitly look into those, stolenbythesky.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

The whole point of hookah is to pass it and socialize but I can understand where you're coming from. Why not get another Mya and have them both going at the same time?
Old April 2nd, 2009, 09:38 PM
Brand0
Hookah Newbie

Yeah I understand how its very much about the social aspect, I've only smoked alone once myself.

2 Might work, but that just means 2 bowls, more coals, more shisha, more prep, more cleaning, ect. I guess that could be a possibility, just like the idea of a single one that everybody uses a bit more I suppose.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:04 PM
fr0ntline
Hookah Newbie

can you add another hose via adapter to the QT?
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:09 PM
stolenbythesky
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by abu ronin View Post
generic Syrian= oxymoron. Show me a pic and i can maybe tell u who made it.
I got it from hookah-shisha.com It's definitely not a nour, just clueless as to who made it. link- http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1713
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:10 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0ntline View Post
can you add another hose via adapter to the QT?
mya hose adapters are sold at a lot of vendors. they work great!
Old April 2nd, 2009, 11:24 PM
stolenbythesky
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand0 View Post
Yeah the main reason I'm looking to upgrade is for the option for more hoses. I normally have a whole bunch of people smoking with me and being a hose hog myself, it gets quite annoying passing so much. I'll definitly look into those, stolenbythesky.
I used to think passing was annoying, wait until you have to tell everyone every six seconds to cover the tip of their hose. I promise you, as I've owned 8 hookahs, from a one hose to a 4 hose, 1 hose is the way to go.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:18 AM
wonderland
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to wonderland

Welcome to hookahpro... and the Mya Colossus is an awesome rig. I love mya! lol
Old April 3rd, 2009, 01:49 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I say a three hose maximum and that is only if you think your friends can handle the responsibility of having a hose all to themselves. I have a three hose and will never buy more and would be hard pressed to buy again. I smoke with at least two people most of the time and a one hose treats us just fine. When I had six people at a time the three hose came in handy. Other than that it's not worth it.

Get a Syrian. My favorite hookah is my Nour. I can't recommend MZ or KM hookahs as I have neither. Though I have smoked from a MZ at a lounge and it was nice. Did not blow me away but then again... my everyday pipe is a solid brass nour.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:11 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

I have a 3 hose KM and have absolutely no issues with it....I don't know why people are always hating on multi-hose hookahs. I say get what you think will work best for you.

Old April 3rd, 2009, 04:15 AM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

The mya colossus looks soo beastly, plus with a mya you can go from 1 to 4 hoses with just a few adapter change outs...
Old April 3rd, 2009, 05:55 AM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin

Get a Madgy Zidan Delta Ha just kidding.
Old April 3rd, 2009, 09:29 AM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

My name was mentioned, as I suspected, it had something to do with syrian brass...

I usually say don't take the normal road to a KM just because lots of people who havent smoked anything else suggest you do.

I have a KM, and I have a couple syrians. The latter smoke better than the former. And they look better. And they were less expensive. So i lucked out.

Abu Ronin and Mohammad were preaching syrian hookahs here before I ever joined. Hajo just understood how good they were and just got them....before i was even born....

Honestly the plan originally was to get people to try nour at least. That had minor success, but for the most part. Those who tried it, loved it and realized how good it was, save bradedup who got a really crappy nour. Then the plan quickly became, try Alfakher. What is amazing is how brand recognition works in the Hookah World. I saw KM, immediately half the people think its the best hookah in the world. Well, many people like Alfakher, in truth, its simply just a great name to slap on what the hookah really is, a peice of syrian brass made by nour. The plan is working, and more will follow. The syrian brass army amasses. All your lungs are belong to us.
--------
(before anyone gets butthurt, please understand this is to be taken with much humor. think of it like a hulu commercial).

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook